• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

The GHB/GBL Addiction & Withdrawal Thread v.2

I've studied pharmacy for 4 semesters and I'm serious drug nerd. I know my stuff ;)

Just to clarify! Be careful with clomethiazol! It is a pharm of last resort, but a very good one and especially useful in g wd!

I relapsed a little today but gave away the bottle right after. I just can't pace myself and one addiction alone is plenty hard to keep up. Opiates, in my case.

...Have to get another glass of clomethiazol ...it is so hard to get and my guy has only 2 left

Figured it was better to say something given its potential to top people.

And glass of? I don't know how anyone could swallow it as a liquid. Its alright in small quantities, but only when the capsules open up after swallowing, but it tastes as funky as it smells. Not that I dislike the smell, it reminds me of what you might get if you brewed cider using ether to soak old apples, but that tendency to attack plastic is a nuisance, especially if your working up a synthesis and the base starts to volatilize. Easy to synth, if thats your speciality, bisulfite cleavage of thiamine (vitamin B1) followed by aqueous workup (the pyrimidine portion, that gets cleaved off is water soluble, and rather nasty, being a potent convulsant, acting via inhibition of GABA biosynthesis, due to its inhibiting the action or uptake of vitamin B6. But the methylthiazole-2-ethanol is much less soluble and crashes out, SOCl2 chlorination works a treat, and the decomposition products are conveniently gaseous. Workup being takeup of finished product in, ideally, methylene chloride, and vacuum distillation (tried it at atmospheric pressure once, never, ever again. It obviously is thermolabile, and can crack into something sulfurous that packs one hell of a stench. Also, watch it, it can also do something either identical, or form some other vile sulfurous metabolite with continued, heavy dosage over several days. It smells...well...like a low-mid weight thiol took a post-cheap-curry shit, and it CARRIES.

And by carries, I mean 'people will turn and quite literally run the other way down the street when you come within 100 yards' and that traces of the sulfurous stinker from trying to distill the base at 1atm, kept me out of the lab for several days until the stygian aroma faded. Got to be one of the vilest things that wasn't trying to kill me at the time that I've ever smelled, bar isocyanides and possibly pyridine. (not counting H2S, of course, as generally, it is less than friendly, and a downright sneaky murderous little bastard given the chance)

(not counting H2S, of course, as generally, it is less than friendly, and a downright sneaky murderous little bastard given the chance)

H2S brings back fond memories of qualitative analysis lol

I have relapsed by the way, decided to finish off the remaining 550mL and detox with pregabalin and clomethiazole

Haven't bought a bottle in ten years and only took the litre coz it was free so I am positive this will be the last relapse for another decade or so.

I did not assess my current dosing, but I do up to 2mL this time. Sticked to 1.5mL last time.

Hope the increase doesn't intensify the withdrawal symptoms by much.

Will do a rapid taper over 5 days, introduce the pregabalin, quit the G and force sleep the first G free nights with clomethiazole and heroin (of which I do 4 decent bags a day on top of my 1200mg of time release morphine sulfate anyways).

Will keep you updated and try to breathe some life back into this thread.

PS: Please be a grammar Nazi concerning my posts. I am non-native and want to keep improving my language skills.

H2S brings back fond memories of qualitative analysis lol

I have relapsed by the way, decided to finish off the remaining 550mL and detox with pregabalin and clomethiazole

Haven't bought a bottle in ten years and only took the litre coz it was free so I am positive this will be the last relapse for another decade or so.

I did not assess my current dosing, but I do up to 2mL this time. Sticked to 1.5mL last time.

Hope the increase doesn't intensify the withdrawal symptoms by much.

Will do a rapid taper over 5 days, introduce the pregabalin, quit the G and force sleep the first G free nights with clomethiazole and heroin (of which I do 4 decent bags a day on top of my 1200mg of time release morphine sulfate anyways).

Will keep you updated and try to breathe some life back into this thread.

PS: Please be a grammar Nazi concerning my posts. I am non-native and want to keep improving my language skills.

As a self confessed grammar Nazi, I'm pleased to inform you that your grammar is without fault. I don't know what your native language is, but you speak English a damn sight better than many English people, I can assure you.

Except it's "stuck to", not "sticked to".

Sorry, also a member of the grammar Gestapo.

Thank you very much F.U.B.A.R and axe_battler

I think I will give Baclofen a run for its money this time, too.

Figured Pregabalin, Baclofen and clomethiazole will make a nice threesome battling any withdrawal discomfort.

Chlormethiazole hits pretty motherfucking well hard. Just do NOT drink alcohol with it, and if you take GBL with it, expect the first time you combine the two to be also the last. Don't expect to wake up after. Plus, whilst benzos have flumazenil as an antidote, similar to how naloxone is used to reverse opioid OD emergencies, it doesn't do a damn thing in the case of a chlormethiazole OD. It binds the barbiturate recognition site at GABAa receptors, and acts similarly to barbiturates; the main difference being that barbs act also as antagonists of AMPA-type glutamate receptors, chlormethiazole doesn't.

But its damn strong stuff, and it has very little tolerance of people being disrespectful of it when using it. However it IS extremely effective, I take it as an antiseizure med, and I find it to be the best GABAergic of them all, in my experience. Not licensed here for seizure prophylaxis, but for whatever reason I managed to talk my GP into it. Very fast acting too. And works in many cases when benzos fail completely.

Just be real careful mixing it with opioids. It can be done, if one is opioid tolerant to begin with, I use it daily, with opioids and I am alright with it, but I was already a chronic pain patient on and tolerant to opiates. Otherwise, if chlormethiazole is to be mixed with opioids AT ALL,then one MUST start very low and slowly work up. Oh, and end up with a bag of gear cut with fent and chances are you are dead.

Are we checking spelling as well? It's "because" rather than "coz". =D

hello there,

i am wd'ing from 24/7 5month+ heavy gbl use, 15-20ml/day, but i also used 20-40ml/day. i plan to taper to 2-3ml/day then hop on phenibut. now, the question is, how much phenibut should i use? i only have 250mgx20 :D

anyways, do you have any idea when and how much phenibut i should use?

ive heard you should take it at certain times and in certain doses although ive always read of grams and i certainly *dont* have "grams". i have 5g (250x20). how long will that last me and is that even any help?

thank you in advance! %)

Bumped in an attempt to increase attention. I have no history of GB usage or any knowledge of these drugs beyond the absolute basics and would hope that someone somewhere has at least half an answer.

So I managed to kick but it went way different than planned. Could not afford the clomethiazole, just had Pregabalin, some benzos and beer.

I dragged it out way too long, mixing small doses every now and then with Pregabalin. What really fucked up my withdrawal was that I found about 300mg of methamphetamin and decided to smoke a little to brighten the mood.
The first hours were really nice but then terrible tremor set in. I could not hold the spoon over the flame to cook heroin up. Spilled it all over my table several times. Did repeat the mistake of using meth 3 days in a row until I finally poured the remaining 200mL GBL down the drain and just used Pregabalin and some alcohol.

I am pretty much clean now. Used a few times when I visited a frient who still has a lot of GHB and 14BDO, but never went 24/7. Just went through 20mL of 14BDO and noticed that if I had gone on for another day, I would have been hooked again.There was some lingering anxiety already.

I have a pretty bad episode of depression, procrastinating and not going to my job... Do not know if its related to the G withdrawal since I suffer bad depression for several years now, it just has not been that bad in a long time. I am in no way suicidal, but if I was, I guess this was the point where I did it. Never will though, not even try or give it much thought.

anyone know if 3g phenibut 2x day is ok for 20ml habit?

I've used pregabalin while on GBL, it similiar to phenibut so most likely it has same effects, it makes GBL stronger, I would be careful as too much taking together can make you very dizzy.

My main question is: how should the WD look? should I try and drink my GBL in as small shots as possible or should I concentrate on trying to last longer until I *need* to take a new dose?

ok, nevermind the phenibut, i tried it and it didnt work. it's supposed to take away ALL G w/d's bc it's a GABA-b agonist as well. It's made and sold in Russia. i dont have access to pregabalin unfortunately or anything else that can help me other than benzos.

I've been using 24/7 since May. The only way to quit for me is to taper until there is nothing left, because ive been through 3-methylfentanyl (equal to carfentanyl) WD's for 1.5+ yrs when i was abusing it daily (its the only opiate on the streets thats available over here) and i've been on benzos for over 14yrs, every day. right now my benzo tolerance isn't very high at all.

the 'best' thing about all this is the fact that I *have* to succeed because I don't have anymore G left and the place I was buying it from will only deliver to businesses and not private customers from 01-01-19 which means MANY people will be SOOOO fucked it's hard to believe.
We're the lucky ones who buy it straight from the source and get a month+ notice that this will take place but lets think about the other 99% who get their GBL from the person who made the original order. unless you talk to him (almost) on the daily, there's no way you'll hear about it until the shit hits the fan and your pants from acute W/D diarrhea. not shitting you, either.

I dont even want to think about G WD's bc the worst i've felt is waking up from a Goma (G-coma. its idiotic, i know) from dosing a lil much or just tired bc I didn't sleep properly for more than 3 months, meaning not in my bed and not at usual time periods. I would just be handling biz, sipping ~2ml every 1.5-3hrs. Basically, I slept whenever my body and/or mind we're too tired from operating and i passed out on the couch or behind the PC and sleep 4hrs MAX, usually 1-3hrs. at first i felt SOO fresh after waking etc. but i soon understood that was just bc i GBL was still working on me and I had deep sleep on it.
By now, there is 0.10% euphoria, no matter how much i drink (i black out, vomit and feel like death for an hour after being passed out for a few hours, thats it. and i've been using for a little over 6 months! can't believe people can use it for years, and it still offers them something, meaning they get high from it. for me it removes feeling cold af and the depression, thats it. i dont get any sleep from it any more and i've never used diff. doses as in one for daily and one for nighttime use bc when I started using, it was 24/7 from the get-go so sleep took a 2nd place this summer for me.

once again - the info that would be MOST helpful to me right now would be: how should I withdraw from GBL?
should I try and drink my GBL in as small shots as possible or should I concentrate on trying to last longer until I *need* to take a new dose?

i've been using 1ml regularly and not a ml more for a while now. which option would make this withdrawal as harmless as possible. i'm willing to taper slower and take more time to not have to suffer as hard because i have mad anxiety and depression for 20yrs+ anyways.

should I try and space apart my doses as long as possible or should i lower my dosage from 1.0 to 0.1ml?
or should i stay on 1.0ml and just try and dose as far apart as possible?

doing both would obviously be pretty insane, im thinking.

i have access to benzodiazepines, nothing else. thats why i'm thinking of tapering until there is nothing left (0.1ml) and then even tapering that little droplet.

thank You in advance for any and all suggestions, experiences and knowledge on this matter.
i have very little G left so this is of utmost importance to me that I succeed with the taper.