• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Old Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread and Scraps

Yeah I should clarify. By social situations, I am not refering to situations where friends will be together and the primary focus of the evening will be to evaluate/partake in a psychedelic and simply exist together, laugh, listen to good music, and discuss whatever insights come to mind.
I was refering to a large social situation where for most people, a psychedelic is not the main focus of the evening, a place where there will be stupid drunk people, etc. In other words, the latter of the two situations you refer to.
[ 14 February 2003: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]

Expect more of a psychedelic effect. Yes, MDMA is technically a psychedelic but I think we all know what you were asking. 2-CI will offer you the visuals, the sense of time distortion, the introspective mental voyage that I am assuming you are refering to when you allude to the "psychedelic effect". However, you may discover a sense of euphoria that is not dissimilar to that of MDMA.
SG

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the mental state produced by most psychedelic phenethylamines to be very similar... this holds true for mescaline, 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7, MDMA, MBDB, DOB, and 2C-B. I'm not familiar with 2C-I yet, but I suspect it too will be similar.
Similar is not identical! There are definately different emphases in the mental places these substances take you. Some of these differences are not at all subtle... but overall, they've got much in common.
Where there is a big difference is in the open-eye visual effects. MDMA, MDA, MBDB, etc rarely produce strong open eye visuals with normal doses. 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7 and 2C-B almost always produce very powerful open eye visuals with normal doses. Mescaline seems able to go both ways. All these drugs produce very vivid closed eye visions though, which have the feel of full immersion 3-D virtual reality.
While I haven't had 2C-I, I've had many related drugs. My guess is that the mental and physical sensations will be pretty similar to MDMA and any other phenethylamine psychedelics you've had, while there will likely be MUCH more visual activity than MDMA.

Originally posted by evlove:
2ci caught me off guard with the type of emotional psychedelic space it offered me. Unlike the ego loss and cosmic voyages of the TIHKAL, I was being confronted with all of these interpersonal issues in a way I have never been before. I was looking at my identity from the perspectives of all of the different people in my life and it turned out that I was not always the kindest, smartest, most compasionate and loving person that I could be. I was completely surprized that it would be this type of realization that would floor me. At the same time I felt safe and protected and that it was ok to be in this space, going through these issues.

Wow... that is an excellent way of putting it. ;) I've pretty much experienced the exact same thing. 2c-i is neat. :D
shii

heh, did you remember my post about 2C-I and potentiation with alcohol?
Unfortunatelly I cannot test if 2C-I has the same effect without alcohol on me.

i've always found alcohol's effects to be potentiated with pyschedelics. however there's also the question of time dilation and you end up pounding a beer in under 5 minutes. If you know your limits with alcohol its not that hard to judge and have a good time.

i've always found alcohol's effects to be potentiated with pyschedelics. however there's also the question of time dilation and you end up pounding a beer in under 5 minutes. If you know your limits with alcohol its not that hard to judge and have a good time.

This is from my paper on the 2C-T series. It likely applies to 2C-I as well.
No studies have ever been performed on the metabolism of 2C-T-2 or 2C-T-7. The metabolism of the related drugs 2C-B and mescaline have been studied however, and based on this it is possible to construct hypothetical metabolic pathways for 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7.
Studies of human volunteers given mescaline have found at least 11 metabolites excreted in urine, as well as mescaline itself, which makes up 60% of the excreted material. Another 30% of the original drug is excreted as 3,4,5-trimethoxyphenylacetic acid. Another 5% is excreted as the metabolite N-acetyl-beta-(3,4-dimethoxy-5-hydroxy)-phenethylamine. Several other trace metabolites, including N-acetylmescaline and 3,4-dimethoxy-5-hydroxyphenethylamine, are also excreted.
Studies with animals and in vitro studies have found that mescaline undergoes oxidative deamination. There is some question as to what enzyme does this however, with some researchers suspecting monoamine oxidase, some suspecting diamine oxidase, and some suspecting both may be involved. Enzymatic N-acetylation, as well as O-demthylation of the methoxy groups have also been demonstrated, but these are minor metabolic routes in humans.
The metabolism of 2C-B (2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromophenethylamine) has been studied both by in vitro studies with rat livers and by analyzing urine samples from humans who had used the drug. In addition to some unchanged 2C-B, metabolites included 2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromophenylacetic acid, 2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromobenzoic acid, and 2-methoxy-5-hydroxy-4-bromophenethylamine. By comparing this data to what is known about mescaline metabolism, it seems likely that 2C-B follows a similar metabolic pathway.
Extrapolating from this, it seems likely that much 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7 may be excreted unchanged, with oxidative deamination being the main metabolic pathway for the remainder. This would produce 2,5-dimethoxy-4-ethylthiophenylacetic acid in the case of 2C-T-2, and 2,5-dimethoxy-4-propylthiophenylacetic acid in the case of 2C-T-7. Some of the drugs are also likely metabolized by other pathways such as O-demethylation or N-acetylation. One direction for future research which may prove interesting is to compare the metabolism of 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7. There seems to be much wider range of responses to 2C-T-7 than for 2C-T-2, as was discussed under dosage considerations. This may be indicative of some difference in the metabolism of the two drugs.
[ 24 February 2003: Message edited by: Murple ]

Do you notice the same thing with 2C-B? And why are you taking 2CI rather than 2CB?.. just curious.
[ 26 February 2003: Message edited by: AcidBurn ]

Not sure if this is appropriate here, but after 2c-I, I can't say I had a feeling of clarity and mental well-being... it was more like, : :eek: w... I feel drained, my brain has just dealt with a major drubbing (an amazing drubbing, mind you) and I'm really really sick:::
I'm glad for you though, that you had such positive feelings!
-DaiZ

Not sure if this is appropriate here, but after 2c-I, I can't say I had a feeling of clarity and mental well-being... it was more like, : :eek: w... I feel drained, my brain has just dealt with a major drubbing (an amazing drubbing, mind you) and I'm really really sick:::
I'm glad for you though, that you had such positive feelings!
-DaiZ

Yet another 2ci question.

do you think this compound has safety comparable to it's cousin 2cb?

-j.

I get much more body-load and all body out impact with 2C-I compared to 2C-B. Sometimes some pretty severe headaches with 2C-I. Never with 2C-B. Make your own conclusions.

I get much more body-load and all body out impact with 2C-I compared to 2C-B. Sometimes some pretty severe headaches with 2C-I. Never with 2C-B. Make your own conclusions.

Ive never taken 2C-B but 2C-I has (on higher doses, 25mg) given me bad headaches. They would last throughout the experience, and once into the next day.

Ive never taken 2C-B but 2C-I has (on higher doses, 25mg) given me bad headaches. They would last throughout the experience, and once into the next day.

Wow, 2C-I feels so "clean" all around, right up there with LSD or psilocybin. By far the best "side effect free" RC. No nausea, no annoying "body load" (maybe a feeling throughout the body but nothing unpleasant). Headache's wow, never felt anything like it (but i am a guy that does like bzp and 5-meo-dipt though..).

Well...

---
> do you think this compound has safety comparable
> to it's cousin 2cb?
---
How safe is 2C-B, precisely? There have been some reports of accidental ingestions of high doses - but then again, people have intentionally taken quite high doses of 2C-T-7 (the phen. of ill-repute) and survived. I don't think that any of these compounds is extremely dangerous, but I do think that all of them carry more physical dangers than LSD or psilocybin, and would consider the burden of proof to be on those who would claim otherwise. Myron Stolaroff noted in Thanatos to Eros that only half of the people who tried 2C-B seemed to enjoy it (p. 59). He further noted that many people complained of disquieting physical side-effects. Several anecdotal reports seem to indicate pronounced problems - one involves a cardiac arrythmia. Again, this is not to suggest that 2C-B is dangerous, but I question just how "safe" it is.
---
Namaste,
Cliff