• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

New Triggering Post Guideline for Social Threads - PLEASE READ BEFORE Posting (as of Apr 27 2021)

thank you ,
That link is so Powerful!
I have PTSD from Cancer TX and battle opiate dependence/Addiction

To echo what herby already said, it's absolutely okay to discuss those types of things. As she said, it's actually encouraged! Legitimate medications are a huge part of the recovery process, and about living with psychiatric conditions.

Thanks for the courtesy of asking :)

Much love,

~ Vaya
Is it ok to ask questions about Suboxone, in terms of my recovery? I am on this medication and seeing addiction doc- want to find out more about how others are doing with this kind of treatment etc.

Is it ok to ask questions about Suboxone, in terms of my recovery? I am on this medication and seeing addiction doc- want to find out more about how others are doing with this kind of treatment etc.
I don't have a problem with it.. there are already a ton of threads of people discussing it, I think it'd be a good idea to get some feedback. Health and Recovery is also a good place to talk about that kind of thing as well.

These rules have been updated, discussion of substances is allowed in Social threads, as long as posts follow the 'No Glorification' rule.

would trigger warnings like this be an appropriate solution for telling a story where some positive subjective effects are needed for context while reducing the harm potential?

Edit: there's a spoiler above me.

would trigger warnings like this be an appropriate solution for telling a story where some positive subjective effects are needed for context while reducing the harm potential?

Edit: there's a spoiler above me.
There is a difference between glorification and simply speaking on something subjectively positive. It doesn't have to be all negative to be in TDS, just as long as there's no glorification you're fine, a trigger warning could be beneficial for some, but there's no hard rule on when to use them.