⫸STICKY⫷ "Why Can't I Post in Blogs?" Megathread

Tommyboy

Bluelight Crew
Q: Why Can't I post in the Blogs section of Bluelight?
A: Only those who have 'bluelighter' status (50+ posts) can post in blogs.

Due to a large amount of spam in the Blogs forum the Bluelight staff has decided to restrict the blogs forum to only bluelighters. Unfortunately this means that you can not use the blogs feature until you have accumulated 50 posts at which time your status changes from 'Greenlighter' to 'Bluelighter.'

sonicwhite said:
How do I start a blog. It doesn't say new thread or anything. I have no link in which I can bloggo so to speak. Just A litl info.

You have to wait until you have 50 posts before being able to post in Blogs.

Last edited:
Take your time to familiarize yourself with BL, it's a forum so rich I'm sure you'll have some positive things to add to a few threads (look at the Arts & Entertainment forums for example). You'll be in no time to 50 posts and then you can open your blog.

Blogs?

I am trying to start a blog but I can't find where to open a new blog. Can someone tell me where I find the link to start a blog?

Thanks,
Mr. Stone

I've gone to the blogs page and looked for the link that says "your blog" but I can't find it anywhere. What gives? Someone please help.

Thanks,

MBS

Blogs are restricted so you will not be able to start one until you become a Bluelighter (after 50 posts).

How do I start my own blog here? lol :|

I done a few forum searches, I've look at "search for my blog post" option. etc.

So, how do I do it? I feel stupid for asking!

You can't start a blog here until after you have 50 posts and achieve Bluelighter Status. When that happens you can just click on the Blogs link between "Forum" and "What's New" and then from there click new post which is on the right side of Blogs.

they're not points. they are posts.

you currently have made 2 posts. you'll get to 50 posts when you make 48 more posts.

alasdair

I need help just started today how do I become a bluelighter what do I need to do. I just really want to make blogs

^ Bluelight User Titles should provide sufficient information on the differences between greenlighters and bluelighters, as well the requirements for the change in your account to take place. Hope that helps.

Just

Just trying to get my 50 post. Have a blog I'm trying to start to get some input.

Omg

I'm about to say the hell with trying to start a thread. This "50" post is ridiculous

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Have fun getting there, and please don't spam like that again... :\

It causes odd post count glitches in the system.

I'm about to say the hell with trying to start a thread. This "50" post is ridiculous
i can see that you would think it was ridiculous when you only have to consider your own convenience and don't have to look at the bigger picture.

bluelight is run entirely by a volunteer staff and we fight a constant battle against spammers, trolls and other troublemakers. we have procedures in place to slow those people down at the registration and new-users steps.

inevitably that's going to create a slight inconvenience for some regular users like yourself and that's a price we're quite willing to pay. if you're disappointed, then we'll just have to find a way to live with your disappointment

welcome to bluelight.

alasdair

Take your time to familiarize yourself with BL, it's a forum so rich I'm sure you'll have some positive things to add to a few threads (look at the Arts & Entertainment forums for example). You'll be in no time to 50 posts and then you can open your blog.

Yes, do all of that. There really is a lot to get thru, depending on your interests.

i can't post a blog from my phone... i'm mostly posting this so i remember to see what is going on when i get to a computer.

I am a bluelighter, but I keep getting error message when I try and post a blog. Is it the system or am I doing something wrong?