European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Street drug prices in Portugal after decriminalization

Kibou

Greenlighter
Im curious to know what effect decriminalization has had on the market in Portugal & even Spain

you dont have to say exact figures as it is probably against forum rules.

im just interested what kind of effect it has on the market there.

thnx=)

I'm interested in this too.

What was the Spanish Govt' P.O.V. before and after decriminalisation? I can imagine they were saying don't and that it won't work, but now that it seems to be doing good what's their P.O.V.?

Are the Spanish any closer to decriminalisation?

It's an interesting question. I know this is not representative of the situation in the country as I was at a festival there called Boom, things were cheap (aside from Ketamine) and in relatively good supply, the taxi driver told me good moroccan hash is as low as 4euros per gram and MDMA is available easily for 40. So it seems the hash is cheaper and the MDMA is more expensive than compared to the UK, but this is probably due to being next to the country of origin rather than any law changes that have been made.

Although personal amounts have been decriminalized, it is still very much an offence to distribute the stuff and so I don't think it will have had any impact on prices. It's not as if decriminalizing substances is the same as saying "look, you can sell it wherever you want with no repercussions".

whats P.O.V?

I'm interested in this too.

What was the Spanish Govt' P.O.V. before and after decriminalisation? I can imagine they were saying don't and that it won't work, but now that it seems to be doing good what's their P.O.V.?

Are the Spanish any closer to decriminalisation?

I have plenty of information about the Street Hard Drug scene in Northern Portugal . I'm not sure how far i can go so i'll just say a little bit.

When i was living in Porto ( with a habit ) i could get 1 item of Heroin or Crack @ 5 Euro . That would be about .2/3 . They have open air markets but only certain Dealers have protection ( from police ) if you score off them it will always be decent .

Sometimes their would be up to 100 people waiting in a line . It is all buisness & people don't fuk about or try & jump the que cos they have muscle their to make sure that it all runs smooth.

If you miss the main dealers you are taking a risk with everything . The part timers as i call em are usually using themselves so they don't have the same mentality or Police Protection . If i missed the main guys i would go to one of 2 Housing Projects orBarrio . One of them is notorious as any place i've ever been .

It's crazy lawless & their is shit going on 24/7 . The Police have to come in full Riot Gear if they decide to . AFAIK this project is mooted for demolition as it's in a prime location & they want to build luxury Flats ( yeah good luck with that in the present economy ! )

So that's Hard Drugs .
Hash is sold fuking everywhere !! I used to be able to go down to the bottom of the Road & buy any amount from a couple of euro upwards . I paid about 5 euro a gram . Skunk is around as well but it's pretty expensive in comparison.

The 5 euro an item is in the North , Porto , Braga , Lisboa. Sometimes folk will try & say its 10 euro cos they know it's 10 £ over in the U.K

Down in the south it's different .

If you miss the main dealers you are taking a risk with everything . The part timers as i call em are usually using themselves so they don't have the same mentality or Police Protection . If i missed the main guys i would go to one of 2 Housing Projects or Barrio . One of them is notorious as any place I've ever been .

It's crazy lawless & their is shit going on 24/7 . The Police have to come in full Riot Gear if they decide to . AFAIK this project is mooted for demolition as it's in a prime location & they want to build luxury Flats (Yeah good luck with that in the present economy !)

Was it balls or desperation that made you go to places like that?

Did you not have an opioid script whilst in Spain to keep WD at bay or at least buy OTC codeine/dihydrocodeine and extract it? Do they even do OTC codeine/dihydrocodeine (And morphine like here in the UK) there?

Was it balls or desperation that made you go to places like that?

Did you not have an opioid script whilst in Spain to keep WD at bay or at least buy OTC codeine/dihydrocodeine and extract it? Do they even do OTC codeine/dihydrocodeine (And morphine like here in the UK) there?

Both ! If you want it bad enough . my normal place the one i described was as civilised open air drug market as i have ever frequented.

Yeah i had a 40mg a day phy pills script & benzos also i would buy Temazepam , Lorazepam , Diazepam otc in certain chemists.
I never bothered trying to get otc codeine .
Cos the dope was strong & cheap i was doing plenty so my phy wouldn't hold me .

4469047371_2142c8e521.jpg

8+S%C3%A9+em+2.05.2010+051.jpg

^ Hey Brimz, in the first photo am I seeing correctly, do they have an actual market stall with stuff on it? Amazing if it is.

Although personal amounts have been decriminalized, it is still very much an offence to distribute the stuff and so I don't think it will have had any impact on prices. It's not as if decriminalizing substances is the same as saying "look, you can sell it wherever you want with no repercussions".

But you would think having no possible repercussions for the buyer would increase demand in the country both amongst locals and people who travel there from countries without such laws. Increased demand would then lead to increased supply and price competition...

I want to go there now- hate queing though- whats the best time to get there?

I think I have been there, I didn't see the daytime street market but after dark it was a night-town of the imagination, the dark streets alive with people at 3am, selling drugs, selling themselves. I must admit I bottled it the first night after an evening smoking hash outside a bar in another area, the guy I was with was local and he said you will be OK with me, I said get me back to my hotel. The streets were so dark, narrow and crowded it made the scoring in the South Bronx or Harlem like shopping in Macy's.

^ Hey Brimz, in the first photo am I seeing correctly, do they have an actual market stall with stuff on it? Amazing if it is.

I wouldn't call it a market stall exactly ! A table with a few odds & ends & old clothes is what it is . it's a poor area. Theirs a few Folk that sell random stuff well try i've never seen anyone buy anything .
You can get most things down their , cheap cigs , etc
The 2nd photo is the same street just further down , you can see people in a line they are buying things ;)

But you would think having no possible repercussions for the buyer would increase demand in the country both amongst locals and people who travel there from countries without such laws. Increased demand would then lead to increased supply and price competition...

This is simply not the case. I 've been on the wrong end of a Coppers Baton for being in the wrong place at the wrong time . He was frustrated cos he couldn't find any drugs.

I think I have been there, I didn't see the daytime street market but after dark it was a night-town of the imagination, the dark streets alive with people at 3am, selling drugs, selling themselves. I must admit I bottled it the first night after an evening smoking hash outside a bar in another area, the guy I was with was local and he said you will be OK with me, I said get me back to my hotel. The streets were so dark, narrow and crowded it made the scoring in the South Bronx or Harlem like shopping in Macy's.

Excellent description .

Last edited:
This pic is really weirding me out big time..... The fella under the sign in a white jacket looks like my doppelganger - really- I keep looking at it and thinking its me. Fucking odd