• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(25C-NBOMe/1 tab+mj+alcohol) - First time - Inner confrontation & flight from fear

missing_one

Bluelighter
(25?NBOMe/1 tab+mj+alcohol) - First time - Inner confrontation & flight from fear

Backstory: In a foreign country (with death-level drug laws, no less), an associate acquired a supply of a 25 something in the NBOMe series, which we decided to test out. It's the first real RC I have knowingly tried, though previously I have tried LSD, K, MDMA (probably MD*), various stimulants, opiates, etc. This simple report skipping personal details was written the subsequent evening in the airport hotel that I wound up fleeing to in fear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T - 8-0h = :) Light drinking (say, 4 or 5 cans of beer over 8 hours), some marijuana use, socializing.
T + 0 = :) Took one tab at midnight. Friend explains that unlike LSD, it's possible to sleep on this drug.
T + 0:15-30m = :| Felt beginnings of a strange shift in perception.
T + 1-2h = :| Generally pleasant. Strange shifts in depth perception, fascination with shadow movement, slight change in balance. Some concern that my friend, the only other present who had consumed the drug, did not appear to be experiencing the drug's effects to the same level. Alternately lying, standing, walking, stretching. Discovery that electronic music from headphones produced significant change in mental state. :) Discovery that during these initial stages I was able to snap back to relative sobriety as well as to enhance the pleasant shifts in perception at will... something I have not experienced with other drugs. :D A little more weed. Suddenly it begins to rain, we are on a covered roof, lying back on the couch I joyously savour the motion of the rain-stirred air against my face. Closing my eyes, the odd tiny splash of a fragmented raindrop from the nearby wall impacts that skin and I sink in to the nature of this massage with the sound of the tropical downpour. :)
T + 3-4h = Friend seeks to sleep, possibly having had more alcohol than me prior. I head back to sleep but wind up focusing on peripheral audio, hearing real and perhaps unreal voices, fostering paranoia. :! I am unable to sleep, contrary to expectation, and alone with my fears. 8o
T + 4-6h = :( I encounter a strange denizen of the building, a squat-like house, which signals the motion of my trip toward complete fear and irrationality. The denizen is real and had been seen on previous evenings, but is just such a weird creature that it breaks my hold on reality. :? The denizen is an ethnic south Indian gangster pimp with multiple gay floozies with which he barks commands and longwinded verbal diatribes frequently. They seem under his control and I reason they are likely drugged. I realise that the building is full of poor people: travelers, drug addicts, probable prostitutes. Some of them have been here for a long time. I begin to fear that I am being drugged, robbed and trapped. :! People go to sleep, and I clean the roof as a form of meditative time killing whilst I realise that I still cannot sleep. I walk to my room and notice for the first time that the outside of the door can be bolted while I am inside. Someone has added a watercolor painting to the outside with a veiled muslim woman's face and eyes. :X I try to sleep: stand and sit, turn and wonder. I feel unsafe. I do not wish to stay here, this place feels wrong. The voices are still with me. Everywhere. It's peripheral audio, it's also unreal audio. I lie but hear friends from other countries. They are in conversation. They talk to me. They laugh at me. We can communicate in the mind. They laugh as if I have only just discovered this, but others have done this for eons prior. 8o I begin to sense the need to run. I cannot sleep. I pack my bag. Suspecting I am being drugged, 8( I dispense of my toiletries - soap, etc. before fleeing. I leave a large wad of cash on the counter with my room key and escape to the street, which feels hostile. 8o It is not yet dawn, and the homeless are all out. I discard my only pair of jeans on the street for them, as it would not fit in my bag. I push on trying to hail a taxi, but must walk a long way to find one. Many people on the street look at me. :( Walking past a bus stop, some awake homeless people who look like junkies :sus: say something negative, to which I merely bow respectfully. I reach a taxi and ask the driver to take me to the airport. He clarifies, demands a set fee, I round it out higher and ask him to just please drive. 8( In the car, I begin to fret. :! Have they put something in my belongings? There was a time that my window was not locked and I fear that there may be drugs in those bags. It is the death penalty here. 8o If I turn up to the airport in this state I will definitely be searched. Perhaps I should call a consulate and ask for assistance? No, I should not. Yes, I should. Which consulate? So many countries. I fear the taxi driver is going in circles. The ride is long, and the tropical clouds that define the skyscape seem to hang in a perpetual dawn. :| We stop to turn on to a new road. I manage to doze to relative sleep but am jolted awake by a squeak, the tiny squeak of the driver's seat as the taxi lurches back to motion runs through my body and I jump suddenly and completely as if burned by hot oil. 8oThe driver dumps me on the wrong floor of a hotel, impossible to enter. I walk about in a daze for a time, finally entering by walking up to an automotive entrance. Arriving in the lobby, I realise I am dressed in a cheap straw hat, flip-flops and an oversized shirt, with multi-day stubble, probably maddened eyes, the odour of an all night binge, clutching a book about the American National Security Agency (NSA). 8( I stumble to the counter to request a room. The three female counter staff seem to hesitate. I realise it's the room service counter or something, abort waiting for a response and go to the alternative next door instead. The suited self-important drone issues some fee verbally without denominating its currency. I hand him a well used credit card from one country. The drone requests a passport. I hear an unreal extension of his voice asking me to choose carefully. I extract one of a few passports from my bag, issued by another country, and hand it to him. He checks it matches the card name, works slowly and does not give feedback. Soon I wonder if they are calling the police. I ask if there is a problem, they are just slow. 8) Finally I am able to get my key. I make for the lift, make for the floor, make for the room right at the end of the wing.
T + 6-9h: Try to sleep. Shower. Try to sleep. Drink water. Drink water. Brush teeth. Try to sleep. Can't sleep. Toss and turn.
T + 9-19h: Sleep.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal takeaways: For me this is in no way a social drug. I found it a very interesting substance, since it seemed to open many of the same doors as LSD but with what I perceived as a much lower 'unwanted body-weight' quotient - ie. you don't really feel cracked out at all afterward, just tired - and for the really strange experience I had being able to consciously and reliably command and tune my perceptions toward and away from those of sober reality both immediately and at will. Obviously, my trip went bad because of the unknowns and eccentricities of the environment I was in, and with hindsight I was probably asking for it. It seems that my sober mind tolerates pretty high levels of eccentricity, whereas my subconscious constantly questions regardless and can become fixated on and unsettled by the same. Weed perhaps was also not a positive contributor to the equation.

Recommendations: I would be exceptionally careful about environment when taking this substance. While everyone is different, I would recommend a private setting with music under your control and a limited number of close associates, since uncontrolled environments may drastically alter your experience. I would not recommend taking this substance alone, and have no plans to take it again myself.

Last edited:
I loved this trip report! Thank you for writing it up.

I know exactly what you mean about your tolerance for absurdity when sober being peeled away by drugs. I am sure I would have done the same thing you did and fled for the airport. I've also seen too many episodes of Locked Up Abroad and I would have probably ditched my bags in a paranoid state!

I really loved your descriptions though, especially of your attire and physical state when you arrived at the airport.

Anyone who has a life interesting enough that they have multiple passports and random credit cards, not to mention shacks up in squat houses, *needs* to be writing more trip reports!

Great read thanks for the report. Shame we won't ever know WHICH nmbome compound you took, but interesting nonetheless.

And in a country with death sentence drug raps no less! Brilliant.

I think your setting was terrible! In a cool, relaxed environment things could have been very different. India is psychedelic enough in itself! Nice report.

While I have a fair amount of experience with 25?-NBOMe substances, I've never thought to do them in a place where I could be legally killed for possessing them. I congratulate you for your safe exit from a daunting situation.