• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-AMT Thread

Headaches? No, not really. I sometimes get a little head buzz going in the aftermath, but really nothing to speak of. On a pain scale of 1-10 I'd give it about a 1, and barely that. :) It's certainly nothing like the head-pounding misery that some people experience with this compound, and in fact I feel it probably has something to do with the long duration of the trip and the corresponding lack of sleep. I guess I'm just lucky, and as I say this substance has always been extremely friendly to me.

As far as your headaches, do you keep yourself adequately hydrated while tripping? Tripping and water go hand in hand for me, I mean I drink a LOT of water when tripping and on trips of long duration such as 5-MeO-AMT I probably drink a gallon and a half of good old H2O. I feel this helps on a whole variety of levels, it helps my stomach, helps my head, and helps wash away that bitter chewed-up aspirin taste I periodically get throughout the trip. (that, and I keep a healthy supply of hard candy or mints to suck on).

I have noticed afterwards that my left jaw sometimes clenches, gets a little tight and painful for a few days. It would be nirvana to just be able to *pop* it as I can when my jaw gets tight at other times, but that usually doesn't seem to work. But that's usually the only negative, and that's a minor quibble at worst.

Oh yeah and one other thing, I heartily recommend NOT drinking coffee after taking 5-MeO-AMT. *GAG* It gives a whole new definition to the word bitter, just tastes completely horrible. In fact it ruined the taste of coffee for me for a few days afterward, which is a drag in my case cause I'm a hardcore coffee fanatic. Ahhhh well, live and learn I guess. %)

Cheers-

Last edited:
Now I feel in the minority with my opinion about 5-MeO-AMT.

I had no negative side effects when I did it, only thing could be the body load which wasn't even that bad. Had the usual jaw clenching, but that didn't bug me because it wasn't that bad. MDMAs jaw clenching was worse than 5-MeO-AMTs.

As for the trip, I'd say it was wonderfully visual in lightsense. I wasn't over come with visuals, but it was always around. I mean, I saw cars melting all the way to the ground while maintaining their height. It was more a constant adaptation of what stayed relatively real. I can't say that my pupil seemingly collapsing and swirling around was real, but it was certainly amusing.

Some of the best things that happened was this ever-present translucent patterning of green and purple colors that moved like liquid on all grassy surfaces. And the fact all trees had an amazing green and purple aurora around them.

Albeit I did take a "high" dose everytime(10mg+), even the first time. But I never felt drugged into a negative state, always was feeling fine.

Also, for the nausea I found that pot completely removed it. All my friends who didn't smoke right before or right after ended up with lots of stomach discomfort or just a plain ol' vomitvest.

I really find that a lot of the time the nausea associated with psychedelics is the brain misunderstanding hunger signals from the stomach. Obviously this is not the only or even the main cause, but I frequently find I'm less nauseous with food taken shortly after dosing, than if my stomach stays empty during the come-up.

^^^

With this compound, I'd have to disagree. I think it directly agitates the stomach... I've gotten sick with all routes except one... no details on with method, Jamshyd would know what I'm talking about. :)

I don't ALWAYS have problems, but I've had a few serious strikes of porcelain god worship... then again, they always ended with an immediate rush of visual insanity, intense euphoria, and hendrix turning into santana, dancing in the picture, the sun from sublime popping off a poster and flying into the room, carpets giggling, music coming from the walls, pictures turning into living, breathing, breathtaking scenes, and my most intense visual ever: a lifesize dragon making an appearance on the ceiling in my kitchen, blowing a billowing cloud of smoke into the room. :D

I guess my doses probably have quite a bit to do with the nausea... I've been known to take up to 70mg in a single dosing... though the average was more around 40mg... I've always had intense experiences on it. I'm wondering... has anyone combined a low dose, like 5 mg with a decent roll? I think the resulting trip/roll would be in-fucking-credible!

Question: 5-MeO-AMT is commonly passed off as LSD. How can a newbie to both drugs know if your getting bunk stuff or not?

Well, for starters, 5-MeO-a-MT has a really shitty taste... extremely bitter. Second, try taking like 2-3 hits... if its blotter, chances are you won't be getting a lot of 5-MeO-a-MT... and 2-3 hits of LSD can, but usually doesn't, fuck you up hard.

I would be very leary of anything being represented as LSD, especially in liquid form. Blotters are a *LITTLE* bit safer...

Effectually, 5-MeO-a-MT has a pretty rough come-up and can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 3 hours to hit a full plateau... from what I know, LSD should have first waves within about 20-30 minutes and full peak no later than 1.5 hours... I took some "LSD" this weekend. Not too sure what it was. Certainly not 5-MeO-a-MT... but I doubt it was LSD... maybe *WEAK* LSD, since it did give me quite a "trip" but minor on the visuals, wasn't like LSA either. Kind of inbetween on what it was but 20 hits of it didn't do a whole lot and I've never had LSD before, nor have I had any "psychedelics" in a good two and a half months, short of MDA/MDMA and one bout with shrooms about 2 months ago.

In comparison though, short of the lack of a bodyload, it certainly felt quite similar to 5-MeO-a-MT, with a strong push towards extreme happiness. Visually, nothing even close to 18-22mg of 5-MeO-a-MT on a "tolerant" day. ;)

Half of the stuff you people think is acid that's blowing up all around the U.S. -is- 5-MeO-AMT, I ran tests on seven different hits of 'acid' in Dallas and five of them were 5-MeO-AMT. It's always the same for me. I take it, my eyes get so dilate that it hurts, I vomit my guts out, and then I feel like I've been poisoned for about eighteen hours. Sure there are visuals and a little euphoria, by my body feels like it's screaming, "no!" Pains in my bones and joints, extreme pain on the left side of my head after the trip; this stuff truly isn't for human consumption. The way I see it, you have to be pretty hard-up and desperate to go for 5-MeO-AMT. [edit] Steer clear unless you want to be sick and in pain.

Also, a friend of mine took 43mg of 5-MeO-AMT a year ago, went to the hospital, and he has never been the same since. He always talks about "another life", helicopters and agents following him, "knowing something about this world that isn't supposed to be known", "our minds are like pandora's box", and he says that he can almost never be alone without the whole trip coming back again. I know he'll never be the same and I wonder how many other people this has happened to with garbage like 5-MeO-AMT.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^

plunx, it REALLY depends on the person in question. u sound like uyu had a terrible time, i onoly got a headache and a little nausea. i know peoplewho didnt havce any probnlems at all, and i know a person who had migranes fora week after and no nausea.

oh, and definately dont take this on an empty stomach. every case ive heard of that, ended badly.

in fact, i dont like putting that stff in my stomach at all. other routes of administration are much more easy on the body.

There's also purity and freshness questions; there seems to be wide variation of physical effects, some being minor like headaches, others being scarier like strange pains. I guess you never really know, but to me, 5-MeO-AMT seems too risky to try again. Peace.

PlunX said:
There's also purity and freshness questions;

This does not only apply to 5-MeO-AMT. Maybe because it's so widely available, but lot's of other substances are as well. Unless you know a chemist with the knowledge to synth the substance in question or have a reliable source, you'll never know for sure if the purity of the substance will affect the body-load. This should be taken into account before acquiring such compounds..

I have decided to go back on my decision to never take it again.

It has been about 4 or 5 months since my last dosing and I am just feeling that the time is 'right' to do it once more.

Now that I found a much better materialization of it (I trip sat a couple of friends the other day who took it and they had no negative problems at all and they all had a LOT of fun), I am willing to give it another try. Even the scent is quite different.

I'm wondering if the last batch that I got was truly 5-MeO-MiPT. I have been experimenting with it off and on for a while now and the body load and duration are about the same for me (minus 2 or 3 hours). My source for it last time has been known to make mistakes...

I'm quite curious to see what I was really sold. My first time getting it was the best, the other two times were completely different.

I suspect that many of the negative side-effects are due to a combination of inconsistency in measurement, and individual sensitivities. There is also the possibility of psychosomatic related things, and I have noticed considerably variable body-load in myself between different experiences on the same batch of drug, with carefully measured all the drugs in myself.

As far as the problem with 5-MeO-AMT being passed off on blotters as LSD, I think that those who are familiar with both should be able to determine the difference based on taste. I suspect that 5-MeO-AMT tastes pretty nasty with the familiar indole taste that's common to tryptamines. LSD itself tastes bitter, but it's not at all the same flavor, and the effective dose of 5-MeO-AMT is much higher, so if you suck on the blotter for a while, it should be pretty easy to determine whether or not it's 5-MeO-AMT.

Just my guess as I've never had 5-MeO-AMT on blotter or in any other form, but I know that 5mg of other tryptamines provides a taste that's hard to miss.

I've only tasted this one in smallish doses, dissolved in a liquid so i think i had about 2mg per drop of everclear, and i dont remember the doses 'cause it was a while ago, but i'd say never over 8-10mg. I always put it on something and then hold it under my tongue for a long time. No side effects noticed at all, suprisingly. Nice colors and stuff, felt good, some day i'll have to give it a try again since I had no bad effects.

I thought it would be interesting to note that while Dr. Shulgin did discover the CNS properties of 5-MeO-AMT, he was not the first to prepare it. 5-MeO-AMT was first prepared in 1958 and was described in the following journal...

Pietra, S. and Tacconi, C., Indole Derivatives. III. Alpha-Alkyl and Alpha-
Aryltryptamines, Farmaco (Pavia) Ed. Sci. 13, 893 (1958).

Well I have experimented again with this one. If there are good and bad batches around, I must have been lucky and gotten a good one because I don't get any side effects at all. Stomach, nothing.. No pains.. nothing.

Actually, while on it, my joints, back, muscles, they all feel pretty damn good and 'relaxed' i guess. "Smooth" comes to mind.

I could easily, to go a job on this stuff, do normal day to day stuff, while seeing visuals or whatever. Not a large dose of course, but what is "large"? I thought 4mg of this would have me tripping, when it seems to take much more, more like, 11-12mg, and even thats pretty 'mild'.

I find this stuff more interesting than i thought it would be....

Its not the psychedelic i'd want to take to ...well...."trip out hard", figure out personal problems, etc.

It seems very recreational, and lowish doses, seem to even enhance a lot of things. That is hard to explain though.. I know I can throw things into the air, and it seems like my mind...figures out what position they will be in and where, for my hands to grab them, better than sober. I'm not that into outdoor sports, but, i have a feeling ...well, anything like throwing a ball a long distance and trying to hit a spot, or maybe just tossing a frisbee to a friend with the wind blowing and all that, would be a lot of fun! Haha.. Dancing, or anything that involves multitasking, seems easier. This is "fun" stuff!

I also have no problem just falling right asleep on it. I sleep just great too. I remember a few split second images with eyes closed, getting close to sleep, where the 'images', or more like a seconds worth of 'time', looked very vivid and realistic, and it was just the computer screen I had been looking at right before I decided to go to sleep. The image of the letters and everything, was so detailed, like a photograph, and i saw it sort of 'jiggle' or turn into 'fragments' in a way. Its wierd what I saw that time, is more like what a higher dose of this does to the computer screen while awake. That was before I had ever seen that visual 'effect' before also. (before i ever took the dose higher)

Anyway, for me, this seems like a 'tool' for lots of useful purposes. If i wanted to draw, write, anything creative, I would have plenty of hours with this stuff, yet, i could just stop and decide to do a 'normal' activity without it interfering in a bad way, or, i could just pass out and sleep, or take a nap if i wanted. Maybe wake up later and have the effects still there, so i could use it, or ignore it and ..pay bills or go out, whatever. I'm not talking about huge doses here or anything.

This stuff definitely has no stimulant effect on me, it really seems pretty 'neutral' that way. I even took 125mg caffeine last time just cause i was tired but wanted to wait a little while before dosing off.

Definitely, definitely "unique" visual effects. It doesn't even seem like a tryptamine at lowish doses. Like visuals that aren't like a ..typical "tryptaminish" type, or anything like PEA's. Just unique..

This one seems more suited for the "fun" catagory, or "easy", a tool, just not "super serious". Now, i am talking on the low end dose range here, for me that seems to be like 2-12mg. I haven't taken more than that and i would guess it can get pretty "damn serious" on higher levels. But i've got plenty of other great things for "serious" stuff, i like this at the doses i've done, mostly enjoy the lower ones like 4-5-6mg though.

So maybe i got one of the "good" batches with less side effects, or, i'm just me and sometimes I do react quite differently to these things. 5-meo-dmt for example, I read all the "trips to HELL" stories and finally got some and tried it, and that stuff is just about the best there is.. total opposite of a "body load", my mind and body actually feel more like i've taken a wonderful, healthy vitamin, or healthy food, ...something like that, my body says "thanks" :)

now, I've smoked 5-MeO-DMT a bunch, and have been avidly interested in this chemical, although skeptical of trying it yet. I've heard various reports of ingesting it, and it definately seems promising aside from the nausea and body load. But, my question is what are peoples' experiences smoking it, cause I would think it would have a strong, unique effect, as with 5-MeO-DMT, although they are completely different chems. Any experience reports of smoking 5-MeO-AMT anyone can provide me???

Not smoked, but smelled

I've never smoked any, but I've heated up a knife blade (used as a spatula to transfer to scale for weighing) that had some on, and it smalls hideous. 5-MeO-DMT has an incense like smell when burned/heated, but 5-MeO-AMT just smells horrible.

Good luck at keeping it down!