• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Injecting SUBOXONE

Because "it makes a little go a long way".

But I agree that, in the context of suboxone specifically, it does seem kind of dumb. Suboxone is supposed to get you AWAY from bad habits like intravenous drug use, and shooting them up seems kind of counterproductive towards that end.

Yes. It isn't at all good for you, but if your an addict and your into IV, after awhile you start thinking about it. Then you just do it. Then you cant stop. At least that's how it went with me injecting subs, but again I do subutex, which doesn't have all of that coloring, flavoring, and other shit most suboxone pills have. And the strips! If I had those I don't think I would want to IV them, they are a lot worse for you to IV than the pills from what I have heard. Even with a micron filter. I would never recommend any one do this, all I am saying is I do this with subutex, and cant stop because just a little dose done that way, feels amazing to me, but if I took the same dose another way like its supposed to be taken, I wouldn't get the same effect at all. Plus I am just addicted to IV in general so that is another reason I do it. Anyone thinking of doing this with any pill/strip form of bupe, I would highly recommend not going through with it. You wont want to take them any other way again, if your anything like me.. Just plug it, its almost as good as IV and isn't at all harmful.

Shooting sub strips does work yet I do not condone it simply because of the long term health issues. From personal experience I can tell you if you have any tolerance at all to opiates you will recieve no buzz/high what so ever but it will work for withdraws and much faster. Now if you have a low tolerance to opiates the 1 mg ived will give you a buzz and makes some puke, witnessed with my own two eyes. The one thing to remember when take suboxone this way is less is MORE! Never do more then 2 mg at a time and alway use 50 units plus to dilute. Oh and always wait a minimum of 24 hours or more after your last full opiate use or else you will be in a world of hurt for a good 15 minute, again im speaking for experience. Imagen your worst withdrawal and then times that by 50!!! You will feel like your going to die but i issure you this is not the case, ofcourse afterward your withdrawals will subside. Needles start everyone down a dark lonely road, i recommend not to use them for any reason.

Taking buprenorphin now, just went thru the 24hr withdrawal so no precipitated withdrawal. Now can I take these 2mg tablets to get high by snorting or slamming them? Like 3 at a time or something? Got a high tolerance, used to smoke 8 ball of tar in a day, day 1/2. Just wanted to see the high from buprenorphin.... If any. Just asking for a direct answer, I know it's bad n blah blah, I'm on it to get off finally but just wanted to try once. Thanks.

If you have a high tolerance to full agonists, buprenorphine isn't going to be great for getting high. It will be very useful to keep you well and functional though.

Trying to use higher doses of buprenorphine via intranasal, IV or rectal isn't going to be more likely to get you high. You may feel it a bit more, but it will be mighty disappointing if you're trying to get high from it like you would heroin.

That's not even mentioning all the risks with injection.

TBH the desire to get high one last time before getting off opioids tends not to work out too well ;)

Thanks toothpaste! Agreed, I haven't tried to go full on IV with it and I don't think I will cuz I'm sure it will just be disappointing. Was wanting that last high before kicking it but I guess ive had plenty of those, lol. Anyway thanks again n glad there is a place like this to talk n be real about things.

Just my own experience re intravenous injecting of pills: Please don't! After slamming or trying to slam pretty much every opiate, barbiturate, benzo, and amphetamine in existence between 1971 and 1997, I have lasting health effects that will eventually end my life. Pills are the worst. When I began IV use, I got as badly hooked on the needle and the ritual as I became did the drugs. Early on, I tried every pill I thought would get me high. Some were great and sorta safe, like the Dilaudid and morphine shakers. Most, on the other hand, either couldn't be dissolved in water or could be, but were really dangerous. One of my friends lost a foot to a barbiturate abcess.

Later on, I got seriously into injecting Ritalin. I've been told that the powder that makes up the filler collects in your liver, your lungs, and behind your eyes. The eyes are for real, as a friend of mine lost one of his by the capillaries all getting blocked by filler, making him blind in one eye. For me, it was the lungs. It took years, but I developed pulmonary fibrosis from accumulations of powder either in or attached to the outside of my lungs. It's listed as of unknown origin, as they don't take biopsies any more of things like that. They're too invasive and it doesn't much matter what caused the problem since it's not treatable or curable. So I suppose there's a slight possibility it could be from some other cause, but I doubt it. You don't inject something full of powder for 15 or so years, without a micron filter or even doing a good job of filtering it through cotton, without negative consequences. The damage is done and can't be undone.

I also have emphysema from smoking and cirrhosis from hepatitis C (The hep C was cured with the new treatment, but the damage there, just like with my lungs, is permanent.) I never expected to live this long. Junkies die. They don't make it to Social Security age, which I did this year. So when I was doing all those things that everyone--even other junkies--warned me against, it made absolutely no difference to me. I knew I was going to die; of an overdose, or murder, or suicide, or a car wreck while I was wasted--the ways we die from the things we do are never-ending. I still don't know why I'm alive while all of my friends, husbands, and crime partners are long since dead. But the fact remains that I am, and I'm no longer self-destructive. I can't wish away all the damage that I've done to myself over the years; all I can do is tell others who are doing the same things how it turned out for me. Namaste~

But like I said I've Been injecting sub for a pretty long time now, and I haven't had any adverse effects at all.
I'm gonna check back in with you in the year 2041 and see what you have to say about it then. Lol, welcome to BL :)

don't shoot suboxone

Do not shoot suboxone I've been in hospital for a week and almost lost my arm

I shot subs for three years, both pills and strips. Today I am left with maybe one or two usable veins. Everything went fine for those three years until one day when I felt a throbbing and pulsing feeling in my neck. This then turned into more of a burning pain, hard to describe. Every time I would shoot sub it would get worse. Right when I would release my tie I would feel the throbbing pain immediately. This pain has eased after quitting shooting subs for the past month. Be careful guys. I consider myself very lucky. This could have been a stroke or something much worse had I been unlucky.

I felt this pain constantly, every day for a month straight. I would also feel it in my temple, shoulder, back, back of my head. Yesterday was the first day that I have been pain free.

I don't understand why anyone would want to IV subs..this doesn't add any advantages or benefits, does it? I mean the only thing I can think of is your body will absorb more of it but what's the point if it works taking it sublingual? Or does it give you some sort of buzz or high? Ive never gotten high from subs (been getting them for over a year) but I know one friend of mine who did, but he was an idiot (not for saying he got high, just in general an idiot). If you are IVing it to get a buzz or get high you might as well just do dope, I'm sure it will get u much higher.

IVing subs is going backwards in my opinion. If you been clean and are trying to stay clean, pulling out the needles that use to get U high will eventually lead to shooting up other stuff.

^[this is the only thing that make any sense in this thred.

Actually tried and tested iv'd 8mg suboxone strip with 2mg naloxone

Mass minority? Naloxone is an opioid inverse agonist. It's commonly known as Narcan. It's used to cancel out the effects of opiates and opiods and will send any addict or anyone on opiod maintenance into instant withdrawal and will cause a non addict who might have overdosed to return to normal.

Suboxone when injected will cause you to go into withdrawal. Subutex however, will not. I think you are confusing the two.
I dont know man I've been researching a lot lately on iv'ing subuxone and it seems to go about 50/50 with both sides presenting reasonable data and common sense based on what I know about drugs and about the human body.

So I finally decided to Guinea pig it out and took about 1/8 of a 8/2 subuxone strip. To clarify that's 8mg bupe and 2 mg naloxone in an orange strip, not a pill. It was definitely a good hit when administering but honestly I felt nothing either way. No precipitated withdrawals no warm fuzzy good feeling. I smoke and take benzos but other than that I have been clean a couple weeks so nothing to interfere with it except I took half the strip sublingualy about 12 hours ago so? But I definitely wouldn't go through the trouble of sticking myself again unless I highly upped the dose which is a risk I'm loathe to take based on what iv'e heard about p.w. and that agony with no cure. But tried and tested iv subuxone did not give me p.w. or a high. Waste of time.

Its my first time here so sorry for the way I wrote my thing. Again Dont do it if your suboxone has naloxone in it. The pills have this in it. It will send you into heavy withdrawal. It is there so people Dont inject.

I know this is old - but this just isn't correct.

Either you have an opioid/opiate dependence in which case Bupe itself will send you into PWD. Or you don't - in which case the Bupe has a higher binding affinity than Naloxone. The Naloxone in Suboxone is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. I've seen loads of people inject it and they only ever report the Bupe as being felt.

I just shot 4mg Suboxone, 1/2 of an 8mg tablet. I did not get a rush like opiates give instantly but a few minutes later I feel a strong sense of relaxation. This is the third day shooting them. The first two days I was doing it too fast. Like a whole tablet in one day, 1/2 a tablet twice a day and wasn't feeling any thing at all. At least I wasn't sick. Today I waited 20 hours since last dose. I feel it like I said but it's not a high. Just a relaxing feeling better than taking it sublingual.

I just shot 4mg Suboxone, 1/2 of an 8mg tablet. I did not get a rush like opiates give instantly but a few minutes later I feel a strong sense of relaxation. This is the third day shooting them. The first two days I was doing it too fast. Like a whole tablet in one day, 1/2 a tablet twice a day and wasn't feeling any thing at all. At least I wasn't sick. Today I waited 20 hours since last dose. I feel it like I said but it's not a high. Just a relaxing feeling better than taking it sublingual.

4mg is way too high of a dose man. 1mg and I bet you feel the same effects.