• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-AMT Thread

5-MeO-AMT sucks!!!

Not to mention that it can be absorbed through inhaling and skin contact. Nothing worse than getting a 3 hour shit fest just by breathing dust. There's enough horror stories on Erowid about this already, lets try to keep it that way. Peace, Spinal.

5MeO-AMT

Yes, distrubuting them at clubs, raves, etc is a way to get DEA ban them. Actually, diarrhea goes away after daily use & tolerance (foxy & AMT).. I'll bet you people $200 that 5MeO-AMT will get banned within two years. This one guy at IRC server that I frequent at sold 10g, (yes, ten grams) of 5MeO-AMT to a dealer to sell em as LSD & E. That guy actually lost our respect toward him for being a stupid tard. :\

Also, I talked to this one guy who personally knows two of three people that ODed on 'AMT' (its 5MeO-AMT) in Racine, WI recently told me that people in Racine is actually doing 50mg 5MeO-AMT regularly. They didnt even fucking read the label on the baggie. I was very appalled when I heard it. Those kind of people actually is giving responsible drug-users bad name & reputations...

MindDash®

Last edited by a moderator:
it really is sad that people are that stupid.. they have no idea about the power of these drugs.

wtf...

Actually, diarrhea goes away after daily use & tolerance (foxy & AMT)..

Who the hell would be stupid enough to use them daily? i would be hesitant to use these drugs monthly, or at all.

Re: 5-MeO-AMT sucks!!!

Spinal said:
Not to mention that it can be absorbed through inhaling and skin contact. Nothing worse than getting a 3 hour shit fest just by breathing dust. There's enough horror stories on Erowid about this already, lets try to keep it that way. Peace, Spinal.

that being said you should be more careful about using it....it is plainly stated by many many people that snorting/inhaling 5-meo-amt is EXTREMELY unpleasant.....just because you made a mistake doesnt mean you should completely write off the drug because it "sucks"

5-MeO-AMT Duration

This is taken from Erowid.

Onset : 30 - 90 minutes
Duration : 8 - 9 hours
Normal After Effects : up to 12 hours

Which would say that I could be burned for 22:30 hours
maximum. Doesn't sound especially fun but can anyone
confirm this? How long did your roll last?

[EDIT]
Oh and yes I did read the experiences but they don't
exactly tell me how long the effects lasted.

Last edited:
Asinine Slang Names

Please don't call the 5-MeO-AMT high a 'roll' or 'rolling'. It sounds stupid enough when you are refering to it in reference to MDMA, but the last thing we need is the media to start calling this an 'XTC-like drug' because people associate stupid words like 'rolling' with these exotic psychedelics.

5-MeO-AMT is a long-laster. The trip can last 18 hours, or longer. And though I have yet to sample it, from the reports I've read, it doesn't sound like much fun. I'm in no hurry to try it. I've had a sample or two for ages and it hasn't been opened since the day I got it.

Last edited:
Its really a great drug. You must take it a couple times to get used to it but i just had a trip this past weekend which was great. it is a long trip i dosed around 2 pm and came down around late night or early moring watched the sun rise. we found the best way to take this also is letting dissovle under your tounge for 15 min instead of just swallwing a pill. Be carefull though this drug is very powerfull very.

5-MEO-AMT interaction question

does anyone know is this substance interacts with adderall? also, is 5-meo-amt a suspected maoi?

not that 5-meo-amt, or any other research chemical, gets you high or anything...=D

i dont think there would be any negative interactions with amphetamine. the thing with 5meoamt (a,O DiMethylSerotonin) is that its a synthetic form of serotonin that was designed to be able to cross the BBB and not get broken down before it even got there.

Alpha O is not a 'synthetic form of serotonin', that's like calling oxy synthetic heroin. It was a serotonin derivative designed to effectively cross the BB area.

well yeah you know what i meant. its been a while since i read the TiHKAL entry for the specifics and i'm tired; sue me :p

5MeO-AMT & Adderall

5MeO-AMT's a very weak MAOI, like other tryptamines. Mixing em both? Start with low dose.

Id recommend you to save adderalls for later. 5MeO-AMT feels speedy and will makes you awake for 20+ hours. Mixing em both wont make a signifcant difference, IMO.

I would save the adderall for the next day, after you have woken from the deep sleep. on the other hand you could take it before the "deep sleep" and stay up until the night time so you can get back on a regular sleeping pattern

OK...I know I'm digging up a lot of old threads from the grave, but I'm trying to extend my knowledge base on 5-MeO-AMT.

Out of two uses, my only significant experience with 5-MeO-AMT was:

7.5mg 5-MeO-AMT. Dosed at 4:30pm...fell asleep around 7am the following day. I could have easily stayed up longer though...basically went to bed because everyone else did and I was bored.

This is 15 hours...could have easily extended to 20+hours if there were other people up and about towards the end of the trip.

Here's a link to the trip report :

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=29276

from reports i've read, alpha-O can last up to 20 hours. But in my experience, i've never felt any significant psychedelic effects over 10 hrs after ingestion. But then again i've never been stupid enough to take a dose over 5 mg.

Be careful kiddies, this isn't something to fuck around with. An eyeballed dose can easily put you into a headspace with unwanted stimulation and compulsive vomitting.

Really, take my advice, this drug is useless as a psychedelic (and unproductive and non-entheogenic as well). Its only good for mild stimulation with some sparkley visuals. Pushing beyond that will make you puke your brains out and give you incredible body load. There are better hallucinogens out there that will take you to a similar headspace; w/o the GI-effects!

My friend and I took a dose of 12mg orally and tripped for around 24 hours. This trip was very intense in fact at one point while sitting in a basement the surroundings melted away and I was on a traffic island with cars zooming past me. Things would spin upside down and out of control for about an hour I didn't know what was up or down and my orientation was out of whack like what. Fun though.

Hey MGS, there is a recent 5 meo amt report on the trip reports board that seems like it was very positive.
ive always been in your boat though, no desire to really try it, but MIGHT if it comes along.

I go back and forth about wanting to try alpha-O. I'll prolly end up trying it one day, but it's pretty low on the list. I've had the chance to try it for over three years now and I haven't, so it obviously is not a priority.