• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Girls: wax, shave, pluck.. what do you do?

I recently used Neet for Bikini areas. I had to apply twice, but it did a really good job, and no rash or burning from the lotion. It's been about a week and I have little fuzzies, but no ingrown hairs or fucked up itchy shit going on in the crotchular area. And I can't believe I didn't do it before!

Either apply it for her (this kind of tender loving care is a nice turn on sometimes for a girl) or tell her to use a mirror and get up close and personal.

BUMP for a good thread :)

Does anyone know of any good products to use after Brazilian waxing? My Nair and witch hazel regimen works well, but I'm feeling a bit naughty lately. ;)

I'm going on Thursday and don't want a bunch of damn ingrown hairs!

Also, I don't have access to prescription painkillers. Would taking a couple ibuprofen and a Klonopin help out?

I wax. I used to shave, until I started getting ingrown hairs. Ick.

I was considering electrolysis down there too, but I've heard there's a good chance that it will grow back.

Waxing isn't that painful. Just make sure you don't shave for at least two weeks if you're going to get it done. And the first time you do it, it hurts the most, after that, it's smooth sailin'.

And Mariposa - Just don't consume any caffeine before you do it, and don't drink the night before. I'm know for fact that throwing in a couple of Ibuprofen & a Klonopin wouldn't hurt though. ;)

Heheh what a funny thread!
You guys make me wanna wax... but i doubt ill have the courage... maybe one day.

I shave it all off.. I have very very fine hair anyway so it doesnt even grow back thick and hard, and my legs... well, the hair on them grows back so light and thin I can have a forrest down there and it looks like the opposite.. lucky me!

Nehoo whats all this talk about ingrown hairs? Im not quiet sure what ur all talkin about... Explain Please :) ?

Mariposa - I have a couple of glasses of wine and 2 Ibuprofen before my brazillian waxing and I barely feel a thing ;)

I've also done it without anything, and it's not that bad either... but I think I like the psychological "support" of the drugs.

Also the more you relax, the easier it is. If you get a good waxer she'll help put you at ease... and it's done before you know it - you'll wonder why you were ever so scared.

As far as ingrowns, I don't have a solution to that, except tweezers and antiseptic cream/ Tea Tree oil. Works for me :)

RiseGurl said:
Nehoo whats all this talk about ingrown hairs? Im not quiet sure what ur all talkin about... Explain Please :) ?

Damn, you lucky biatch, don't you get ingrowns? ;) They're red bumps where the hair grows back into the skin, rather than growing outwards again like it's supposed to. They can get infected too, which is a nightmare. You can get them after any kind of hair removal; but waxing and shaving seem to be the worst.

I read somewhere that tweezing as a method to remove hair aggravates the skin and causes more ingrown hairs... but shouldn't tweezing be like waxing, I mean both methods pluck the hair out but the root, I don't see how tweezing could aggravate the skin more than waxing...
anyone know anything about this?

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Damn, you lucky biatch, don't you get ingrowns? ;) They're red bumps where the hair grows back into the skin, rather than growing outwards again like it's supposed to. They can get infected too, which is a nightmare. You can get them after any kind of hair removal; but waxing and shaving seem to be the worst.

tehehe interesting... no i dont get them!
Thats weird!!!! I dont get why it does that at all... ahh u learn something new everyday.. I must be blessed with something cause god knows there are alot of other things i wish i was blessed with... heres me thinking I got the bad end of the stick!

Great thread. This has been insightful to me because I just got asked to be in a documentary about the trend of Brazilian Waxing and how it's sweeping the US. Ironic. I actually read all these posts for a bit of research before I get interview next week. Thanks, girls (and guys)!

Tomorrow's the big day... 8o

What kind of underwear (if any) should I wear... I'm thinking commando and baggy cargo pants for the whole day. My usuals are white cotton bikini type but would that, um, chafe it?

I can't believe I'm asking this but that's what SLR is for!

^ Commando, definitely, if you can. Any kind of underwear feels..... well ODD, at best, when you're completely bald down there. *Definitely* steer clear of g-strings (thongs) until a day or so. It will be sensitive baby skin :)

After about 24 hours you should have no trouble wearing your usual cotton underwear.

if you go commando, I will hunt you down and dack you in a crowded area, then run off laughing hysterically.

:p

Has anybody here ever considered laser hair removal? I did it and I highly recommend it if you have the money. I think it's the greatest invention as far as hair removal is concerned.

so what sort of creams do people recomend after they shave/wax their pink bits to keep it all nive and lovely and ingrown free etc (sorry i cant be arsed reading the whole thread again) :p

Wax. I shaved when I was younger and ended up with a horrifying ingrown hair. Haven't put a razor near then ever since.

SLM, you were absolutely right. :)

YAY for my wonderful aesthetician Mona! She's been doing my eyebrows a few months and was really the only one I trusted to do this. If you live in the Bay Area and need a referral, PM me, she only charges $40 (I left a $15 tip) and did a PHENOMENAL job. She was really professional and made me feel completely at ease. She told me what she was doing the whole time so I didn't feel surprised at all- and the skin near my stomach and inner thighs was BY FAR the most painful.

The results look great- I had her leave a landing strip so I don't look like a 12 year old. I'm not in a lot of pain because someone at the office kindly gave me a Motrin 800. :) It wasn't even that painful at the time... I'd liken it to being spanked and at certain points I actually felt a little bit turned on, weird as that might sound.

I bought aloe vera gel with arnica and calendula (homeopathic remedies for skin irritation and just applied some. It was very soothing.

Brazilian Wax: A+. I'm going back in 3 weeks!

Show of hands- anyone else find this thread to be sort of a turn on?

Wow...

(in regards to shaving) Ever try picking up a tube of that Bikini Zone gel at your local drug store? I used to get really bad razor burn and occasional ingrown hairs from shaving day after day (I'm a little obsessive about it) but haven't had a single problem in over a year now.

Maybe give shaving another try and slather some of that shit on afterwards... it takes even the slightest bit of redness out of my skin after shaving, and even contains an analgesic that kills any burning or discomfort.