• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Injecting SUBOXONE

THE_REAL_OBLIVION, I can appreciate your desire to experiment with different methods of administration, but your desire to get high is disconcerting. If you want to get high still why not get back on a full agonist? Bupe is for those looking to leave the 'get high' scene and transition into a sense of normalcy without experiencing withdrawal. You'll be quite disappointed if you are attempting to do more than that.

I understand your point, let me explain. I don't want to get trashed and nodding etc. I miss the mood improvement methadone gave me, BUT I just read a lot about how bupe after a while works greatly for people who can't enjoy life (people who don't react well to regular antideps and even ECT) who had their shithead made able to feel pleasure from regular things. Also, click on my posting history and see why I can't take methadone anymore...the switched was imposed on me due to it fucking my endocrine system bad (ever had to shoot testosterone because of opiates...no eh?, well I am right now once a week, and the appnt with the endocrinologist for the cortisol deficiency it caused is taking forever for even them to give me news

You gotta account for the fact that its been 2 years now (1 of shooting up dillies, another of methadone) I gotta be able to re-adjust myself...which I never really was, thank you psychedelics :D Joking aside, I'm going to give the sub a chance, I just find it even more restraining than methadone in some ways, unlike in america, suboxone works the same fucking way as methadone here as it is so new, no sub doctors, no 30 day supply, and i'm still having to nag them to get my 6th and last by phone since 2 now etc., the process isn't life changing so far, also I can't take another opiate right now...which I find more insulting than the liquid handcuffs.. I'm stuck at 5 takehomes since 2 months, last month the doc was like, i'll give you your priviledge when you switch!, then he didn't, I also had to tell him to put the code so the government insurance would pay for it...being treated like just another number makes one want to get high indeed. The other kinds of stuff i like to do are not solitary masturbatory things like opiate use..

Last edited:
the switched was imposed on me due to it fucking my endocrine system bad (ever had to shoot testosterone because of opiates...no eh?, well I am right now once a week, and the appnt with the endocrinologist for the cortisol deficiency it caused is taking forever for even them to give me news

I got bad news, lol. Suboxone was one of the harshest drugs I have ever taken when it came to my adrenal glands. It wrecked me in terms of testosterone production. Not only that but my cortisol levels were off the charts at times when they weren't supposed to be - think 2AM. I have been taking Rhodiola and some other adrenal support medication to get function back. YMMV but negative endocrinological effects are not limited to methadone.

I got bad news, lol. Suboxone was one of the harshest drugs I have ever taken when it came to my adrenal glands. It wrecked me in terms of testosterone production. Not only that but my cortisol levels were off the charts at times when they weren't supposed to be - think 2AM. I have been taking Rhodiola and some other adrenal support medication to get function back. YMMV but negative endocrinological effects are not limited to methadone.

Well I might continue the testosterone shots and take oral cortisone in whatever form whenever I finally meet the endocrinilogist. I've read many studies comparing the 2, the most convincing one I had brought to my methadone doctor and she was liek hold on "I know all about suboxone being a lot less of a problem when it comes to testosterone. I have no gauge for cortisol because this problem hasn't been solved yet. But thanks for the info...

Plasma Testosterone and Sexual Function in Men Receiving Buprenorphine Maintenance for Opioid Dependence

Niclaas Bliesener, Susanne Albrecht, Andra Schwager, Klaus Weckbecker, Dirk Lichtermann and Dietrich Klingmller

Department of Clinical Biochemistry (N.B., A.S., D.K.), Division of Endocrinology; Department of Psychiatry (S.A., D.L.), and Caf Ersatz Methadone Maintenance Clinic (S.A., D.L.), University of Bonn, 53105 Bonn, Germany; and General Practitioner (K.W.), Bad Honnef, Germany

Address all correspondence and requests for reprints to: Dr. Niclaas Bliesener, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Division of Endocrinology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany. E-mail: [email protected].

High-dose methadone is well known to cause testosterone deficiency and sexual dysfunction in opioid-dependent men. Buprenorphine is a new drug for the pharmacotherapy of opioid dependence. Its influence on the gonadal axis has not been investigated to date. We therefore assayed testosterone, free testosterone, estradiol, SHBG, LH, FSH, and prolactin in 17 men treated with buprenorphine. Thirty-seven men treated with high-dose methadone and 51 healthy blood donors served as controls. Sexual function and depression were assessed using a self-rating sexual function questionnaire and the Beck Depression Inventory. Patients treated with buprenorphine had a significantly higher testosterone level [5.1 1.2 ng/ml (17.7 4.2 nmol/liter) vs. 2.8 1.2 ng/ml (9.7 4.2 nmol/liter); P < 0.0001] and a significantly lower frequency of sexual dysfunction (P < 0.0001) compared with patients treated with methadone. The testosterone level of buprenorphine-treated patients did not differ from that of healthy controls. In conclusion, we demonstrated for the first time that buprenorphine, in contrast with high-dose methadone, seems not to suppress plasma testosterone in heroin-addicted men. To this effect, buprenorphine was less frequently related to sexual side effects. Buprenorphine might therefore be favored in the treatment of opioid dependence to prevent patients from the clinical consequences of methadone-induced hypogonadism.

I can't find the direct source for now, my search results lead to a post here quoting this relevant part lol.

Interesting, I think you're doing the right thing regardless due to there being a much higher percentage rate of success when it comes to ultimately stopping opiate dependence.

^ Indeed, myself included. As of now I've been on Suboxone for 10 months and when I was starting the maintenance, my doctor said it'd last at least 1.5 yrs. Well, right now I don't know if I ever will be able to just get off it as long as I can get legally and it does more good than bad after all. I tried tapering down below 2mg a few times already, but it's too early for me to do this more drastically. Last year I was through terrible PAWS after methadone taper-down, it was so bad that I think I wouldn't make it if I were to go through a similar nightmare any time soon.

I've never injected Suboxone, but I'm not really sure if naloxone effects couldn't be felt to an extent that it could make the experience not worth opening the bloodstream. Even at 2mg/0.5mg dose I can feel naloxone effects in my gastrointestinal tract after sublingual dosing. So I can imagine one would sweat and possibly get some headache first, and then agonistic effects from buprenorphine.

Yup yup, I have SteriFilts, these things are great.

I've used the Sterifits since they came out, amazing product, works really well for oycontin and other pills with talc in, but not so well for suboxone and other sublingual tablets, as particles under 0.22 still remain, so if you're going to continue to inject suboxone try and find some 0.1 filters, harder to find and more expensive, but worth it.

We have an entire thread currently active right now about IV'ing suboxone...

Please use the search engine or at least look at the main page before creating new threads please..

--->Merged

Sorry I posted that second post in the wrong thread, I shall delete it now.

i did search like this site:bluelight.ru suboxone IV and it wouldn't get anywhere like that.

Anyway, anybody have a word of warning regarding tagamet and or benzos here about bupe . I was allowed to stay on valium no problem with methadone and it even made me need less methadone which was good, thank you psychiatrist. Anyways, I hear about how cimetidine, which I'm not sure if it is part of the 3A4 induction or inhibition....is tagamet a bad thing if it boosts the availability of norbupe like I just read about. Wish I did before I wasted my dad yesterday trying to IV bupe in small quantities to be able to get the norbupe which is a full blown mu agonist but also apprently quite fucking dangerous.

Is cimetidine part of that of that list ? Cos now I'm really not sure I want any norbupe : this post / thread is causing confusion http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/342726-norbuprenorphine?p=5362994&viewfull=1#post5362994

edit: btw, about the testosterone....bupe def relieved me of one problem...i wake up with a pitched tent........didnt happen in years lol..I'm gonna continue giving myself shots of the scripted testosterone once a week though, until i haven't seen the endocrinologist (who is taking her sweet time even though the Men's Health Doctor I saw before that started the whole procedure to help me out has made everything urgent in my case (low cortisol can be scary....see addison's crisis)... I can't be sure of anything yet.

Last edited:
QUOTE=rallynug;10697585]Ok firstly I'm not sure what the deal is with the mega threads, I would think this belongs there really but dont know whether i need to start there or it gets added...

Either way I have been trawling through this and other sites for well over 2hrs now and still am not getting the answers I need, hopefully someone can help :)

I am taking suboxone sublingual and would like some safe advice on IVing it. I have heard so much info but it all ends up contradicting itself!

Please can someone give me the do's and dont's so I dont end up cacking this up, areas of interest are:

a) preparing solution for injecting

b) dosage (for someone who is taking it as a maintenance dose)

c) any other sensible must knows...[/QUOTE]

IF your suboxone has naloxone in it, the pills, dont iv it. You will go into heavy withdrawls. Immediately.

Its my first time here so sorry for the way I wrote my thing. Again Dont do it if your suboxone has naloxone in it. The pills have this in it. It will send you into heavy withdrawal. It is there so people Dont inject.

Mass minority? Naloxone is an opioid inverse agonist. It's commonly known as Narcan. It's used to cancel out the effects of opiates and opiods and will send any addict or anyone on opiod maintenance into instant withdrawal and will cause a non addict who might have overdosed to return to normal.

Suboxone when injected will cause you to go into withdrawal. Subutex however, will not. I think you are confusing the two.

I know this thread is crazy old, but UGH. I hate how so many people are misinformed on this. The Narcan in Suboxon strips doesn't do anything at all, it's all the Bupe.

The binding affinity of Narcan does not increase if you inject it as opposed to letting it dissolve like you're meant to. Bupe has a stronger affinity than Narcan, this is the case regardless of how it's administered. I know it's odd, but the Narcan literally does nothing, it's entirely irrelevant. The only time Suboxon will cause Precip WD is if you're opiate receptors are already occupied by a full-agnost opioid.

Injecting Suboxon strips/pill with Narcan does not cause precip withdrawals if you're already steady on it. Nor will it get you high unless you're naive.

It's sadly disturbing how many people on the internet feel inclined to answer questions that they don't actually know the answer to or give advice when they are actually ignorant on the subject. I don't get it.

The idea is that it's there so people don't inject but it doesn't actually work out that way. Narcan cannot knock Bupe off the receptors, it's the other way around.

Last edited:
hey

I'm high as fuck right now after IVing a 4mg strip of Suboxone. I'm screwed until Wednesday cause I can't get to the doc until then. This 4mg was 1/2 of my normal dose and I have been on suboxone for about 2 months. I haven taken shit since Monday(its now Friday afternoon). and felt sick but now I feel great i really hate opiates!!!!

Ok firstly I'm not sure what the deal is with the mega threads, I would think this belongs there really but dont know whether i need to start there or it gets added...

Either way I have been trawling through this and other sites for well over 2hrs now and still am not getting the answers I need, hopefully someone can help :)

I am taking suboxone sublingual and would like some safe advice on IVing it. I have heard so much info but it all ends up contradicting itself!

Please can someone give me the do's and dont's so I dont end up cacking this up, areas of interest are:

a) preparing solution for injecting

b) dosage (for someone who is taking it as a maintenance dose)

c) any other sensible must knows...

But its pretty simple. Cut the 8mg strips into 4 2mg squares and then drop into a syringe with water in into. Don''t heat just let it dissolve. Then find a good vein and inject it all in. Its weird cause i know there's narcan in it but i was never a dope addict to begin with. I haven't shot heroin in years. besides that narcan only effects for an hour at the most then is out of your body. If you were at a hospital with an OD they would have to keep redosing you on narcan or setup an IV drip. But one dose does not block out the burpenorphine which has a half life of like 30 hours.

^thats not true, because orally buprenorphine is pretty inactive as well, unless you're refering to sublingual use. The fact is that the naloxone has a lower affinity to opiate receptors than buprenorphine does, meaning the bupe always beats the naloxone. BUPE is what causes precipitated withdrawals, not the naloxone in suboxone.

Just ask yourself. Why would it be fine to sniff suboxone but not inject it?? Naloxone comes in forms that are administered nasally.

The other day, my cat injected 8 mg of subutext, which has no naloxone, within 24 hours of using heroin, and he went into immediate WD. Not debilitating, but definitely not euphoric. So I'm pretty sure my cat would tell you bupenorphine has agonist properties.

The pill contents of the Suboxone in Canada are made on purpose to hurt you physically to shoot it. So sure it will "work", but you'll destroy your veins (and things deeper) if you shoot them up, the mr.clean taste is not there randomly, it's so acidic that not the best microns or SteriFilts will make your solution with a pH close to normal water at all.

I hate suboxone.. I shoot my subutex though, and that is still not a good ROA to get into with bupe, but it feels a hell of a lot better that way, I can't lie and it actually has very similar effects of a full agonist sometimes IME. It ranges from a strong opioid like feeling to pretty much just feeling well depending on how much you do and how often you do it. I keep my doses low like 1 to 2mg max at a time, and try to space them out, because the longer you wait between shots of bupe, the better it feels for sure. The other day I went all day with nothing and began feeling sick as shit from the bupe by that evening, because I ran out of my script too early but when I got a refill that same night... WOW. the feeling of pleasure, happiness, wellness, and over all in general was just so good. I went in seconds from feeling like I had the flu to feeling incredibly great! like any other opioid would make me feel. Call me crazy, but sometimes I feel like subutex is very similar feeling to something like oxycododne(at least a low dose of it), and get very similar effects from the bupe... They are both derived from the same thing, which is thebaine so I guess that could be why. I know a lot of people say they feel nada from subs even done IV, but I always feel something from them, and usually something nice... but really only at doses less than 2mg, because of the whole less is more theory subs have and how your getting more of the norbuprenorphine, which is a full agonist opioid that bupe converts into when taken at low doses.

And also, I wouldn't want to IV the strips if I had them, because I have heard that they are way worse on your veins than the pills, and especially subutex, which is no doubt the best form of bupe to IV if your going to IV it, next to of course buprenex injectable liquid bupe! If I had to go back to the strips, I might be able to convince my self to start plugging again. But I really wouldn't recommend any one IV bupe, besides buprenex of course, which is meant to be ived. I only traded one addiction for another by beginning to IV my subs, wish I just stuck to plugging them, that works super good too.

I'd rather shoot the strips than the pills.

It's not recommended that anyone shoot any medication that doesn't come in an IV-ready form, though. (But that should go without saying.)

Dear god why would you shoot up suboxone. Posts like this is why bluelight gets a bad wrap...