• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kratom Addiction/ Need Help After Withdrawals Are Over

Hey all,
I have not read all your posts but can empathise with you all from what I have read. Long story short, I was taking kratom everyday for 3 years and quit while having to walk across northern Spain for a month (Camino de Santiago) I couldn't hack it so I started buying codeine in every village that had a pharmacy to cope with this shit. Anyway I'm off kratom 3 years now and I could never get it again because it was banned here in 2010. I had to come off the codeine when I came home and I swear that loperamide(as stupid as it sounds) saved any hardcore withdrawal and as I tapered that I am free form addiction for 2 years. All I can say is that it's so fucking worth it to get off kratom. I swear it was harder to ct off than codeine and before I did quit I was having fucked up depressing episodes that were all down to the leaf. Panic attacks were all down to the types of strains I was taking prior to quitting, I had been taking extracts and they are hardy. I turned into a kind of exercise freak, I eat smoothies every day and walk miles for exercise and get a familiar feeling of satisfaction from exercise sometimes that I did from kratom. I was not a social character on kratom, I am wayyy more social now and am actually interested in stuff. Kratom (if abused) kills compassion and turns you in on yourself, all you will want is comfort. I think it is a gift for those of us who don't abuse and can actually enjoy it but I just liked it too much and totally abused it essentially ruining it for myself. Anyway I wish I could show you how good it is on the other side sometimes and the kratom cloud will rob stuff from you, ye you will be comfortable but you won't have a real experience.
good luck!

scooze me lady but I think I came in mid-conversation. You ended up taking what, some kratom?

Si senor! I found a kratom pill under my car seat and I took it. About a gram, no big deal. Still going strong :) I felt very "alive" today even though very tired from running around and studying and not getting 8 hours of sleep, but I'll take it. Chills/sweats were minimal today. I thought I was having sweats due to w/d but looked around the classroom and everybody was fanning themselves. Think the AC broke. It was 82 today, disgusting.

I'm super glad you're feeling good. Your comment about your pup reminded me a lot of the end of the book by Anthony Kiedis, "Scar Tissue". Not sure if you ever read it, but it's excellent, it's about forming the Chili Peppers band and doing drugs and then getting off. Highly recommend!

Hey all,
I have not read all your posts but can empathise with you all from what I have read. Long story short, I was taking kratom everyday for 3 years and quit while having to walk across northern Spain for a month (Camino de Santiago) I couldn't hack it so I started buying codeine in every village that had a pharmacy to cope with this shit. Anyway I'm off kratom 3 years now and I could never get it again because it was banned here in 2010. I had to come off the codeine when I came home and I swear that loperamide(as stupid as it sounds) saved any hardcore withdrawal and as I tapered that I am free form addiction for 2 years. All I can say is that it's so fucking worth it to get off kratom. I swear it was harder to ct off than codeine and before I did quit I was having fucked up depressing episodes that were all down to the leaf. Panic attacks were all down to the types of strains I was taking prior to quitting, I had been taking extracts and they are hardy. I turned into a kind of exercise freak, I eat smoothies every day and walk miles for exercise and get a familiar feeling of satisfaction from exercise sometimes that I did from kratom. I was not a social character on kratom, I am wayyy more social now and am actually interested in stuff. Kratom (if abused) kills compassion and turns you in on yourself, all you will want is comfort. I think it is a gift for those of us who don't abuse and can actually enjoy it but I just liked it too much and totally abused it essentially ruining it for myself. Anyway I wish I could show you how good it is on the other side sometimes and the kratom cloud will rob stuff from you, ye you will be comfortable but you won't have a real experience.
good luck!

Hi there! Did you write about this on bluelight? If so, it was one of the first things I read on here. Congratulations on your sobriety! That's freaking awesome, keep up the good work. It's really inspiring.

I took the loperamide as well this time. I was addicted to real painkillers (mainly vicodin, but I'd take anything so long as it wasn't codeine, I'm allergic). I found my first time quitting kratom (I mean, really quitting after months of use, not stopping after 1 week), it was freaking awful. I had diarrhea for about 2 weeks, and then I just gave in and went back. This time was way easier, for some reason. No stomach problems, really. I wrote a very long, rather annoying post about how great I was feeling and all of the stuff I did to make the quitting easier..

Hi everyone. I hope everyone is doing well.

I've hit a wall, so to speak. The withdrawals are worse than ever. The other night I got 7 hours of sleep, but after that, I've been waking up early and only getting about 5 hours, if that. It's getting super annoying. On top of it, I'm sneezing constantly, eyes running, stomach problems, headache, having stomach cramps, back pain, even my tailbone is killing me (I injured it at work a few weeks ago). I worked today and was so miserable. I really wanted to die. It's like, when I'm on any type of opiate, painkillers or kratom, I want to be off of it. Then when I'm finally off of it, all I want to be on it. It's ridiculous. I was so excited thinking that the withdrawals weren't that bad this time, I can finally get on with my life, and then it somehow got worse. I entertained the thought of getting it for a little while, but talked myself out of it. I really hope it gets better. I feel like I'm going to be stuck this way forever, though I know deep-down that isn't true. I just wish I had a timetable; if I knew in say, one week, I'd be out of the woods, I'd hold on. But what if this drags on for weeks? Someone help please :(

Hi everyone. I hope everyone is doing well.

I've hit a wall, so to speak. The withdrawals are worse than ever. The other night I got 7 hours of sleep, but after that, I've been waking up early and only getting about 5 hours, if that. It's getting super annoying. On top of it, I'm sneezing constantly, eyes running, stomach problems, headache, having stomach cramps, back pain, even my tailbone is killing me (I injured it at work a few weeks ago). I worked today and was so miserable. I really wanted to die. It's like, when I'm on any type of opiate, painkillers or kratom, I want to be off of it. Then when I'm finally off of it, all I want to be on it. It's ridiculous. I was so excited thinking that the withdrawals weren't that bad this time, I can finally get on with my life, and then it somehow got worse. I entertained the thought of getting it for a little while, but talked myself out of it. I really hope it gets better. I feel like I'm going to be stuck this way forever, though I know deep-down that isn't true. I just wish I had a timetable; if I knew in say, one week, I'd be out of the woods, I'd hold on. But what if this drags on for weeks? Someone help please :(

Oh, and can't forget the sweating and chills. That's been happening since before I even quit, so it feels like years. It's Day 12, minus my "1 gram" experiment.

I have used these forums for about 3 years to help me through an opiate addiction and to answer all my questions about certain subtances. I have learned everything I need to know about kratom, exept one thing, how long does it take to become physically dependent? I am enjoying Kratom alot and I dont want to have another "addiction". Can anyone share how long they were on kratom before dependency occured? How hard was it to stop? Right now I compare kratom to coffee in my life, is it more dangerous than I think?

I have used these forums for about 3 years to help me through an opiate addiction and to answer all my questions about certain subtances. I have learned everything I need to know about kratom, exept one thing, how long does it take to become physically dependent? I am enjoying Kratom alot and I dont want to have another "addiction". Can anyone share how long they were on kratom before dependency occured? How hard was it to stop? Right now I compare kratom to coffee in my life, is it more dangerous than I think?

There's no specific timeframe.. I used it also for opiate addiction and then it became my new addiction. It depends on the person. Read this entire thread to get a feel for what some of us went through. I have a friend who takes 15-20 grams per day, but b/c he does it all at once he is never physically addicted. He likes to get really messed up for a little while, whereas I use opiates to function in daily life and not be "high" and no one is the wiser, but that causes me to be more addicted than him.

So, do you do it daily, or several times per day? Are you using the regular kind or the stronger ones, and so forth..

If you have an "addictive personality" and aren't addicted yet, I'd stay away. However, it is not "dangerous" in a sense. I don't know what kind of opiates you were on before (obviously constantly shooting up heroin is more dangerous than occasionally taking codeine or something), but you can't OD on kratom, you're not going to get arrested over it, and so forth. But addictions in general can be dangerous, mentally more so than anything.

I am not sure if this thread is closed, I haven't checked it b/c I didn't get a response from 1/12, so feel free to PM me and tell me a little more. Take care.

Im new and not sure how to PM so I sent a friend request. I am a daily user at this point. When I run out I do not feel that I NEED it but I have chronic pain and nothing else works (besides opiates) so I usually take it through out the day to manage my pain. I do have an addictive personality, and that is why I am concerned. I use probably 20 grams a day max. I try to stay away from extracts because they are more expensive and less effective in my opinion.

Hello, first timer here but wanted to add my 2cents. I just recently quit a 3 year daily kratom habit. I had been tapering and planning to quit for some time now. I had gotten down from 5 grams 4 to 5 times daily to just 2 grams 4 to 5 times daily. I had actually planned on tapering more when I had an unexpected day off from work on Friday Feb 15th and figured why not try and use this opportunity to kick and just see how it goes. It had been years since I had gone even 24 hours without and I had a lot of fear about how this was going to go. The first few days were tough, all the classic symptoms.....chills, depression, anxiety, stomach pain, RLS. I had built up a "withdrawal kit" for the day that was bound to come eventually and it sure did come in handy. I used Xuan Xia (google it, very effective), black seed oil, loperamide, melatonin, nyquil, and some fine ground kava powder that ironically I got from the same local herb shop where I originally was introduced to kratom. After 5 days I was feeling much better. And then on day 7 I rationalized a research experiment where I took 4 grams, all I can really say is that it was disappointing. It was nice for about an hour but nowhere near what I would have thought it would have been after a 7 day tolerance reset. And then after an hour it just sort of faded into nothing. The next day I felt like crap. That has been my only slip so far, it's been 9 days since then. This biggest problem I'm having at the moment is the fantasy that I will someday be able to come back to kratom and use it responsibly. I know that isn't going to happen but damn its a tenacious little fantasy that doesn't want to go away. I still have my stash, probably a kilo and a half of assorted strains, and that fantasy is the only thing preventing me from throwing it out. Although I know that I'm going to have to if I want to be free of this dependency. And it DOES feel good to be free of it. For 3 years now I've lived life feeling like there's a timer counting down on my sanity at all times because it was so dependent on Kratom to do anything. The most shameful thing about this was that its been a secret. My wife still doesn't know, that was a big part of my wanting to break free from it because it was only a matter of time before it got exposed. Every time she would call my heart would skip a beat as I thought "Oh crap she came across my kratom stash and this is the conversation I've been dreading". I used to go to AA and what helped motivate me was I finally broke down and came clean with an old AA friend that I had enough trust in to be honest with.

Anyway, I'm doing better now. I'm having moments of exhilaration here and there, music is incredible to listen to, I'm eating without having to worry about it interferring with my kratom dosing, and I can't believe I got free of it at last. This forum has been a big boost for me to read through occasionally and get some inspiration from so I had to go ahead and join/post. I'm still having a hard time getting going in the mornings so I have a feeling that I'm not out of the woods just yet but damn I want to hang in there. Thanks everyone for being here, it can be easy to justify kratom dependence as a low-level issue that isn't very severe and it may be for some people but some of us just can't handle it very well.

Hello and wishing a very good day to everyone here !

My name is adam and i am a kratom dependency . I need help because of some reason i din't manage to success quit kratom .
I can tell that i am having a problem with self-confident , where i weak .

First let me tell you how i get started , at first kratom always a wonder drug it helps me in my chills , nervous , confident , energy and motivation .

When i started taking kratom the first 2 month , it regain myself together . I felt like i am very energetic and hyperactive . Then i start to study about kratom in the internet , my conclusion that it is maybe a good opiate like drug but when prolonged used it may cause side effect .

Then i started to quit for month , but soon . I got the nightmare dealer , who keep calling me , and texting me he gave me a promotion price . I refused to take at first , but when there is nothing else to do with that evening , i decide to buy .

Then i forget about the effect of kratom , the duration i am taking it , the dosage . Until that one day , i decide to drink 4-6 times per day . After a while , its already 1 year addiction .

Now , i getting really hard for me stop , because when i delayed my dose even for 30minutes i can already feels the withdrawal symptom . I am a heavy drinker now . I need to stop , i din't feels good anymore while on it , just feel normal and if i don't take it feels that i have mental problem . Like sad , scare , feelsnot real .

I am really regret on what happen . I wish i could make a better choice . But life goes on . And i struggle to stop . Every single day i would think about how lucky i am if i would be normal back . I did try to lowering the dosage but is it not working because of my psychology i would think this is the last day , last day ... But none of that day i finally stop .

Right now also i experience some difficulty of thought , thinking , solution , and when i try to it gets my brain to receive unusual pain . That would make me feel dizzy and anxiety .

Thats all i think , please do respond . How do i get out all of this ?

Last edited:
^^ You have built up tolerance. Start cutting your doses in half for next 2 weeks or so.

If that doesnt work try buying "kratom stem & vein" powder online. It doesnt get you high, but beats WD symptoms for many people

Yup , i think i already built a big tolerance ! Buying those thing , that's not gonna happen .

You know what , last night i quit drinking it at 8pm till 9am today . All i can do is sleep , its only 12 hour .

I am 22 by the way . My parents suggest me to go rehab . At this place :

http://pengasih.org/

In that place , it's help you with addiction and the best part is the workers , president , founder , is used to be a drug addict .

Wow, this thread has really motivated me to go ahead with my kratom "reduction" plan! Podsnomo, your posts are golden. Thank you for all your help.

My story:

I quit pods after a 4-year daily habit in late 2011 (longest withdrawal EVER) and was off all opiates for a good 8 months. I felt something was missing, especially in my social life which is where pods helped me most. So I tried kratom. Found it a suitable replacement. Eventually moved to daily use of about 2 grams. (Small habit by most standards, but withdrawals are just as bad as pods or Percocet for me...only shorter).

Long story short, my health is worse on kratom than it has ever been. I feel like my liver is overloaded and have developed ovarian cysts in the past few months. I've gained 15 lbs in less than a month and have new stretchmarks all over from the rapid weight gain. The pain in my lower back and abdomen is severe most days. Still not sure what's causing it but the kratom is at least coincidentally related.

Right now I'm dosing from the time I wake up sporadically throughout the day. I plan to cut back to dosing every other day only in the evenings. I felt my best when I used every other day, which is similar to how I used pods. Maybe eventually I could cut back to just weekends or social situations.

All I know is that withdrawals--even at this low level--are like a 5-day panic attack laced with severe depression. The feeling of "impending doom" is too much to bear, and I usually end up fighting with my s/o or trying to harm myself (not seriously). The reduction is going to be gradual, which will hopefully ease the mental symptoms a bit. I have small amounts of weed, etizolam and loperamide on hand if things get rough.

Not sure why I'm sharing this, but maybe it will further motivate me to go through with it. Thanks for listening!

And for anyone doubting the severity of kratom withdrawal: it's real. At least for some of us. For me it is indistinguishable from other small opiate habits I've kicked before.

Last edited:
Loperamide was recommended several times to help with withdrawals...where would I get that? When I google I get the usual plethora of online pharmacy sites & I never know which are safe to use. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

^ Loperamide is the main/only ingredient in Imodium, which is found over-the-counter in most grocery/convenience stores and pharmacies.

Good question beatit. If you are sure you can keep it to just the weekends, then you have more control than I. I tried that many times. Never worked for me, and I'd caution against it.

As far as how long you should wait, I'd suggest 30 days of feeling good without it. I'd also urge you to leave open the option of not going back to it just for the weekends, that is, not going back at all. IME, you can do this without causing serious withdrawals, though you'll get some minor ones. Worse, IMO, is that you'll reignite your cravings every time. Right now, I hazard to guess, that your desire to use on the weekends in the future is because of your obsession to feel that good feeling again. Totally normal. And I'd be the last one to judge you for it. But if you try to just use on the weekends you will, likely, torture yourself during the week with the psychological cravings. Stronger men than I have succumbed to these and gone back to their old habits, and usually worse upon the return to the habit.

Kudos on the good run and eating better. I'm so out of shape, and a cig smoker, so 40-60 pushups over the course of an afternoon is all I can do, but it's better than nothing.

IF you go back to using once on a weekend here and there, be very careful. You get that Kratom in your hands, you take a dose, you feel good, then it wears off...again, and you think "ah what the hell, 2 doses is no biggie, then no more till next weekend". Then, some withdrawals, probably minor, and they remind of the worse ones you just went through. The panic of doing that again, and you just want to stave it off for now. "OK, just dose now and feel OK now, then worry about later later." Then, poof. The habit's back.

That's what I've done anyway. And I know of tons of guys who have done the same. Wouldn't you like to live a nice happy life and be pleased by the things that please normal, sober people? I would, and that's where I'm trying to get to. Once we've had a habit though, we have some feel-shitty to go through to pay for all the feel-good we had. I'm trying to spread out the feel shitty. I got off of pods, from what I've read that's a lot tougher than Kratom. But now I'm tapering Kratom, so I know that ain't no easy road either.

You might be able to handle the weekend only thing, I don't know you at all. But I know addicts, and IF you are one...well you can't turn a pickle back into a cucumber. If you wanna try it, I wish you the best. For now, just take it as it comes, day at a time, and see if you can do 30 days without. You might be feeling so good then you won't want to chance going back to your habit, and you can spend that cash on something more lasting than a buzz. Do what you will. My main advice is be kind to yourself, and leave that option open of not going back to using ever. You may find it to be better.

Love and peace,
pods-no-more

Excellent advise!!!!

Hey, first of all I want to say a massive thank you to all of the BL community here. I have been reading these forums for over a decade and finally decided I should sign up to share my experiences with Kratom. I have had some amazing advice from people here regardless of not being a member, so thank you to those who have helped me out immensely without even knowing it!!

A little background on me, i've been using standard Kratom refined leaf for about 7 years straight now. I originally started using it to fight against fatigue, depression and anxiety as I had a very high stress job back then. So when I found about this miracle herb called Kratom, I had to give it a try as I heard so many testimonies from people singing it's praises. I won't go into my other drug use here as I don't think it's entirely relevant to my testimony at this point. I want to share my experience in the hope that it will help others as I have been heavily dependant on this substance for a very long time, and now, I am nearly completely free of it's grip. I'll explain more later :)

Originally when I first started using, I started my Kratom doses very low. I was mainly using Premium Green Vein Indonesian Kratom as well as the odd UEI extracts at weekends when I wanted to get really high. This was back in 2006 or so. I have always used the 'toss & wash' (TnW) method with ice cold water followed by a super hot sweet coffee. That was always my routine when taking Kratom. Every day before I left for work at 6:30am, I would TnW 3.5 grams. This would keep me feeling energised, content, motivated, happy & even a bit buzzing until around 10am. I would then come home from work around 7pm and take another 4 grams TnW, this buzz would be as strong as the morning one & last me until around 10pm, which is when I would eat dinner then go to sleep an hour later. And this routine continued for around a year.

I think it was because of my weekly Friday & Saturday night doses of 2 grams UEI extract each time, that my tolerance began to heavily increase. After a couple of months of this, I had to increase my morning dosages during the week up to 7 grams before work & 7 grams after work to get the same effects as before. To cut a long story short, this increase in dosages kept on going until I was taking 12-18grams in the morning & 12-18grams after work and lasted around 5 years or so. At the latter stages of my addiction, I was easily taking between 25-40 grams per day in total, which is when I had to acknowledge I had a real addiction that had gotten out of control.

I tried to quit on my own and that is when I realized how serious this substance was. In my ignorance, I rationalised it in my mind that this substance was just like caffeine as it was apart of the coffee family, I was wrong. In hindsight, I was just trying to rationalize it's use as I loved it so much. The withdrawal symptoms were horrific. I tried to taper down but due to all the stresses of work, I kept on upping my dosages again so I could manage. When I cut my net daily dosage down from 30grams per day to 15grams per day, I really felt it. Hot and cold flashes, cold night sweats, anxiety, depression, fatigue, insomnia, no energy or motivation, stomach/digestive problems and a general malaise. It was then I thought I've got a serious addiction here, time for a strict taper schedule to be put in place.

So I then began, I stopped using all UEI extracts first of all then I limited my morning and evening dosages to 5grams twice a day. I then kept dropping my dosages down by 0.1grams for each dose twice a day, so day 1 was 4.9grams twice daily, day 2 was 4.8grams twice daily etc etc. I have now tapered my dosages down severely with zero withdrawal effects now! I now only take 2.5grams in the morning and take 8 tiny doses throughout the day of 0.25grams each, so my daily Kratom intake is now only 4.5grams, and I am still continuing to lower my morning dose by 0.1grams every day. So at this rate, I hope to be completely Kratom free within another month or two at the most.

So, as long as you can discipline yourself with dosing and tapering, it is 100% possible to get yourself off of this substance relatively pain free. The key I have found, is to overcome the psychological aspect of the addiction first. So to do this, I instead split my dosages into as small an amount as possible. And taking 0.25grams every hour is negligible, as it really doesn't give me any affect, just satisfies the psychological craving, not physical . Just keeps all withdrawal symptoms at bay from my experience.

I have since left my high stress job and now work for myself from home, which has definitely aided me in quitting the Kratom. I hope others can learn from my experience and use a similar taper schedule to stop taking Kratom, just go as slow as you need so you don't feel the emotional and physical withdrawal symptoms. Now I just smoke cannabis and have the odd drink now and again, that is all I need these days.

I hope and pray Kratom remains legal and available for all who need and want it as with responsible use, it is an amazingly beneficial plant. It is especially great for those dependant on opiates as I have had friends who have used Kratom and a similar taper schedule to mine to get them completely clean. No subutex or suboxone needed, just a strong desire to change and get clean. Happy to offer any advice if anyone needs it as I have been through all the highs and lows of this 7 year love affair with Kratom.

Peace.

re kratom187,
big congrats on being done w kratom.
I took it at the tail end of my heroin addiction and yes it helped.
however,like you i had to INCREASE the dose like crazy.
this is the main reason opiates suck as medicine.the tolerance.

peace to you too,I'm also on MMJ,became a stoner after my hard drug addiction.
I just realized I've grown into a stoner.lol.

Wow man, (kratom 187), 7 years with that leaf. That's a long time. I know it's been about a year for me. I quit drinking and got "sober" about 2 years ago. Then I started using pods and after a while that pod addiction went sky-high. I finally got obsessed with getting free of pods, and did a long-term taper schedule like you are doing with the kratom. The kratom, I started using it just as hit the end of my pod taper and used for about 4 months thereafter. I finally came clean, again, with my AA group and my gf. Then after about a month or 2 of being free and clean I decided a little kratom would be no biggie. That was about 8 months ago and now I'm on day 4 of no kratom.

I had a lot of quits in there, some after a few days, some after a few weeks of daily kratom use. They seemed easier. This is one was pretty tough though because I went about 3 months or so using everyday. I have the quits to be easier and easier. Maybe it's my experience, I don't know.

This quit started with the flu! I had been going crazy, slipping back into drinking some, using kratom every day. And I just wanted out again, but I hadn't hit that bottom, or critical mass, or whatever in order to actually quit. And getting the flu, it was like God, or the universe or something just put its thumb on me and said, "STOP."

I used during the first two days of the flu, or tried. Couldn't keep it down. So I had flu symptoms and WDs. Yeehaw. Now on my fourth day it's pretty easy. I've been using a bit of DXM which is helping with the RLS at night. That combined with sleepytime extra tea. (The kind with valerian root). I make two cups, each with 2 tea bags, and let them steep for like 15-20 minutes. I drink those down and sleep pretty well so far. Only had one night of extreme sleep deprivation, for which I drank, and it made shit worse.

Anyway, my experience with kratom quits is that they're not as hard as you think they're gonna be. If you can get a long weekend, and make your last day of work be the first day without, then that day will be bearable. Then you can go through the worst of it on the 3 days of the weekend. Come Monday, or Tuesday if you get the flu too, you should be ready to get back to life with only some irritating but by no means debilitating WD symptoms.

For anyone wanting to quit kratom out there, use loperamide when (if) you get the runs. Don't use it if you don't need it. Use benzos OR alcohol with extreme caution and moderation, and ONLY for the first week. DXM has worked well for me in relieving some the electric-leg/RLS symptoms. And you may have no appetite, so nutrition drinks like ensure or their store-brand counter parts can be very helpful in getting you protein, calories and vitamins while you don't feel like eating.

Watch light, funny stuff on TV. You'll find that even in moderate WDs you'll be laughing again. You may surprise yourself. And if you're like me, you need a spiritual solution. If you wanna know more about my take on that, PM me or post here. I'll be checking back in as I can.

love to all,
pnm

Thank you thedawn and podsnomo :)

I agree that our tolerance can increase very rapidly, it was only when I started taking the UEI my tolerance to the standard Kratom leaf sky rocketed severely. If I never took any UEI, I think my dosages would have remained pretty level but I could be wrong. It was always the strong craving for me to increase the strength and duration of the Kratom buzz that made me say "oh another gram won't hurt me" and I kept doing that until I was taking up to 18grams in a single dose! 1 gram might not have hurt me on it's own, but it did make me highly dependant on the stuff over a longer period of time. Thats great you have beaten heroin with the help of Kratom! When it is used to beat more serious opiates like H and opium, it is an amazing substance, much better than buprenorphine which I also used to take after I was on painkillers after an operation, and withdrawing from that was hellish for me - similar to the Kratom withdrawals I faced but different.

Lol at becoming a stoner :) I've pretty much always been one myself and I use it to make me sleep more peacefully, from my experience there is no other medication out there that helps to beat my insomnia (which i've had since my teens until this very day) as well as marijuana does.

Lol podsnomo, yeah 7 years has gone so fast while on the Kratom :) One thing I will give praise to is that it helped me beat my cigarette addiction a few years ago. I used to smoke 20-30 cigs a day for nearly 14 years and I found the combination of Kratom and Nicotine replacement gum helped me beat that addiction too. Wow well done man, sounds like your situation is very similar to mine! I also met a new girl a few months back and she is helping me out so much with her support, kindness and just being there for me. Having a supportive partner is definitely key imho. Without going all religious, I also now understand the power of God and his ability to change our hearts and desires, he certainly has for me and I never used to believe.

Haha i've had the exact same thoughts as you! I said to myself a couple of weeks ago that using Kratom on weekends would be no big deal for me, but I know for me personally, that weekend use would slip back into my daily life again. So now i've accepted I will never feel that Kratom high ever again, which amazingly doesn't really scare me. I think it's because i've felt the extreme lows of this addiction and the thoughts of going through that again negate my desire to use. I really want to change and not be dependant on anything anymore, as my whole adult life I have always been taking something. I guess I view marijuana as more of a medicine than a drug, as that is the one thing I will continue to use as it is such an amazing sleep aid for me.

Reading how you came to quit again sounds like God communicating to you for sure! Sometimes we have to hit that low before we truly realize what we need to do. A similar thing happened to me about a year ago, except for me it was my Kratom deliveries going 'missing' and that pushed me into harsh withdrawals. I believe that happened for a very good reason so I could understand how dependant I really was and i'm glad that happened now as it taught me a critical lesson.

Yep now I take Valerian root tea myself and smoke a joint before bed time and thats all I need for a good nights rest now. I've never tried DXM before but I will keep that in mind if I need it when coming off the Kratom completely. I've noticed I am really feeling the decrease in dosages these past few days, I guess my body is still adjusting after being dependant on this substance for so many years. I think i'm gonna stay on 4.5g total daily dose for a few more days, then slowly drop it by 0.1g again so I can manage it. Lol it sounds like such a tiny dose but I can really feel not taking it! This is the best taper I have ever done and i'm still very shocked i've managed to stick at it.

Thank you for all of your advice and for sharing your experience with me and others looking to beat this substance. You are 100% correct about needing a spiritual solution! This was my key reason to change and I now know what I need to do. Prayer and meditation is helping me immensely, without those I don't think I would have been so committed to stick to my taper schedule. You have given some amazing advice here, especially about benzo's, alcohol and nutrition. I used to take Etizolam a lot, at least 10-15mg per day when I was still on big doses of Kratom, but I have now reduced that to 2mg per day maximum and I'm also tapering that alongside the Kratom.

Thanks again man, peace and love to all of you. There is always a solution to our problems, the key is identifying what they are and putting it into action.