• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

scary trip - various RCs and DMT - really could use your opinion about this

'whats this iv found? well what a nice surprise a mystery blotter. i have taken an awful lot of drugs but no pain. no gain. down the hatch'

No offence taken.

It was not responsible and stupid. I was also delusional a long time while abusing RCs. It was just very easy to get big amounts of various RCs and let myself go, now I am paying for the consequences.

I'd try seeking out some more traditional psychedelics, if you 'need' high doses - specifically, ones that aren't associated with seizures and death.

Perfect advice, I would go for it, if not extreme nausia. It ruins the trip, that is why I went with RCs. I tried many ways to get rid of the nausea, but nothing worked.

Anyway, I am taking a big break from all/any drugs. I need time to integrate ~10 month psychedelic/dissociative RCs "use".

Last edited:
I believe I have some idea what you are talking about, although for me it was the most beautiful place ever that I visited. Nonetheless, the experience in itself was pretty "scary". I didn't experience fear while in it, but when I emerged I was like "WTF, I lost 'me' for an eternity."

If you ask my opinion, if you visited a "twisted reality" (your words) I'd suggest thinking about why it was so twisted, and why it wasn't a beautiful place you visited. I assume you're aiming for "beautiful" experiences when using psychedelics.

I use Lynch's analogy to explain this to my friends.
When you are in the White Lodge, the most pure and innocent part of you is projected onto the world. Beautiful and marvellous things happen, although the fact that they are so alien can be fearful.
When you're in the Black Lodge, your inner demons are projected onto the world around you.
My 2 cents..

Quote from Twin Peaks:

"My people believe that the White Lodge is a place where the spirits that rule man and nature reside. There is also a legend of a place called the Black Lodge. The shadow self of the White Lodge. Legend says that every spirit must pass through there on the way to perfection. There, you will meet your own shadow self. My people call it The Dweller on the Threshold.
But it is said that if you confront the Black Lodge with imperfect courage, it will utterly annihilate your soul."

Hah, I love twin peaks. DMT was the most intense Psychadelic I have ever tried, and by far the most interesting. Plus the fact that it only lasts 15 or so minutes works out well for me. When I was 18 my friends and I all took one of two paths, we either went from drinking/smoking to taking strong psychadellic drugs, or to abusing hard drugs. I went with the smack and coke, and am pretty sensitive to 'perspective shifting' experiences-back when I was 16 I smoked some really bizzare weed that seemed to take me out of my body and observe my life and actions from a different POV, which resulted in a state of depression that I never really seemed to come out of.. Basically, while I cannot directly understand your experience, I think I can understand the fear that you felt, at seeing or experiencing something that perhaps you were not ready to see.

I've found smoked DMT combined with other strong long-lasting psychedelics has the effect of prolonging the DMT experience and bringing the interior to the exterior. I think it is very serious business and not something to do often or casually.

i have experienced a similar effect with vaped DMT on high doses of LSD.
basically my apartment became a "different place" (for lack of a better descriptor). physical objects changed, there was no clutter or earthy familiarity. in fact, things that i did recognise (my beautiful gretsch guitar on a stand right in front of me) took on completely different characteristics. it was an instrument, of some sort....but not a guitar. the darkened, candlelit flat became illuminated in a creamy white light, and objects stretched into oblong shapes and what seemed to be different kinds of technology.
to me, this is 'open eye hyperspace'. there may be other ways to describe it, but it's mystical and wondrous.
lots of particular shapes and a beautiful, yet somewhat haunting eeriness. i love it, but i find it hard to get that sweet spot between "oh wow, that was pretty", "holy fuck, i'm confused" and "i've just been shown that a giant parasitic alien is feasting on the planet, and i am paralised with fear and guilt that i am complicit in feeding it with my embracing of the destructive evils of modern technology".
dmt can go deep, deep inside your head and pull things out to taunt you. this is my subjective opinion.

yet, i have fallen in love with tryptamines. over the course of yesterday i consumed moderate doses of 4-ho-det, 4-aco-dmt and dmt (IV, plugged and vaped, respectively) over the course of 12 hours or so - as well as a little 2c-d which took some of the edge off the (somewhat recklessly experimental early morning shot of 4-ho-det). after vaping some dmt at the end, rather than being overcome by the power i am accustomed to with such a ROA, i simply found my vision completely immersed in elaborate and gentle patterns. it was beautiful, but these things can so easily fall into a frightening train wreck if one is not careful.
i'm a very experienced tripper, and only really began exploring the various tryptamine analogues this year - but if you know your self, your mind, your set+setting and your substance, you can really explore some fascinating realms in these states - but push it too far, and you are pretty certain to wind up hovering over some kind of frightening abyss.
dropping unknown tabs in combination with a fairly high dose of any of the NBOMe series seems pretty irresponsible - in the life threatening sense - and i'm glad you're ok.