• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Provigil vs. Nuvigil?

RorerQuaalude714

Bluelighter
Hi all. I currently take 100 mg of modafinil (Provigil, Alertec) to combat drowsiness caused by my bupe, clonazepam and other meds and for anti-depressant purposes. I've noticed that Nuvigil has hit the market and I'm asking anyone who's been on either what the main differences are between the two (subjective effects, side effects, etc). Are they more or less the same or is Nuvigil an improvement over Provigil? Any info would be great!

I got a script from my doctor once for provigil (while looking for alternatives to stimulants) for ADD, I took it for a week or two and didn't notice anything. A few of my friends have mentioned it being a miracle drug and great for recreation 8)
I sure do remember how expensive the pills were! I'm sorry this isn't answering your question in any way, but I was just wondering what effects it has on you? I've never met anyone else who takes it.

I personally find that it has a mood-boosting stimulant effect but I personally never found it to be recreational. I think it's great for working a long day when you need to be in a good mood. Now mind you, I used to be on Dexedrine before this, and modafinil is like a cup of coffee compared to Dexedrine ;).

How well does modafinil work for what it's prescribed for? No need to fix what ain't broke, I'm not saying you shouldn't ask about your other options, I would too, just food for thought.

Lol, tricomb, my doctors all say the exact same thing whenever I ask to try out the newest meds on the market :D .

The modafinil works exceptionally well. I mean, not as well as Dexedrine did, but Dexedrine was just too risky to give to a recovering addict and I found that it was a really unpredictable med when it came to its effects. Modafinil is consistent, effective and non-euphoric: everything I'm looking for in a stimulant.

I found Nuvigil to be an improvement. 250mg of it was better than 600mg of Provigil. I took it along with 450mg Wellbutrin.

I'd say that Nuvigil is a little more potent mg for mg, maybe 15%. For me, a dose of Provigil would last 4 hours, Nuvigil 6. Oddly, Provigil has a tendency to make me tired, while Nuvigil gives me a bit of a boost.

I'd say that Nuvigil is a little more potent mg for mg, maybe 15%. For me, a dose of Provigil would last 4 hours, Nuvigil 6. Oddly, Provigil has a tendency to make me tired, while Nuvigil gives me a bit of a boost.

Agreed. Nuvigil lasts longer and is slightly more effective. It's a subtle thing...when I first started it I don't remember any side effects or physical signs that I had taken it throughout the day. I know it worked well for me though because when it would hit a time of day I'd normally be super tired I would realize, "Wow...I'm still awake and functioning."

Thanks for all the info! I especially like the fact that everyone's saying that Nuvigil seems to last longer and what ashleyb says about it being subtle. Sounds like a really effective med to me. I like the idea of a stimulant that you don't feel. Alertness without stimulation if that makes sense.

Glad to hear people exploring non-amphetamine options. They have so much CNS stimulation it can distract from any benefited alertness in some patients.