• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Post Your Best Mindfulness Resources and Experiences

Always on arylcylohexylamines and by a lake in a county park. Or on a bicycle.

Thich Nat Hahm - the master
Start with miracle of mindfulness.

I've begun working with a meditation teacher who is a Soto Zen Buddhist, so my primary focus is mindfulness, breath meditation, and paying attention to the precepts; right thought, right action, right speech, etc. (I'm not even sure if I've got it right that those are the precepts, but they're something! I'm taking in a lot of information and he says not to trip on the details.) I've been doing this for a couple of months, not especially well, because I probably have a bit of adult ADD and don't focus all that well, but it's kind of amazing what it's doing even at this shallow level. I had a lot of household and paperwork chores to do today and usually I have 5 or 6 things going at once and I'm rushing around like an idiot. Today I really focused on doing one task at a time, not hurrying to get to the next and not beginning the next until the first was completely done with everything put away. It was amazing how much more peace of mind I have than a typical day doing the same things. At the end of each, I'd go something like, "Ah, this task is done," and give it a bow. Feels a bit silly still, but works...

Also, it kind of started me feeling a bit guilty--that's not the right word, but will have to do--over the rants I do on my political sites. I tend to let things really overrun my positivity and after about an hour of Facebook, with whatever my opponents have done or said today, as the corporate news media is ready to spoon-feed me, I'm frothing at the mouth and looking for somebody to bite. So I've really been working on my responses and keeping my center, and if I start to get crazy, taking a break and perhaps doing a short meditation before responding. And when it becomes all too much, just turning it off! I tend to forget that I do have that power. Anyway, it's really helping. Ram Dass, one of my favorite author/teachers, says he put a picture of Trump on his altar to remind him that if he's praying for the benefit of all sentient beings, that has to include even him. None of this is huge, by itself, of course, but the change inside me because of the little bit I'm doing is really powerful. Namaste

I usually eat when I do when swim is off his half a suboxone a day and five bar it a dayy habbit. Swim has a love for Methadone and morphine he has been taking morphine for several weeks now off and on on a 300 mg dose of MS Contin he has found 11 old school methadone 10mg coffins laying around and was wondering if the two together mixed would be Bliss because methadone is swims favorite all-time favorite drug but would it just knock out the warm morphine feeling he is having now please get back to me soon because these methadone are eating a hole in swims brain or pocket I should say thank you

This probably isn't the best place on here for this topic, but it's the mods that are in charge of that. I just wanted to respond that, in my experience, which was lengthy when it was ongoing, that while methadone might lengthen the high of morphine as it's longer lasting, I've always found it overpowers any other full-agonist opiate--morphine, heroin, etc.--so I'm not surprised it knocks off the euphoria from other drugs. I'd definitely do them separately. Probably you don't really need the warning that adding methadone to any other drug or drug combo is extremely dangerous, giving its' propensity for lasting so long in the body and depressing the respiration so much more than others as well. It's one of the drugs that, when people overdose and die, is often included in whatever combination they have onboard. It's a bit of a wicked drug in that regard, IMO. I'm surprised that you can still get high over your Suboxone dose. Do you have to take them on separate days or not? I've been on Sub since I quit the rest--9 years next month--and I didn't have much luck getting another opiate to go over it. I'm not trying anymore, but when I first got on it, hey, doesn't everybody check it out once or twice? Anyway, glad that you are here. Namaste%)

Anything by Ram Dass, especially his old standard Be Here Now, also Susan Salzberg.

Wow... dealing with anxiety.
Guess my source of anxiety is basically walking out my door for any reason.
Example:
Workday... I wake up between 5-7 AM. Brush teeth, wash face, bathroom, feed the feral kittens outside (this actually helps "ground" me for the day), take a shower and watch a bit of news. Around 9 AM my anxiety starts building as it is almost time to to head to work. I drop and knock out 20 push-ups and stretch (about 1 minute of exertion). When done I hit the door fairly at peace and ready to rip a new one in the days obstacles.
I do drink some tea that helps with energy (as I just hate the coffee jitters) and pain (hate the fogginess and constipation of opi), yet the anxiety I have to deal with and do fairly well (love benzos but not the "hook" they have).
Tried many types of meditation but found that I am mostly in a perpetual state of a form of mediation (unless snatched away by aggression [straight-up, passive or otherwise] of others > then it's stomach cramps from adrenaline and only time can dissipate that).
I still need an a** of help with controlling my emotions but fear of being a medical-zombie stays off any desire to seek help from Dr. Feelgood. Still looking for answers within....

Edit: I look for answers here as well as elsewhere... just does not resonate unless inline with my inner touch-stone.

Last edited:
I still need an a** of help with controlling my emotions but fear of being a medical-zombie stays off any desire to seek help from Dr. Feelgood. Still looking for answers within....

Give yourself a warm hug for trusting that you have the wisdom inside that you need. Life is a process of accessing it and that can be as exciting as it is sometimes tedious.<3

Re-Edit Reboot

Thank you. Sometimes I feel a bit freakish but grounded. I got this from a rock (mineral stone ). In a bad place physically and mentally.... I held the rock when sleeping. It took me around the universe and back. It came from me and returned. We are made from the same source and it is all connected. We are living a small snap-shot in "time": Enjoy it. Since maybe 18 years old nothing is that huge of a deal in perspective. Gave me a new understanding of the old quote "[paraphrased] Don't look over there for answers... the kingdom of heaven is within".

Last edited:
Whatever it takes to live a life worth living. 35+years of hard addiction.
You have to want to live, and to live a different way. It takes some work, working at Recovery and having a God of my understand, being spiritually fit, people help people. Show up and suite up! #4GodNRecovery peeps prayers up!

I found mindfulness about a year ago, I do it every day regardless of what's going on. Mindfulness and CBT are my two greatest tools to make it through the day in one piece. I'm a combat vet, mindfulness helps so much. And I will definitely be back to this thread to try y'alls methods out! Thank y'all and keep up the fight ❤

I think I should hold off on this for now. But you better know I have more than a few. Best to pick one if you ask me and go all the way with it.

getting stuck into photoshop is a winner. I can play with their colours til dusk meets dawn.

Perhaps, more suited for relax & sleep.
Personally, this is what I nod to.
🌚💛

For me best techniques I got off a yoga teacher are

- observe your thoughts. thoughts are basically just words. Let em come, let them wash over you with detachment.
-be in your body. Be conscious of how you're inhabiting your body. This is not only breathing - which is important - but awareness of things like your posture, how you are sitting/standing/lying. If you're anxious often you'll unconsciously be in an uncomfortable posture or stance.
- remember that there really isn't any "time" except the moment you're in. The past is just a memory: the future doesn't exist. There's only ever now. That's all any of us have got.

For me best techniques I got off a yoga teacher are

- observe your thoughts. thoughts are basically just words. Let em come, let them wash over you with detachment.
-be in your body. Be conscious of how you're inhabiting your body. This is not only breathing - which is important - but awareness of things like your posture, how you are sitting/standing/lying. If you're anxious often you'll unconsciously be in an uncomfortable posture or stance.
- remember that there really isn't any "time" except the moment you're in. The past is just a memory: the future doesn't exist. There's only ever now. That's all any of us have got.

Good post. I'll try to keep some of this in mind.

Good post. I'll try to keep some of this in mind.
no worries! hope it helps ...am maybe not explaining it as well as yoga teacher! but even though I've never been much of a one for yoga these things helped me. it's important, she said, to not imagine your mind and body are separate: it's surprising how much it helps to consciously inhabit your body (as opposed to lugging it around like a burden, which I've often been inclined to do when depressed)