• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time xanax

lessas

Greenlighter
So I just got a 0.5 mg pill of xanax and am wondering if this will do for a nice buzz or should I wait to get more, which may take a while. Also I know that alcohol and weed help improve the buzz but I am not sure about any specific quantity or if it is a good thing to mix xanax and other stuff on the first time you use it

don't mix benzo's (which is the drug group that xanax is apart of) with alcohol, ever. Weed will be fine to mix with it however.

You don't wanna mix xanax and alcohol because they are both CNS depressants, and the combined effects of both can slow your breathing down enough to the point that if you fall asleep you will just stop breathing and die.

Take your 0.5mg xanax with a shot of liquor to aid the absorption and then smoke weed until your little heart is content, the alcohol and benzo combination at this level will most likely have no negative effect, do not increase the dosage of either past what I've said though as you risk the possibility of black out and CNS depression. This combination has brought me many a good night

Take your 0.5mg xanax with a shot of liquor to aid the absorption and then smoke weed until your little heart is content, the alcohol and benzo combination at this level will most likely have no negative effect, do not increase the dosage of either past what I've said though as you risk the possibility of black out and CNS depression. This combination has brought me many a good night

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS POST ABOVE!!

As your new just take .5mg. I wouldn't suggest a higer dose since you never taken a benzo before.

You're dealing with a substance you've never dealt with before... Take it slow and feel it out. Try the .5mg and see how it affects you. Then next time you can gauge your dosage and mixers a little better.

I never mix and match things I haven't done before. Gain some safe experience before venturing into the danger zone of unknowns...

Recommending alcohol/benzodiazepine combos to a FIRST TIME XANAX user is absolutely unacceptable, just so you all know, you will receive an infraction for giving harmful, possibly lethal advise, the exact opposite of the mission of bluelight.

I cannot believe that I'm having to review this, shoulda known better.

ohhhh man, to be a xanax virgin again... when.5mg turned the whole world into an indescribably floaty happy calm wonderland !
<3

Oh man, my first Xanax experience blew me away. I took 0.5mg with 8 oz GFJuice, and smoked some weed, and this was with 20-30mg prescribed Valium for 2-3 weeks up to that point, so I had a bit of a benzo tolerance.

Stick to 0.5mg Xanax without any potentiators (GFJ, cimetidine, alcohol), smoke a lotta weed, and kick back. %) You'll enjoy yourself and remember the experience, double plus.

0.5mg is the perfect beginners dose IMO. Do not expect for the drug to be euphoric like opiates or other drugs that are know to cause euphoria. Most people do not find benzos to be particularly euphoric, and they are best used for what they are made for; relieving anxiety and calming you down.

I would save it for when you are anxious or mad/nervous and need something to calm you down, or if you take stimulants it can help ease the comedown and make you sleep at a time when sleep is the last thing on your bodies mind. It can make a marijuana high more mellow and sedating, but be aware that whether you take it with or without weed you will get tired from it, so do not under any circumstances get behind of the wheel of a motor vehicle or operate any heavy machinery. Even with a tolerance and taking it as directed I had a few times where it made me almost fall asleep behind the wheel, and that's something that I never want to experience again. It makes you so calm that you really don't care, so you think that you are fine when you really aren't.

0.5mg is a good dose, so don't go chasing a high by getting more and taking a higher dose. All that it would do is increase your tolerance and risk blacking out.

.5mg is perfect for your first time. I have no prescription tolerances and .5mg gives me a nice strong buzz.

my first time i took a bar and it was perfect (2mg) the next time i took 1mg and it wasn't enough

^What is "perfect," what is "enough?" Some people expect to get sloppy drunk off of benzos, that's not what they were made for. Subtle anxiolysis is their main function, you get sloppy drunk off of alcohol if that's your goal. Those dosages were way too high, unless you had a GABA tolerance before trying Xanax.

I would defiantly not mix benzos with alcohol as that can only lead to an ugly blackout situation or much worse. Combining some Xanax with good quality cannabis is a great feeling. I recommend this to anyone who gets paranoid with weed and cant find a different more chill strain to try taking xanax, or any benzo, 30 minutes before toking up and enjoy the anxiety free high.

take the 0.5mg one, wait 30-45m or even an hour if you want, then if you don't feel good enough, take another one, then stop there since it's the first time
then the next time you could start with 1mg right away if that did it for you, or if 0.5mg is good enough

weed definitely makes it better, you just gotta smoke a little bit though, like just a little little bit, not enough to get stoned, just a bit high, that i find being better when i'm on benzos, so you can feel both

but never mix it with alcohol, could turn out ugly

Alprazolam is active at 125 micrograms, that's 0.125mg. Keep this in mind, your taking about 4x the active dose when you take 0.5mg. Granted, it's very common for people to take more of this, but best start low and go slow as there is no reason to raise your tolerance unnecessarily.

Also, abusing benzodiazepines is going to be a nightmare, I recommend you abort this mission.

Let the pill disolve under your tounge, You should feel gental relief inn about 40 min.but you wont feel high you would if you took 2 mgs

When it was my first time, i've needed 2-3mgs to get fucked up. 0.5mg would only give you somesort of relief i believe.