European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Drug Sabbatical Support & Appreciation Thread Mk. III: New Beginnings

Albion

Bluelight Crew
So I see the old incarnation of this too was deleted. Well seeing as I'm on a sabbatical it only seems appropriate to start a new thread and carry on the good intentions.

Anybody else with me on an extended period of sobriety? Any tips for the craving? I've dreamt about taking MDPV two nights in a row now...It sucks.

Cheers sockpuppet! Exercise sounds like a wonderful idea. We have an exercise bike in the lounge (irl), I may hop on it when nobody's looking and sweat out the bad thoughts...

Are you abstaining from MDPV as well right about now? You're very prominent in the MDPV thread, you must have used far more than me.

Exercise and doing other stuff, even if you have to force yourself really helps. Sticking to a structure in your day is essential, its the first thing to go for me when I'm abusing and it causes all sorts of disappointment, havoc and chaos.

I've not smoked cigs for 4 months now. Cut down drinking mid-week for 3 weeks, reduced weekend drinking 2 weeks - last daily drug abuse was 3 weeks ago. Tbh I felt the break through moment this week, starting to sleep better and feel like the real me again. It's good getting a grip!

Anybody else with me on an extended period of sobriety? Any tips for the craving? I've dreamt about taking MDPV two nights in a row now...It sucks.

*Raises hand

Been off alcohol for over a year now and quit the gear n coke nearly 2 months ago. Whilst I took a small amount of k last sunday it's been mostly sobriety for a while now.

Tis all about escapism.
And for me (this will sound ridiculous) frisbee is a worthy replacement and a drug in itself.

Can't say if I'm cured for good though.
Right now I'm focusing on career options and improving life as a whole.

TLDR: To stay clean you just need good company and interesting physical hobbies.

Totally agree. Maybe get some weights, and get into fitness - this was very useful for me, although I didn't care about exercise, before I really got into it. Training can become a bit of an addiction, and I feel myself not wanting to undo the good work I've done. I started collecting remote control helicopters, with money I'd saved, and they've become a fun hobby. I know people always say get a hobby, etc. and I used to think it was a load of bollocks. World of Warcraft cut down my alcohol use, sometimes to zero, a few years ago. You wouldn't believe a game could replace a drug.

Fingers crossed Mugz posts in here!

Funny Mugz was just saying the same about you, who's on 6 different drugs tonight and out of it almost every night of the week. ;)

You wouldn't believe a game could replace a drug.

You're better off on the drugs I reckon. I know a guy who will play the game for 48hrs solid without leaving the computer (apart from the odd piss or drink).

Funny Mugz was just saying the same about you, who's on 6 different drugs tonight and out of it almost every night of the week. ;)

You're better off on the drugs I reckon. I know a guy who will play the game for 48hrs solid without leaving the computer (apart from the odd piss or drink).

blah blah blah

why did you delete the second bit?

Feels good man :D Though craving like a bitch...

I may have bought some codeine linctus last night...But it's not arriving until at least 08/08/12 so my minor relapse is delayed...Hope it sates the demon.

Lol, god knows when my inevitable relapse is gonna happen.

My master plan is to nurture my equilibrium and stick to psychedelics.

I must say I feel v stressed through not using. (but know full well there's no point in using. It won't get me anywhere).
An LSD trip + much sobriety can only do me good. Hopefully I'll ditch the nicotine too!

You're right, it is pretty fucking stressful actually. I get awful dreams about desperately using, usually involving me shoving as much drug into my body as possible before my mum walks in the room.

Complex, much?

Haha, I woke up @ 4am last night after an adrenaline fueled heart pumping nightmare.

Does make you feel a bit mental.
Learning how to deal with emotions with no chemical assistance needn't be hard tho.

*pictures self during hangover/comedown* "It isn't worth it".... Enjoy life. <3

I just feel bloody bored when I dont have the occasional drug. I miss innerspace and the strange alter reality I find there.

I'm happy to be off the Tramadol though. That was a bastard.

I hope you ran the nightmare monsters through with your cutlas Cornish.

Kicked fags yesterday, first attempt made for a hell of a withdrawal off them, other attempts have just ran into failing with NRT and buying another round of fags, don't even want one now and disgusted by the thought of them, pretty sure i've been hypnotised.

oh!! so well done!! Nicoteen is a bastard to kick... you've done something ginormous. You're breathing will start to get better, youll smell better, have better skin and more dough. Congrats!

I found nicotine a lot easier to kick than my 'recreationally needy' mindset.