• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The GHB/GBL Addiction & Withdrawal Thread v.2

should I try and space apart my doses as long as possible or should i lower my dosage from 1.0 to 0.1ml?
or should i stay on 1.0ml and just try and dose as far apart as possible?

doing both would obviously be pretty insane, im thinking.

Nope. Doing both is exactly the way to go imo. If you're already down to 1ml doses then the last bit should honestly be pretty painless. Personally I would suggest initially leaving longer between doses. How long the gaps need to be will obviously depend on your supply situation, but if you can get down to 1ml doses spaced a good couple hours apart you should be able to knock that down to 0.8ml, then 0.6ml and so forth.

The precise balance between dose and separation will vary but once you're in the 1ml and below zone (assuming 2h or so between dosing) it becomes largely psychological ime. In all honesty, once it gets to this point where you're tapering and stretching the time between doses together I usually just stop bothering to take any at all by around the 0.5ml/2h stage and have never noticed any ill-effect.

Apologies for slow response and best of luck - please keep us updated <3

Sorry can really help. The longest period I went using GBL for 24/7 (waking up every 2h to dosem roe to get sleep again), was two weeks, after that all the euphoria was gone, only the days first shot gave me euphoria after that it was like very drunk withoutanything good feeling, also I started to get extremly nasty nightmares every night. I quit it there could turkey. After that used it for once a month in partys, no problems, then stopped it for 5 years. Then I used it for 10 days for poppy pod tea WD's, worked greatly, second time used 5 days for pregabalin WD's worked greatly, until every time I dosed even just 1ml I got this extremly bad migraine, I would puke for hours. Stopped right there. BNowadays I can't stomach GBL pure without puking, can imagine how some people can drink it for years, why not to make GHB? It tastes shit, but lasts little longer and no extrem effect on stomach.

TO bad you cant get pregabalin, maybe gabapentin then? PRegabalin should help greatly with almost every WD. But if you take too long (depenting on person, 2wks to 1 month) you can get very extreme WD's, one time I was going to cut my throat because the pain in the body and mind was so terrible, in the par with poppy pod tea wd's, oxycodone wd's are very easy compared to pregabalin. So easing wd's with other drugs has some problems, you have to be very careful and most of all you can't be addicted to them at the same time.

I know people who are addicted to GBL will drink alcohol when they don't have GBL, seems to help them. Even alcohol is almost only drug that can help with something like pregabalin WD's, opioids don't do nothing with them.

But good luck. One roud, if you have money is to go to country where they sell anything under the counter, in many east-asian countries you can get baclofen, pregabalin, gabapentin, well almsot anything, except strongest opioids cheap and big amounts. Or if you are really tich you can go put yourself in to coma in Turkey for 1 week.

I've been on pregabalin for years now... max dose 600mg/day. I can go days without it no probs but I'm thinking of trying to stop alltogether as I don't feel a thing from it at any dose due to tollerance. If you have a few weeks off you feel it again...what do you think the WDs will be like if I stop completely for a few weeks?

I've been on pregabalin for years now... max dose 600mg/day. I can go days without it no probs but I'm thinking of trying to stop alltogether as I don't feel a thing from it at any dose due to tollerance. If you have a few weeks off you feel it again...what do you think the WDs will be like if I stop completely for a few weeks?

Well if you can go without 2 weeks of pregabalin, you seem to have some genetical differency that won't give any wd's from them, consider yourself lucky.

Well if you can go without 2 weeks of pregabalin, you seem to have some genetical differency that won't give any wd's from them, consider yourself lucky.

But I didn't say that... I said I can go a couple of DAYS and I was asking what the WDs would be like IF I went 2 weeks without them.

But I didn't say that... I said I can go a couple of DAYS and I was asking what the WDs would be like IF I went 2 weeks without them.

For me WD's start from 12 after last dose, fullblown after 24h from last dose, full burning sensation whole body, extreme restlessness, extreme insomnia, extreme sweating, like totally wet beth cloaths every 2 hours even when changing, extreme depression nothign to compare it to, extreme lack of energy, extreme anxiety, diarrhea, extreme hopelness. It's kind of worse than opium/pps/pp, but at least pregabalin wd's last only 1 week, but after that deprssion can last 6 months, you neeed ketamine or psychedelics to work it out. SSRI dont do shit. WD's are literally straight from hell, many hardcore heroin wd's guys say heroin is so much easier to go throught wds.

My riend told he knows guy who have been on 900mg/daily on pregabalin for 10 years and will die if stop could turkey.

Terrrible fucking WD's, but if it works it gave one of the best highs you can get, better than oxycodone if you havent done it for long time. It feels at the same time like GHB, oxycodone and etaqualone.

THo I dont know after 2 weeks, because after 4 month 2g/daily use these going to be extreme depression.

I'll never touch this shit again.

For me WD's start from 12 after last dose, fullblown after 24h from last dose, full burning sensation whole body, extreme restlessness, extreme insomnia, extreme sweating, like totally wet beth cloaths every 2 hours even when changing, extreme depression nothign to compare it to, extreme lack of energy, extreme anxiety, diarrhea, extreme hopelness. It's kind of worse than opium/pps/pp, but at least pregabalin wd's last only 1 week, but after that deprssion can last 6 months, you neeed ketamine or psychedelics to work it out. SSRI dont do shit. WD's are literally straight from hell, many hardcore heroin wd's guys say heroin is so much easier to go throught wds.

My riend told he knows guy who have been on 900mg/daily on pregabalin for 10 years and will die if stop could turkey.

Terrrible fucking WD's, but if it works it gave one of the best highs you can get, better than oxycodone if you havent done it for long time. It feels at the same time like GHB, oxycodone and etaqualone.

THo I dont know after 2 weeks, because after 4 month 2g/daily use these going to be extreme depression.

I'll never touch this shit again.

Yeah thanks for the reply bro, appreciate it!

Just wondered what I might have in-store for myself if I try it... given that I can go a few days without it and don't really feel much in terms of WDs I think it might be manageable for me.. you were saying you felt them at around the 12 hour mark, I certainly wouldn't feel any thing at that point...I might be one of the few like you say who lack a gene or something and just don't get withdrawls bad from this shit....

I'm gonna give it a try and we'll see what happens... I could really do with feeling it again as I've got some serious nerve pain that's not being managed properly with it at the minute...

Yeah thanks for the reply bro, appreciate it!

Just wondered what I might have in-store for myself if I try it... given that I can go a few days without it and don't really feel much in terms of WDs I think it might be manageable for me.. you were saying you felt them at around the 12 hour mark, I certainly wouldn't feel any thing at that point...I might be one of the few like you say who lack a gene or something and just don't get withdrawls bad from this shit....

I'm gonna give it a try and we'll see what happens... I could really do with feeling it again as I've got some serious nerve pain that's not being managed properly with it at the minute...

Yeah I don't think ou get bad WD's if after 12 hours from last dose you don't feel anything. In the otehr hand I rarely get any bad wd's from benzos, once I quit 6 months 1mg xanax daily habit, and only few chills thats all. I cant remember never getting much wd's from benzos except for insomnia for few days. But in the other hand I don't really enjoy them that much that I would use them years for high doses, longest was 6 months and was not bad, after that longest was 2 monthsa nd 2 days iunsomnia, after tha done something 2-3 weeks every day rather big doses but maybe little anxiety after that nothing else.

You hould try that 24h mark, thats when it all should start full blown, but for that you better have GHB, benzos, amphetamine, alcohol, opioids only if you never used it long periods of time, because you dont want wds after quitting pregabalin. Gabapentin shouldnt help because it works same way as pregabalin, phenibut also works same way. I'd say amphetamine and GHB works best, for sleep use quetiapine, and in the morning shot of GHB every 2 hours and line of speed every 3 hours till time to sleep shoukld go worst of the shit. IF you feel any kind of depression after that, you should try ketamine from doses 40mg /micodosing for 3 days), or two days 100mg, it made my depression much better, but I think I need one more 70mg session with it.

Yeah I don't think ou get bad WD's if after 12 hours from last dose you don't feel anything. In the otehr hand I rarely get any bad wd's from benzos, once I quit 6 months 1mg xanax daily habit, and only few chills thats all. I cant remember never getting much wd's from benzos except for insomnia for few days. But in the other hand I don't really enjoy them that much that I would use them years for high doses, longest was 6 months and was not bad, after that longest was 2 monthsa nd 2 days iunsomnia, after tha done something 2-3 weeks every day rather big doses but maybe little anxiety after that nothing else.

You hould try that 24h mark, thats when it all should start full blown, but for that you better have GHB, benzos, amphetamine, alcohol, opioids only if you never used it long periods of time, because you dont want wds after quitting pregabalin. Gabapentin shouldnt help because it works same way as pregabalin, phenibut also works same way. I'd say amphetamine and GHB works best, for sleep use quetiapine, and in the morning shot of GHB every 2 hours and line of speed every 3 hours till time to sleep shoukld go worst of the shit. IF you feel any kind of depression after that, you should try ketamine from doses 40mg /micodosing for 3 days), or two days 100mg, it made my depression much better, but I think I need one more 70mg session with it.

Yup, well past the 24 hour mark and feel nothing at all bro. IIRC after a day or so I tended to feel a bit out of sorts and anxious and my appetite vanishes but that's nothing too bad really... we'll keep going and see what happens.

I'm trying to get off my fentanyl (my doctor is reducing it but I'd like to cold turkey it by myself and save all the hassle) I had a great source for those Bensedin diazepam tablets but I've lost it so no access to any benzos... all I've got is access to large amounts of clonidine and pregabalin. I've found the pregab helpful when it comes to opiate withdrawls in the past but I'm at that stage where even if I took 3-4g of pregab., I still wouldn't feel it at all.. It's not even helping with my nerve pain anymore either. It's like that with pregabalin (as you probably know yourself) in that if you take it every day for months and months, even at "therapeutic" doses of 300 - 600mg per day, you very soon hit a tollerance wall where you feel nothing at ANY dose... The only answer is to have a break and come off it for a while. When you're getting it scripted at the max allowed level of 600mg/day, its easy to hit this plateau, so to speak.

I'm not interested in things like amphetamine, or GHB/GBL though, I tried GHB years ago when it was very easy to get if you mixed in fighting or weightlifting circles as it was used as a sleep aid and growth hormone releaser (seriously lol). I could get the liquid GHB or even the big 500g tubs of the pure raw powder for a tenner for 500g... it was that cheap, but I didn't like it. It made you fall unconscious and often piss yourself in your sleep due to it being a diuretic as well lol. Plus I hated that even when it got you to sleep you would get that rebound effect where you'd wake up after about 4 hours and need to dose again to get back to sleep...

I do have loads of baclofen tablets laying around which, if I'm not mistaken, work very similar to phenibut. But seriously though mate, if the WDs get too bad, I'll just go back on, I've got loads of them as a back up... Oh and I don't drink any alcohol whatsoever...

Well keep going and see what happens.. I'll update my progress in this thread and we'll see what happens... I'm currently about 27 or 28 hours in and feel absolutely fine up to now.

Thank you for your interest and your insight into this bro.

Last edited:
Yup, well past the 24 hour mark and feel nothing at all bro. IIRC after a day or so I tended to feel a bit out of sorts and anxious and my appetite vanishes but that's nothing too bad really... we'll keep going and see what happens.

I'm trying to get off my fentanyl (my doctor is reducing it but I'd like to cold turkey it by myself and save all the hassle) I had a great source for those Bensedin diazepam tablets but I've lost it so no access to any benzos... all I've got is access to large amounts of clonidine and pregabalin. I've found the pregab helpful when it comes to opiate withdrawls in the past but I'm at that stage where even if I took 3-4g of pregab., I still wouldn't feel it at all.. It's not even helping with my nerve pain anymore either. It's like that with pregabalin (as you probably know yourself) in that if you take it every day for months and months, even at "therapeutic" doses of 300 - 600mg per day, you very soon hit a tollerance wall where you feel nothing at ANY dose... The only answer is to have a break and come off it for a while. When you're getting it scripted at the max allowed level of 600mg/day, its easy to hit this plateau, so to speak.

I'm not interested in things like amphetamine, or GHB/GBL though, I tried GHB years ago when it was very easy to get if you mixed in fighting or weightlifting circles as it was used as a sleep aid and growth hormone releaser (seriously lol). I could get the liquid GHB or even the big 500g tubs of the pure raw powder for a tenner for 500g... it was that cheap, but I didn't like it. It made you fall unconscious and often piss yourself in your sleep due to it being a diuretic as well lol. Plus I hated that even when it got you to sleep you would get that rebound effect where you'd wake up after about 4 hours and need to dose again to get back to sleep...

I do have loads of baclofen tablets laying around which, if I'm not mistaken, work very similar to phenibut. But seriously though mate, if the WDs get too bad, I'll just go back on, I've got loads of them as a back up... Oh and I don't drink any alcohol whatsoever...

Well keep going and see what happens.. I'll update my progress in this thread and we'll see what happens... I'm currently about 27 or 28 hours in and feel absolutely fine up to now.

Thank you for your interest and your insight into this bro.

No problem. If after 24h still nothing serious, maybe you really just have genes that makes gabapinoids not causing any serious WD's, consider yourself lucky my friend. :) Genes really have serious effects how brains work on different drugs. And really you are not rarity, maybe 50% don't get serious WD's from it, other one get some bad that's its worse than opioids.

I have some kinds of alcoholic genes that makes alcohol feel like amphetamine or GHB, maybe that has link why I get wd's from pregabalin and you don't.

For me otherwise Ive never got addicted to amhpetamines in 15 years I've used in different periods, some people get extremly addicted that I can't understand at all. So Maybe that also have some link.

Last edited:
Try to get hold of some phenibut, it's a GABAb agonist, long duration of action.

One problem with GBL/GHB WD that makes it such a cunt, is the really short half-life of the stuff, withdrawal within a few hours at most after the last dose if physically dependent. Makes plasma levels really, really unstable, and you're guaranteed to withdraw repeatedly several times a night, possibly start seizing if you don't respond asap.

And the MASSIVE adrenergic storm that acute, heavy-duty G withdrawal causes...jesus fucking christ. Severe tachycardia and BP through the roof. Put me in hospital and the look on the docs faces was not encouraging when they were taking BP/heart rate. Potential for paranoid psychosis even, delirium, I remember part of it, and It'd caused me to go into full on fight or flight mode, and there was nowhere to go, voices of docs 'heard' saying the most unpleasant things about what was to be done to me, I'm thankful they eventually tranqued me with something, because I was ready to hurt someone if they came close. Just glad nobody was harmed other than myself, although I'd sooner that hadn't happened either.

Been a few rounds with GBL W/D, although that was the worst. Vaulting over a railway parapet, which I hadn't realized was anymore than a normal stone wall, into a fuckton of thorns, after getting (actually) chased by a load of pikey shitbags baying for blood, and having to drag my bruised and crunched-up arse up the embankment after hiding for some time, withdrawal getting worse and worse, while those bastards hunted, shouting and grunting and generally sounding like a turd with vocal cords and the cognitive capacity of a cow with end-stage BSE, that was NOT fun. It'd have been fucking shite if I'd been stone cold sober and healthy, but going into the start of GBL W/D on the way home, at night, with it getting worse...awful. Just awful. Pikey chavscum usually don't bother if one isn't an easy target, if they think there's a chance of getting their head kicked in, if the intended victim legs it and they realize that their prey is going to keep going, and leave them in the dirt, they often fuck off, unless they grossly outnumber their target then usually lazy, half-wit cowardly pieces of shite.

Well they still are, as a general principle. But that particular infestation was persistent, hunting for a target they knew to be around, close, but just couldn't find. (Probably not too obvious, someone vaulting over a railway parapet with a whopper of a drop, then crouching in the brambles and ballast stones that served as my unintended and thoroughly unwanted landing position, dressed in camo pants and camo coat, at night, by a pack of probably drunk as piss, definitely thick as dog shit in liquid helium arse-born whore's rejects)

Other times, still awful all round, but never that bad, wondering if I was going to stroke out before I lost the plot completely, in a hospital ward, smashed up and sliced to bits by thorns.

Although I had a friend devote her time to me, at a couple of other times, she let me 'sleep' over at her place, made sure I was in the room with her, using smaller and smaller amounts of G until it ran out, even though I had to plug the stuff, nursing me with beer and spirit. Pretty much only let me out of her sight to shit and piss.

Have had to do it on my own before, couple of times, not so severe as either of the above, but thankfully, whilst prescribed strong opioids (2xOC80s daily, at the time, changed to morphine and lower dose oxy for breakthrough later, as I prefer morphine), as well as anticonvulsant meds and had some lorazepam and nitrazepam around too, which of course, have anticonvulsant effects of their own, clonidine, and gabapentin, and a muscle relaxer, tizanidine, which along with the clonidine, was particularly helpful, as it works the same way (as clonidine), on alpha2 adrenoreceptors, lowering noradrenaline release, blocking a fair bit of that awful sympathetic storm G withdrawal causes.

And of course, went and got a fair stock of booze, few bottles extra opioid-based cough mixtures, whatever the strongest types I could find from the pharmacies on the way and way back to get the booze. Thought, not exactly clear-headed, but you know how it is in the throes of G withdrawal, 'desperation' is too mild a word, and I could care less about the interaction between alcohol and chlormethiazole at the time. Thought more or less 'if it hurries it the fuck up, at least it'll be over' during one really severe solo WD, although with meds, and some old baclofen, that I had been given a script for, before I was rx'd the tizanidine, because I found the baclofen fucking worthless for the muscle spasm in my calf.

Cold turkey is the absolute pits though, if booze and fags are all you have, it is one of the worst withdrawals I've ever experienced.

Only one worse, is barbiturate withdrawal, whilst in jail, cold turkey, from barbital. I had enough (originally got hold of 30g, free acid form) to taper, and I knew to do so. But happened to get banged up on remand for something. And went into SEVERE DTs, it's caused some permanent memory damage, and almost killed me at the time, so delirious for so long, I lost so much weight that by the time I came round and could SEE how much I'd lost, I don't think I'd have lasted much longer, and could well have starved to death.

Opiate WD, AND barb WD together....fucking christ. I was on the heminevrin too, although I'm not sure that contributed much of anything to WD, I've asked why in NSPD, and the denizens therein thought 'what the FUCK', how can I take it daily, and get away with dropping it for a week, if I have had to, without WD; the only issue being that the seizures that it is preventing, are no longer being held back, it hasn't caused me WD, (this, generally, I mean, otherwise just on regular meds, a benzo SOMETIMES, but only seldom, I control my use of benzos very strictly indeed, having been through a physical WD from lorazepam, and going into seizure in a GPs office, after I asked to come off it, and had tapered myself too rapidly, as well as dropping, with a less severe one, right close to the pharmacy to cash in the benzo rx given as a result. Never want to go through that again) so no tolerance or dependence to benzos, excluding that as a cause. Alcohol..I drink, but rarely. And usually not more than a few beers, which tends to get me pissed as a motherfucker, if I drink the equivalent amount in spirit.

Other than that combined barbiturate/opiate withdrawal, cold turkey (well they gave me a couple of 8/500 co-codamol a couple of days, probably just so they can say they did something on paper, the fucking bastards. Was on the medical wing, but just locked in a pad and left to rot.)

Nearly DID end up rotting, looking back on it. That, aside, GBL/GHB is the WORST.

IMO opiate WD, or even benzo WD has nothing on what G can unleash in terms of sheer unmitigated hell born as flesh.

Guys I need help. Managed to withdraw from 6 months of +1ml GBL per hour and am 'clean' 100 hours later thanks to withdrawing by myself (diaz, baclofen and some clonazolam for the worst part) . But i feel horrible and super depressed and French doctors don't know jack about GBL (trust me I know). My back hurts, head foggy, only time i feel normal is on hydro and don't know what to do. I'm running out of baclofen but only taking 30mg per day now. Not sure it changes much. Same for valium but for clonazolam i have lots as well as phenibut. How would you process? I have so much stuff to take care of on the other hand (gf hospitalized, working 70+ hours a week)
any regimen without the depression would be helpful. I've read all the threads but nothing specific please help much love ❤️

EDIT: I also have access to a strong anti depressant acting on reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine, as well as supposedly helping for GAD. I feel anxious all the time but don't want to fall into the trap of benzos...plus for some reason I've realized hydrocodone worked better than benzos (but stock running low and really don't want to be dependent on that either). Thinking about red kratom too. Or maybe I should just hack it but I've never experienced depression of some sort...

Last edited:
Hi.
So I see converting gbl to GHB is quite simple, but is it worth it. Anyone here much prefer GHB?

Thanks!

Both have their uses. GBL for fast come up and kick in, GHB for slowly building you up and getting you there. Both harsh on the insides though.

If I wanted a slow come up, would it.be exactly the same to dilute the GBL more than usual and drink it over say 30-45 mins, obviously keeping my eye on the time every time I finished my drink? Say 1ml in a cup of tea, and never drinking more than one cuppa every 90 mins?

I'm also not sure how people can take 1.5ml doses for fun, I just get sweaty and pass out...

I'm thimk my "G spot" is 0.6 to 0.8 every 90 mins, depending on how I'm feeling.

Is GHB less sedating?

Heres the deal.

I have been using GBL pretty regularly over the past year and a half. Normally I would use it on the weekends and basically for an entire weekend at a time. I would take workdays off and have never suffered from any WD symptoms after only using it for at weekend. Even after using it for 10 days straight at festivals would I have no WD symptoms afterwards.

Then, sometime during April this year, I had a traumatic personal experience that stupidly led me to spending 4 days straight dosing every 2-3 hours and going to sleep after every dose. (I was so depressed and traumatized that i basically just wanted to sleep constantly).

After those days I started having trouble sleeping even if I would only use G occasionally. Me being a fool then embarked on a summer of festivals, where I dosed alot. I didnt do it round the clock daily, but close. I had a day off here and there but definately drank too much for a period of 3 weeks.

I would like to add that even though i have definately been doing it too much and too often during the summer, I have never had any other WD symptoms than insomnia.
So gettin a bit embarrased about realizing how much G I had been doin over the summer, naturally I wanted to take a good break from it altogether and figured that my insomnia would disappear after a few weeks. But I havent touched G for more than a month now and it is still virtually impossible for me to sleep at night. On nights where i dont take either Xanax or Zopiclone, I am lucky to get any more than an hours sleep.

Have i somehow destroyed my GABA system completely or am I simply just taking longer time to recover from insomnia than most G users?

Any valuable insight would be greatly appreciated, as I am starting to get a little nervous for my ability to sleep long term!

Regards

Link to the thread: