• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-AMT Thread

5 MeO AMT is wonderful, and i find it usually lasts about 14 to 16 hours for me and everyone else i know who has tried it. i find it hard to believe that some people hate on this chemical so much.

Most recent 5-MeO-AMT experience:

Dosed 10mg 5-MeO-AMT at 5pm...peaked around 8pm...able to sleep, sort of, by 3-4am or so. 11 hours...although I really tried to fall asleep since I was bored, so I'm sure the trip would have lasted considerably longer if there was something to do or someone else awake to talk to.

I've taken this stuff 3 times and not been able to sleep until a full 24 hours later. In one case 36 hours later. Generally, it took a full 3 hours to peak; the peak lasted 9-10 hours; come-down lasted.... forever....

I've tried to knock myself out with booze, but that doesn't work. You're mind still goes a mile a minute. If I had gotten drunker, or popped some barbituates or opiates, I may have been able to acheive the semblance of sleep, but I still would not have been down.

I suggest you do this on a weekend where you have nothing else to do.

i dont think there would be any negative interactions with amphetamine

Be careful there Tathra.. 5-meo-amt has an extreme stimulant effect on the cardiovascular system, so mixing any kind of upper w/ this chemical could give complications in that area.

I honestly would never mix adderall, meth, cocaine or anything similar with this compound. I took a little bit of iprocin with it and even with that had extremely elevated BPM and blood pressure. I can't imagine it being any better with traditional stimulants.

Seriously folks, stay away from this chemical in higher doses and with polydrug using. It has extremely long action in the CNS which implies it may have toxic properties. Just be careful and use a fucking scale!

And to put a rumor to rest, there is no evidence (unless someone can provide a link or book title stating otherwise) of alpha-O-DMS, aka 5-meo-AMT, being an MAOI. Just b/c AMT is an MAOI does not mean its 5-meo counterpart will be. They are two totally different chemicals. So lets not make stupid assumptions.

Even if it is an MAOI, its a very weak one at best.

Last edited:
AlphaO,
I have used 5meo-amt with MAOI's twice. The effect is to change both the character and intensity of the 5-meo-amt experience. 3mg with 200mg of powdered harmala seed extract caused a definite bump up in intensity, and added more nausea and visuals. The visuals were of a darker color and the the headspace was more stoning. So, I think it is safe to hypothetically say (until further reports surface) that 5meo-amt is both broken down by and potentiated by MAO inhibitors. I would guess MAO-A, but I really havent a clue, since I think Peganum harmala extract either only inhibits MAO-A or preferentially inhibits MAO-A. The effects of 3mg of 5meo-amt alone have also never been psychologically active with me.

You are correct...the harmala alkaloids only work on MAO-A. And they are short-term reversable MAO inhibitors. That is why they are appear "safe" to take with phenethylamines. If you took an MAOI that worked on MAO-B and ate a phenethylamine, you could be in for some nasty health issues.

^ ^ ^
Yup MAOI-B inhibitors are the less recreational ones. They don't have any use for combining with psychedelics. Yohimbe is a suspceted weak MAOI-B inhibitor, and i've even heard things about tobacco being a weak one as well. Although that doesn't make much sense..

Hey IndoleKing, i'm glad you've had the courage (or stupidity perhaps is a better word. haha, no offense) to take 5-meo-amt w/ an MAOI. I've never seen nor heard of this being done before. Sounds quite interesting...

Care to write up a report?

On 5-MeO-AMT... I personally have gotten some amazing ++++ experiences, and on a high high high dose (which I do NOT recommend, it reminded me of the 5-MeO-DMT "death"... not fun) what I would have to call a 28 hour +++++ experience... Never again at that dosage.

However, I have found a few things to combat the diarrhea... Ginger root extract (even the candy they sell at vitamin stores so long as its crystalized ginger, not fake crap) combats the nausea quite well and has a nice flavor to it, and drinking Steady Stomach (a tea by Herbal Comfort, a Celestial Seasonings company) helps as well and also seems to help with the diarrhea. Pepto made it worse... and bloody, and so did Immodium AD. But it's not really diarrhea... It's just loose bowels. You CAN fight it and it will go away after about an hour or so. It's not mandatory.

Also, for body load, Emergen-C... I swear by the stuff as do all the friends I've ever given it to. You could substitute plain old Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) tablets for it, but they DO increase the diarrhea effect, wheras Emergen-C doesn't. Not only does Vitamin C seem to help the body load, it boosts your energy levels (5-MeO-AMT is NOT stimulating to me, it's actually quite sedating, I just can't sleep for some reason), and greatly increases the effects.

And 5-MeO-AMT CAN be psychedelic, when used in the right context. I've had experiences that range from pure bliss to sheer hell, depending on dosage, mindset, source (no names), and setting. 5-MeO-AMT is a double-edged sword. She can give you the best experience you've ever had, with minimal body load, or she can give you hell times 50.

I definitely think that this chemical has an addictive side (read my post in Dark Side), and it definitely has some negative effects. But if you use it properly, start out with a low dosage, and are in the perfect setting, it is definitely something that borders amazing.

On a side note, this chemical blew 2C-E out of the water as far as visions go, making my entire visual spectrum not only change color but flow with the consistency of water.

It is worth researching, albeit cautiously.

And MGS, if you can have good experiences with 4-AcO-DET, then you could definitely have a good experience with this.

On a side note, 5-MeO-AMT seems to be drastically synergistic with marijuana. But in a bad way. It can add an edge to the trip, rather than remove, and has been the cause of the two bad trips I've had with it. I say cause because it was about 6 hours into the trip (about 2-3 into the plateau) and suddenly the visuals went from glowing patterns of varied color, to blood dripping down the wall, with eyeballs popping out at me.

I don't recommend pot at all.

And as for being a CNS stimulant. I disagree. It's not stimulating to my heart/blood pressure to any degree, unless I exert myself. And when tripping with 6 of my friends, we all took our pulse and bp (with a monitor) and found them to be normal. And no, we weren't all tripping, we had a sober person who took the measurements.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation about this compound. I seek to correct that.

MagickalKat777 said:
On a side note, 5-MeO-AMT seems to be drastically synergistic with marijuana. But in a bad way. It can add an edge to the trip, rather than remove, and has been the cause of the two bad trips I've had with it.

In my experiences it certainly proved to be very synergistic, but in a good way. Weed can make you edgy, but doesn't have to. Depends on a lot of factors, set & setting, dosage, administration method, how long and how heavy your weed usage is, etc.

I say cause, because it was about 6 hours into the trip (about 2-3 into the plateau) and suddenly the visuals went from glowing patterns of varied color, to blood dripping down the wall

Funny thing is that I had exactly the same thing happening at exactly the same point in the trip..

Was just coming home from a friends house on a 5mg dose 5-MeO-AMT. Sat down on the couch and wanted to turn on the television, but suddenly noticed the wall moving in an awkward way. Big, purple, pixels seemed to be dripping off the wall right above the televison. Was highly entertaining and I sat in awe for about a half an hour.

5-MeO-AMT certainly has some great properties, but not everything about the drug is enjoyable.

Blowmonkey said:
In my experiences it certainly proved to be very synergistic, but in a good way. Weed can make you edgy, but doesn't have to. Depends on a lot of factors, set & setting, dosage, administration method, how long and how heavy your weed usage is, etc.

Funny thing is that I had exactly the same thing happening at exactly the same point in the trip..

Was just coming home from a friends house on a 5mg dose 5-MeO-AMT. Sat down on the couch and wanted to turn on the television, but suddenly noticed the wall moving in an awkward way. Big, purple, pixels seemed to be dripping off the wall right above the televison. Was highly entertaining and I sat in awe for about a half an hour.

5-MeO-AMT certainly has some great properties, but not everything about the drug is enjoyable.

Wow. So I'm not the only one who has experienced that, lol

See, since the last time mixing pot with 5-MeO-AMT, I can't smoke pot anymore. It drops me right in the middle of an anxiety attack and I feel like my heart is off the chart... It reminds me of the anxiety I got on my first breakthrough with 5-MeO-DMT...

Anyway, I just think that MGS would have a good experience on 5-MeO-AMT. My 4-Acetoxy-DET experience was sheer hell and if he can enjoy that compound, then he could definitely enjoy this. The body load on AcO-DET was just like the body load of 5-MeO-AMT, maybe a bit worse. But maybe that's just me.

MagickalKat777 said:
Anyway, I just think that MGS would have a good experience on 5-MeO-AMT.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I really don't see what 4-AcO-DET has to do with 5-MeO-AMT. They sure don't sound alike from any reports I've read.

There are many good trip reports about 5-MeO-AMT, but there are just as many bad ones to match. For the record, the reason 5-MeO-AMT doesn't sound appealing to me is because of the length. I just don't want to spend a possible 16 hours or so with a psychedelic that has so many bad side-effects associated with it for so many of those who take it. I don't like those odds.

I'm not doubting that I may enjoy 5-MeO-AMT. I've read a lot of good (and bad) things about the substance. Many people wrote fantastic write-ups and said they not only had an excellent time, but it was not bad as far as side-effects. But the results are mixed and there seems to be a bad report to match every good one.

Final consensus is that there is no real consensus as far as if 5-MeO-AMT is a "good one" or not. But a consistant thing about 5-MeO-AMT is that sleep is not possible for at least 16 hours for most folks. I'm sure for some, they can get to sleep earlier on 5-MeO-AMT. But for most, it's a long trip. And, again, I just don't want to spend 16 hr or so with a psychedelic that has so many bad side-effects associated with it for so many users who try it.

I haven't ruled out trying 5-MeO-AMT, but it is probably lowest on the list and I doubt I'll ever get to it.

Oh yeah, I really don't like 4-AcO-DET, or 4-Ho-DET. I've had some nice trips with it. But after trying a few other 4-substituted tryptamines, 4-AcO/Ho-DET has gone to bottom of the list. I don't really think anymore that it is all that great.

psych@delic said:
hows about 4.5, i kinda wanna get blown away by this... ive been looking for something intense..... and i like the way alpha-O sounds....

If I came along and told you to take 10mg for your first time, would you? When working with these largely unknown psychedelics, especially one that seems as erratic as 5-MeO-AMT, wouldn't it be best if you read everything there is and made your own decision?

There have been enough people for whom 3mg of 5-MeO-AMT proved to be plenty for a full dosage. There are now a lot of reports scatttered about the web and it is possible to get a rough estimate of what is a good starter dosage. Or in the case of 5-MeO-AMT, that a good starter dose is always a low one beause of the erratic action and dosage needed.

Three friends of mine not only thought 3mg was plenty, but one didn't like the drug at all and was happy when it was all over. He seemed to be more sensitive to the side-effects, and not the psychedelic effects. And I've read quite a few other reports to where 3mg or maybe 4mg was plenty for a +3. It definitely is wise to only start off with a small amount because you just never know.

Rather than wait for someone else to validate your quick decisions, you should just make an informed one that needs no one's validation. I think even though little is known about this drug, it is safe to say that enough people have found that even tiny dosages can be very strong. You can always take more another time if 3mg doesn't take you to where you are going to go.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Make sure you report back. Good luck.

Well, I find 5-MeO-AMT to be a very enjoyable drug, once the body fuck passes. It reminds me of taking a high dose of MDMA, with the visuals of 2C-E, and the mind-fuck of the lysergics. It is quite pleasurable once you get over the first few hours. Most people horribly exaggerate the side effects.

I can't blame them though. Most of them weren't responsible with it in the first place. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
After my experience with 16mg of this compound last night, I take back my rants about how wonderful it is... My mind was completely smashed, I completely went deaf for about 4 1/2 hours, still haven't slept (I feel like I'm on some really long lasting tweak. I dosed about 25 hours ago and still feel it), my head hurts like hell, and my nose started bleeding.

Now, my nose never bleeds. But it has from this chemical twice. And my blood doesn't seem to want to clot either. And no, I didn't insufflate it. I don't insufflate ANY compound. My nose continued to bleed for about 15 minutes straight, I turned 4 cotton balls completely red and thought about going to the hospital.

I calmed myself down and then meditated on healing it, after which it slowly stopped bleeding, but I can't feel my left nostril, it's completely numb. I hope this isn't permanent.

Further, I had the worst nausea that I've ever had (puked 6 times on an empty stomach, basically dry heaves that were counteracted with water, which caused fluid vomit, not fun), diarrhea the likes I've never seen or heard of before (spending 3 hours of my trip on the toilet every 10 minutes or so, wasn't very fun), got eye wiggles, a migraine right in the top center of my head, my back felt like I had gotten shot, and my chest REALLY hurt.

I had mild tachycardia (121BPM, my average being about 76), trisma (my jaw was clenching so bad that I bit a hole through 4 blankets, not having a pacifier), couldn't breathe well, and basically felt like death. My 5-MeO-DMT experience was honestly more pleasant than this.

And the visuals got so bad that my whole room was a reverberating mass of life, with everything changing color, patterning, lots of color, and some downright scary hallucinations. I saw this really creepy vine come floating off my body and heading straight for my neck, trying to strangle me.

I will NEVER take this compound again, and I think that from this point on, I'm going to begin some entheogenic experiences with 4-AcO-MiPT. This was not fun, not enlightening, not spiritual, not directable, and was physically disasterous. Not to be repeated ever again. Not by me, not by anyone.

I disposed of the other 432mg I had, and will NEVER order this compound again.

Wow, 16mg?

I took 5mg (my usual dose) and ended up catatonic. Maybe i'm just super-sensitive to 5-meo-amt but I can't even imagine how horrible 16mg would be.

Paranoia gets really bad for me at times and the visuals almost always end up on the morbid side (flesh decaying, rotting corpse crawling up my body, etc.) and some of the worst headaches you can imagine.

22.5mg is my normal... Between 22.5 and 25mg. 16mg really shouldn't have affected me the way it did!

Hmmmm

It seems like 5-MeO- AMT may be one of the least popular psychedelic compounds out there, least that's the impression I get from reading about it- that not many people particularly enjoy it.

But I gotta tell ya that I love this stuff and it has always been one of my personal favorites. The diarrhea at the start is definitely a drag, but then again I've had an unusually sensitive stomach since I was a kid and have gastric problems all the time, so it's not like this is anything new for me. %) I could see tho how people unused to having gastric upsets could have a real problem with this. I have problems with the diarrhea for at the most an hour or so, then the GI upsets just completely recede.

Overall it just produces an exceedingly pleasant state for me, I'd dare to even call it lovely. Introspective, somewhat dreamy, extremely relaxed. Light, *pretty* visuals, some definite perceptual shifts- bending, warping, breathing of objects. I could easily be out in public on this, but for me it's much better done at home where I have ready access to a toilet when needed, and besides this compound induces a pretty solitary state of mind. Music sounds particularly gorgeous- 16 Horsepower + 5-MeO-AMT equals my own particular brand of bliss but really I find it enhances whatever music I'm listening to. Marijuana is also very well-received and definitely plays an effect in kicking-off and potentiating the visual effects.

One effect I've noticed every time is that this stuff seems to kick my salivary glands into overdrive. I mean I produce a LOT of spit.

I ingested 6 milligrams 3 hours ago. It's very very foggy outside, I mean the air is literally laden with moisture as if some joking god had decided to overturn a cosmic waterglass over the whole seaside. I can see the beams of light playing off the billions of little water droplets hovering in the air, fractals, and rainbows chasing each other so joyously like children. Holy fuck it's beautiful, just indescribable. Makes me a bit sad that I can't accurately describe this but that's just the way it is, there's no possible way words can ever fuckin capture true beauty.

I dunno. It's always felt to me like coming home to a very old and dear friend, a friend who can be kind of pain sometimes what with the diarrhea and all, but still a friend you love and are always happy to see. And on that note, I'm gonna go be with my friend. :)

Cheers-

Its my second favorite. the headache it comes with is the only thing thats keeping me from liking it more. How often do u trip general anesthetic? I too feel that it is quite euphoric, i will often find my self smiling or cracking up for no reason when im in public. my favorite means of consumption is smoking, because it has the shortest duration. 2 mgs. max for a nice trip, but be careful if u try it, it takes a while to come on, even this way.

I try to keep my tripping to a minimum, christopher. That just makes them way more special to me, and it would be the utmost drag to become so jaded or burnt-out that you fail to appreciate the beauty of it anymore.

I hear ya all about the euphoria, as I have been sporting the world's goofiest grin for about the past 3 hours or so. :)

Cheers-