• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time xanax

Totally agreed. Taking Xanax and going out for me is like having a highly booze and drug addicted friend with me.
It constantly "peer pressures" me and keeps teelin me to do anything i get.... Not to talk about all the moneyloosing, becoming violent, talking a lot of shit kinda aspects...

More than 1mg - I wont leave my falt for shit :D

Just be careful, ull sometimes lose control, thinking ur the soberest moth*** around :)
Exactly.... And the best/worst bit is, you wont remember a thing the next day!

Why is benzo's with alchohol so frowned upon? I am still for harm reduction, but people use things to potentiate other things all the time. Why is there such stigma with this combination? I mean let's be real, It's pretty easy to potentiate responsibly.

For a first time user absolutely not. But I can promise you I won't be blacking out and/or going into respiratory depression anytime soon. Cheers.

i bottled one of my best mates on xanax/alcohol , i was on 1mg and decided to do a bottle run for a 1.1L jack daniels and a 700ml wild turkey , ate another (3-6?mg) , i had an emotional breakdown , bashed one of my good mates , bottled another , ended out literally stealing a tent down my pants from k-mart , walking around stocking up on knives ...

another time was the last time , the one u said ud love to hear the story about , i tried 1mg xanax for the first time , didnt kno what to expect , didnt think i was getting any effects so i ate another 5mg , this was only while drunk , then i stole a bottle of wild turkey (same place i did the 2 bottles haha , i pass that bottle o everytime i do xanax with a certain mate) got back to the party and my mate was walking around , checking if people were sweet for drugs , obv i ate everything at hand , and remember practically nothing . i do remember riding on my mates bike , no hands , no helmet going about 160kmph down the highway . also him going into the bottle o , me doing teh pro stealth while the owner was distracted and dacking a bottle , walking off just looking a little 'sus' .

edit: the extra 5mg was over a period of about 2-3 hours , not all at once lol , although i did take 2 at once after the first .

I personally don't think they should produce 2mg Xanax bars, they're a ridiculously high dosage for a such a short acting benzo. If you want to use the tolerance argument for long-term benzo patients, they should just prescribe 2x1mg tablets to taken at once instead, or 4x1mg tablets for the rare patients prescribed 4mg to take all at once, the patients that are usually up to 8mg a day.

Doctors would be wary prescribing 8 tablets of 1mg a day, keeping most patients at a maximum 3-4mg Xanax a day, which is far more reasonable than the common 6-8mg daily dosage. 2mg tablets Klonopin are acceptable to produce, as it is a longer lasting (and thus, more subtle) benzo that is not effective for everybody. As a plus, you will have far fewer blackouts and DUI's for street abusers who don't realize that 2mg Xanax is a huge dose, as most people think, "hey, it's just one pill!"

They probably started producing and marketing 2mg Xanax bars for the sole purpose of heavily addicting patients to this supposedly new "non-addictive substitute to Valium."

This sounds true, also xanax is the most prescribed benzo in the us if im right ;);)?
Here in euro it is prescribed only for really hard cases, far more often prescribed is lorazepam (ativan in us right?) with dosages up to 2,5mg per pill.
The highest dosage in xanax pill here is 1mg!!

As far as im aware Alprazolam is not prescribed in the U.K..

Infact Benzos are rarely prescribed compared to many other countries.

Yeah the first time I took xanax I took a 2mg bar, blacked out and when I blacked out I think I took 3 more bars. When it was the next day I was still blacked out , home alone. Apparently I called my mate to come over he came over and I walked from my room to the front door , fell down the stairs and went back into my room. He said I was slurring my words lying on the floor smashing my room up. I just split up with my girlfriend so I was really repressed I guess. The day went by and my mate went back to school. I was still fu**ed up. Only thing I remember was when my family came home and I was stabbing my bedroom door with a knife , I also carved " HELP CHUCKY IS NEAR " ?. My mum tried taking my xanax and also 3 tabs of LSD so I took them off her and ate all of it haha. Ended up with the police at my house , they took me to hospital and I woke up there really disoriented. Tried to escape several times but got stopped by doctors and security. I only calmed down when I accidentally punched a doctor in the face. ? I love xanax even though it does more bad than good. Xanax Is good just don't do it when your sad lol.

I appreciate this harm reduction site, probaly saved my life a couple times who knows. Buy for me, now I know drugs affect everybody different, but for me Xanax is good( in safe doses and not mixed with alcohol) for meditation and just relaxing and falling asleep when I've been having trouble sleeping. Definitely not a go out and have a good time drug. This is for me. When I take a benzos I can put my meditation music on and literally take my mind anywhere, it is wonderful.