• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Old Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread and Scraps

Although a sitter is a good idea, AND you dont know exactly how your body will react to a chemical, I would say 2C-I is one that would not be frightening to do alone. I found it to be VERY gentle and never once felt overwhelmed, despite the effects.
MGS's advice on a low dose is a good one. Personally, I trip alone much more than with others, I get more out of it, especially with 2C-I... but for your first time, playing it safe is probably the best idea.
I think my two paragraps contradict each other, hehe

Of all the PEA's I've tried 2CI is my least favorite, I just don't get off on it.. Is too mild, nice for kicks and giggles but thats about it...[/QB]
I can see where you're coming from, sort of, although 2C-I is currently my favorite 2C. I have always enjoyed the mellow fun hiking trips we've taken while on this material, but recently I tried a higher dose (25 mg, weight 105ish). It blew me away, to put it lightly. I was never overwhelmed mentally, but I experienced things that I never thought possible with this gentle drug. The trip was quite profound.
I think when Ann Shulgin said 2C-I and 2C-B are interchangeable in a therapeutic situation, she meant that they both served the same purpose. I have yet to try 2C-B, but I will confirm that when I do.

Of all the PEA's I've tried 2CI is my least favorite, I just don't get off on it.. Is too mild, nice for kicks and giggles but thats about it...[/QB]
I can see where you're coming from, sort of, although 2C-I is currently my favorite 2C. I have always enjoyed the mellow fun hiking trips we've taken while on this material, but recently I tried a higher dose (25 mg, weight 105ish). It blew me away, to put it lightly. I was never overwhelmed mentally, but I experienced things that I never thought possible with this gentle drug. The trip was quite profound.
I think when Ann Shulgin said 2C-I and 2C-B are interchangeable in a therapeutic situation, she meant that they both served the same purpose. I have yet to try 2C-B, but I will confirm that when I do.

Well part what I don't like about 2CI is that for me anyway once I get to 22mg or so, taking more doesn't get me much farther and I feel overstimulated and then burnt-out...
I ate 32mg a few weeks ago and felt lousy after awhile, like I'd taken too much 5-MeO-DiPT or something, and with no appreciable increase in psychedelia..
With 2CB or the 2CT's the "ceiling" is way higher, larger and larger doses incurring more and more dramatic effects...

Well part what I don't like about 2CI is that for me anyway once I get to 22mg or so, taking more doesn't get me much farther and I feel overstimulated and then burnt-out...
I ate 32mg a few weeks ago and felt lousy after awhile, like I'd taken too much 5-MeO-DiPT or something, and with no appreciable increase in psychedelia..
With 2CB or the 2CT's the "ceiling" is way higher, larger and larger doses incurring more and more dramatic effects...

Yeah Alucard... my one experience with 2C-I involved a whopping dose of TWO milligrams. And you know what? It was pretty nice. A mild ecstasy-like buzz. Nothing close to psychedelic at that dose, but... I can sure see how 10mg would be interesting.

Yeah Alucard... my one experience with 2C-I involved a whopping dose of TWO milligrams. And you know what? It was pretty nice. A mild ecstasy-like buzz. Nothing close to psychedelic at that dose, but... I can sure see how 10mg would be interesting.

murple, give it a try at a larger dose. you will not be dissapointed. it is really a wonderful chem. 10mg is nice, and i know your stance, less is more especially if effective at a lower dose. but IMHO this substance really shows its colors at the 16-18mg range.

murple, give it a try at a larger dose. you will not be dissapointed. it is really a wonderful chem. 10mg is nice, and i know your stance, less is more especially if effective at a lower dose. but IMHO this substance really shows its colors at the 16-18mg range.

ive found the difference in only 5 mg, from 20 to 25 to be not what i expected at all. as someone else stated it took me to a place where i didnt think this substance could go. one hell of a smooth substance though.
the come on is very nice. noticeable at around 3/4 of an hour and climbs for another 1 and a half. always leaves you in control. i find it to be very benevolent. crisp visuals, leaves a cool tone to everything. sorta feels like my insides are made of the same stuff as a breath mint and just breathing can be very pleasureable.
only real downside i see is that it leaves me pretty overstimulated after about 7 hours of this, to the point where my body hurts worse than 14 hours on amt. go for it though, this one is definitely of a special quality.

ive found the difference in only 5 mg, from 20 to 25 to be not what i expected at all. as someone else stated it took me to a place where i didnt think this substance could go. one hell of a smooth substance though.
the come on is very nice. noticeable at around 3/4 of an hour and climbs for another 1 and a half. always leaves you in control. i find it to be very benevolent. crisp visuals, leaves a cool tone to everything. sorta feels like my insides are made of the same stuff as a breath mint and just breathing can be very pleasureable.
only real downside i see is that it leaves me pretty overstimulated after about 7 hours of this, to the point where my body hurts worse than 14 hours on amt. go for it though, this one is definitely of a special quality.

Have you done a search on this forum? Have you looked on Erowid? Your answers are there.

You could have found the answers, somewhat easily.
There is a certain pleasure, stimulation feeling that is similar to mdma. It is less of a positive mood push, but it does boost the mood. It may upset your stomach. It has a psychedelic effect, which is dose dependent. Lower doses, there is less trippy thoughts and no visuals, with just a slight stimulation.
For me, 15-20mg is when the visuals and trippy thinking start.

Piper, I was in a very similar position as you in that my experience before 2ci was mostly based on tryptamine psychedelics, with only a handful of experiences with the phenylethylamines.
2ci caught me off guard with the type of emotional psychedelic space it offered me. Unlike the ego loss and cosmic voyages of the TIHKAL, I was being confronted with all of these interpersonal issues in a way I have never been before. I was looking at my identity from the perspectives of all of the different people in my life and it turned out that I was not always the kindest, smartest, most compasionate and loving person that I could be. I was completely surprized that it would be this type of realization that would floor me. At the same time I felt safe and protected and that it was ok to be in this space, going through these issues.
This was just one experience and I consider it very positively. Hope it helps.

as far as 2C-I is concerend it is a fantastic psychedelic. if you don't have much phenethylamine experience this is a great gentle introduction to the phens. its easy on the body and leaves you very clear headed. at lower doses there is a euphoria and positive mood push, at about 16-18mg the fireworks come out a little and up around 20-22mg it can be an intense psychedelic. additionally it can be very stimulating, don't plan on sleeping for at least 8 hours.

Last edited:
Well to give a more productive answer :D ,
simply put, 2C-I fuckin' rocks dude ! Very good party stuff if you ask me.
Nada Rylnym described it pretty well.
With your background, it could perhaps be described as really a cross between the clear-headedness, the stimulation and the empathogenic effects of MDMA (but the empathogenic effects are much more smoother) and the mental & visual trippiness of acid but without its grim and edgy character.
If it's your 1st time though with drugs of this class i'd advise aginst taking too much. typically 12-16mg is a good starting point. Be safe and reasonable and you'll have a hell of a good time. You're gonna love it !
[ 13 February 2003: Message edited by: Meilikhios ]

I would not call 2C-I a "party drug" by any stretch of the imagination, but then I couldn't see any psychedelic being useful or fun for me at a party. I don't like to trip in social situations. Having said that, 2C-I does leave a very clear head.
And yeah, 12 to 16 mg is a good starting point. In fact, I find 16 mg to be the "perfect" dose.
[ 13 February 2003: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]
[ 14 February 2003: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]