The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Louisville Dope Scene

whyimdifficult

Greenlighter
Hey there guys! Long-time lurker, first time poster here. Newly moved back to my hometown Louisville, KY from Brooklyn and wondering what to expect (if anything) about the heroin scene in town.

My experience in KY is limited -- have only copped a couple times, always through mutual friends who knew the dope man, but usually medium-quality experience at best. It seems that the way it is sold here is in little plastic baggie singles, usually for 50-60 and a low-ish weight (I think .1-.3 but as mentioned below don't know much about this aspect).

Recently moved back to Louisville from NYC and the latter blows the first out of the water from what I have seen. In NYC, only once have I had an experience in which I was sold to in single bags; generally the whole 10-ticket stamped, sealed bundle deal. Has anyone ever come across a 10-ticket bundle-type packaging in Louisville? From what I've heard it seems the scene has gotten bigger in the past few years. I've heard of many users switching from Opana/Oxys/other prescriptions to dope, though Opana seems to have swept through the state and taken a lot of people with it. Has anyone noticed that only one or the other (Opana v. dope) is around or are both usually available, do they come in waves, etc.?

It's interesting to see how different the scenes are. Coming from the best ECP you can really find (I'd think anyway) to the expensive, inconsistently available and lower-quality stuff here it's been a bit of a bummer. Of course there is a huge meth problem in the state (love the South) but dope doesn't seem to be as much of a hot-topic problem for law enforcement, medical workers, overdose rates, etc. I have also noticed that the users I've met are generally young here, though I am too so my perspective is probably skewed.

Anyway, who has some thoughts on this! Would love to hear any comments or advice you might have!

Peace, love & drugs
"
[EDIT: Saw the "Deep South" thread of course but Lou is about as far away from "deep" in the South as you can possibly get. Would love to hear specifics about the city.]

Im from louisville, got into the scene 6 months or so ago. The dope game is kicking in big time around here, no tar, usually brown sugar, NO PRICES depending on quality and dealer. No stamps or folds to be found in my area but there are tons of dealers popping up, look in the west and south end of town for black dudes standing on corners. They can find it...

Last edited by a moderator:
snip

Although I dont wish heroin on my worst enemy, I sadly am hooked on it for the lastt 3 years. I live in Louisville, KY and yes the past few years there has definitly been a rise in use and sales. For the most part its very hard to find someone with consitant uality. A few years ago it was diffulcult to find but what i did get was really good. Think my guy was going to jersey to pick up. Now you can find dope all over but its not very good. My guy that had the good shit is locked up now so im stuck with an habit and shitty dope ( compared to what I was getting). What gets me is I will hear ppll saying the shit is fire! Guess if you never had good dope than garbage is fire. Whats most fucked up is because these ppl have never had better and think its fire there is really no reason for the dealers to get any better.

Anyways my name is Jennirer. snip

Last edited by a moderator:
is it really safe to just troll the west and southend, I just moved from Chicago and that city has it on lock everywhere but you sure as hell dont just walk up on the corner and ask unless you want bunk or get robbed

is it really safe to just troll the west and southend, I just moved from Chicago and that city has it on lock everywhere but you sure as hell dont just walk up on the corner and ask unless you want bunk or get robbed

The ghetto here is not somewhere you just want to walk around and try to cop. The best thing is to go watch live music and find the usual suspects imo. Actaually the best thing is to steer clear all together.

Last edited:
I live in the southern part of the bluegrass, but a guy I went to school with moved up there. I talked to him recently about a road trip and he told me to come on up. If he doesn't personally do it and can get it, then I would assume it's safe to say it's around. Just googe Louisville and Heroin in the news, you'll see what I mean.

My parents also lived up there for a while. I lived behind the St. Matthews Mall for a while, seemed alright at the time....Then they moved on up to Indian Springs in a condo. Too bad they got on the OC's and had to come back home.

But it's there, make some friends, you'll find it.

I have to agree I just moved to the ville to get away from pills and such. The ghetto here is not somewhere you just want to walk around and try to cop. The best thing is to go watch live music and find the usual suspects imo. Actaually the best thing is to steer clear all together.

i mean any ghetto in most cities is prob a place you dont wanna just go walkin around

but thats what junkies do, you say fuck it to the usual notions of safety n go places you wouldnt normally go to cop

Yea if you want it enough you'll give up that security blanket of your cell phone or middle man real quick.

^^yea man i was tired of waiting on arrogant ass kids who thought they were the shit cuz they were selling dope, would make you wait n then made you pay the suburban tax so i said fuck it n started goin down myself once i found n opportunity n a way to get my foot n the door at the trap

By no means do I advocate walking around in the hood. If you're from the hood then no problem but the sharks will bite if they smell fear or weakness...no doubt about it. Pretty much everyone I know in the west end has a connection however. But by no means load up the minivan and just walk around on 19th st...lol but if you can find crack, you can find dope, no problem, be weary of the boys, they drive taxi cabs that are actually cop cars, mini vans also, its pretty hot down there but if you're schooled in the dope game then it shouldnt be very hard at all to find that boy right now...Its everywhere and of pretty high quality right now, id say 25mg IV and Im great...maybe not even that much/ Put it this way, I made a 100 last three days and I IV every 4 hours or so...

it keeps getting bigger as people realize its cheaper and more abundunt the paying out the ass for pharmies not too mention laws, reformulations and pill mill closures for sure helped drive demand up....like someone mentiond above the tan dog food was fire about 3 years ago, now that everyone is wanting it quality has plummeted for sure...there is no open air market so to speak here but its around in certian areas, it really is all in who you know to be honest, ive been here for a few years and its still the same in that aspect.......i just miss that brownish beidge dog food diesel in the folds, way better then this greyish or whiteish bs thats all over....

Just watched a news cast that said arrests for H were up 3000% compared to 2008. Good job legislators!

i have been gettin boy in louisville for the last 5 years i try to just fuck with a couple people but i can say this its higher in the city but its been better then stuff i got in cinci and indy even though its half as cheaper there but im sure its not as good as u was gettin in NYC

I gotta say, Ive met some damn good people lately from these forums. It just goes to show why the scene in louisville is still so good. Its still lacking most of the seedy shady elements that alot of the older more war torn known sketchy dope cities like atlantic city and shit have from decades upon decades of shady ass poverty struck people. But saddly Louisville will eventually reach that level. It happens to em all over time, its a horrible cycle.

But Ive been tryin to do my part and help out were it can be given and have met alot of people with the same mind frame. With everyone being smart, safe and keeping there morals one of the top priorities of there every day life louisville doesnt have to be just another shooting gallery. I dont want to talk bad about anywehre else and thumb my nose at anyone. But We dont have to be another Indiana, after what they have going on with there HIV and AIDs epedemic going on right now. With just some smart choices and helpful people showing and teaching good harm reduction that shit can be avoided. Because I can tell you from personal experience that not all of Indiana want that to be happening and want nothing to do with it and are 100% smart, safe and well versed on harm reduction instead of ingnorance. Its all up to us on how our cities and the scenes in em turn out.

But right now, Louisvilles got some great tan pow wow in with a nice kick to it. But Some grey chunk just came in this morning from a good plug and I must say. Every time this gravel dope hits the city I fall in love all over again. This grey chunk is killing the tan powder right now in louisville. So if you come across any of the grey chunk, grab it while you can.

Stay safe, be smart and help when you can fellas and it'll be a better place for everyone. Now just remember, in the game we are in. Safety is key, with our legal situation and health situations. So stay on your toes everyone.

Wish I knew you while I lived in the ville, Indica. I'm from the Jtown area, but now live in Evansville, IN. There isn't anything consistent or decent around here. I have to make a drive to find anything worthwhile. Louisville will always be in my heart -- got the bird tatted on my right calf. Maybe one of these days I'll make the move back to Louisville if I can convince the future-to-be-wifey. Love Louisville. I go to Louisville every now and then for the Card's games.