• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ok crazy vein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jac

Greenlighter
I've been getting high for like 12yrs.and I have never had this happened before. I hit in my arm after trying everywhere for 45min I saw blood and was stoked. I felt the warm itchys then metallic taste in my mouth then red blotches everywhere then I got all shaky like I shot coke.after that a big head ache it lasted 10 min or so.this happened once before but I hit in the base of my neck where it meets my chest I thought it was because of where I hit but in my arm this time. No one else had this reaction and I get high with the same people everyday.we've been getting high together for 10yrs. We are both at a loss.I don't really have any veins to think the few I can still see are dangerous just sucks ass! Has this happend to anyone else?

i had a slightly similar reaction when i used an old cotton cuz i had none left. r u sure everything you were using was clean?

Always

Yes I was always use clean works. Wasnt always so but right now im in a really good situation.havnt had to be sick in years.also why my veins are now so bad. That's the scary thing only difference was the reaction.I've had cotton fever before and this was nothing like that.

It sounds like some kind of bactremia or histamine reaction. Most "cotton fever" is actually bactremia. Are you still experiencing issues?

In addition to clean rigs, are you using clean spoon, cotton, stirrer, and washing the injection site?

Homeless -> od.

Yes clean everything but stirer? Don't know anyone that uses a stirer. I do not however clean the spot.so if its the bacteria whatever if I keep it clean I can keep hitting that spot without this happening again?

You need to be swabbing the injection site with isopropyl alcohol.

Out of curiosity, if you don't use a cooker/stirrer, what the hell do you mix it in? Please tell me you aren't backloading, that's so bad.

The reaction our whatever only lasted bout 10 min and didn't hurt when I pushed it in however the first time it happened after I pushed it all I in it felt like it was on fire good it was painful! Like nothing I've felt before or since.

Yes clean everything but stirer? Don't know anyone that uses a stirer. I do not however clean the spot.so if its the bacteria whatever if I keep it clean I can keep hitting that spot without this happening again?
You shouldnt try hitting that spot for a while. At least five days, just to be safe. I have had this happen once, and I honestly NEVER found out why the hell it happened. I had the SAME exact reaction, and I used clean works, new filter, all that. I believe it was something in my dope. It probably was not the dope, though, in your case, since your friend did not get the same reaction.

Possibly an adulterant, due to not micron filtering your shots?

Oh a cooker I've never heard it called a stirer.lol! I use the bottom of a pop can but I clean it with soap and hot water.not after every time but mostly.sometimes if I feel I cooked to much dope I'll just put it away let it dry on my can til next time.I am however lucky enough to have come in contact with clean dope.well cleanest I've ever had.so for the first time I know it wasn't shit that was iin the dope I was reacting to.

You should not use the same can, that could be the source of the bacteria, because bacteria enjoys hot water, and soap is not enough to kill everything. If you absolutely have to reuse, you should be thinking isopropyl alcohol or chlorine bleach.

What the hell is back loading and micron filtering. Why the crazy terminology does anyone else know what this mean am I stupid?

You do know that you don't need to and shouldn't heat the dope, right?

Just let it dissolve in cold water and stir a bit. Heroin in 100% soluble in cold water, heating it only dissolves insoluble cuts.

And nah man, you aren't stupid. Most everyone learns from their friends and there is a lot of myth that gets passed on as truth with heroin.

Micron filters are much finer than cotton filters and can actually filter out many cuts and impurities, as well as bacteria. (Check the link in my signature). They are expensive, but extremely effective, and make iv drug use much safer.

Backloading is when you remove the plunger from the syringe, and pour your drugs directly into the syringe, then you re attach the plunger, draw up water, shake to mix, etc. Basically, it's the same thing I would do for rectal administration, when proper filtration is not required. Definitely not safe to do this for IV at all, under any circumstances, ever.

Also, what muv said, about heat, is critical. You should not be cooking your shots, rather, filter them properly with micron filters.

Last edited:
So if I let it just desolve in the water what happens to the cut it won't clog my rig?

Kinda sounds what we Call a " HOT LINE " here. Afterwards the arm blows up though, your fingers swell to the point you think the skins going to rip. It's like You feel it rush like fire when you push really painful. I think it's from hitting an artery. Sounds close. First it's that fire hot feeling then it gets red and itchy and then slowely blows up to where you look like the elephantman. Scary the first time it happens especially. Happened to me the first or 2nd time i ever shot dope. I should have took the hint.

Be safe man,
-B

mix in cold water, drop the cotton in and draw through the cotton. The Cotton will keep most of it out, micron filters are much safer and cleaner though.

No its not that because I've had that happen and my god that's painful.but no.the first time hurt like that so I just kinda blew it off.this time just felt like I shot coke.and had a crazy taste in my mouth where I hit no pain at all.even started to feel the good rush all warm and itchy then bam! All crazy coke vain on me scary.got high with 2 people 1 shot 1 snorted I'm the only one with the reaction.

Do the give out these micron filters at the needle exchange cause I don't do the online shopping thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.