• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

Chael Sonnen (UFC) - TOP 25 Quotes of ALL TIME

He's irritating but pure entertainment.

Shogun/vera, ben henderson/edgar 2 and jones/dan henderson all coming up. So ready.

Does Hendo have the ability to take out Jones? I'm thinking it's unlikely, would LOVE to see hendo land a huge h bomb on jones' smug face though.

Does Hendo have the ability to take out Jones? I'm thinking it's unlikely, would LOVE to see hendo land a huge h bomb on jones' smug face though.

Old lion v young lion. I'm thinking Hendo retires after this match but I think he has 1 fight left on his contract. I dont see Hendo getting close enough to land his big right unless he is willing to get clipped with elbows to go for it. You never know though, Hendo is a savvy dude.

I think nearly all MMA fighters of today SUCK at standing up fight. If they keep up exchangin punches and dont go to the ground, the fight gets INCREDIBLY boring.

well its a lot harder when u have to worry about lots of different things where as in boxing you only have to worry about boxing.

UFC 149 was definitely lackluster. Lombard didnt really show up and Faber got a little bit schooled. The Kongo fight was very tough to watch. The Clements-Riddle fight was the best on the main card for sure. That arm-neck choke was great by Riddle.

And I'd have to disagree with the judges in the Lombard-Boetsch fight. The split decision was okay but maybe a draw would have been a better outcome. I didnt see Boetsch do anything to win (Lombard either for that matter) but the scoring system is always a little suspect in any UFC fight. All Boetsch did was land a few front kicks and all his takedowns got stuffed right away. Lombard wasnt exactly pushing the fight to him but he did appear to have ring control throughout. Oh well, the whole card kind of stunk except for a few fights (Riddle, Jimmo and Caraway).

Last edited:
over and over again diaz just let him to what he wanted and he did nothing about it.

Dana White already said no way silva vs. diaz is happening anyway

UFC 150.....good card from the beginning to end.

Guillard v Cerrone was 76 seconds of awesome.

Edgar v Henderson: at first I did not agree with the decision but now after nearly 24 hours, I think it was about right. Edgar fought great, as did Henderson, but I think where Edgar came up short is not pushing the fight to Henderson. Edgar countered just about everything that was thrown and kicked at him but countering means you are waiting for action from the other guy. On the other hand, Henderson did not do a lot to separate himself from his challenger either and I think that is why this was a split decision. It could have gone either way and perhaps a draw would have been the best outcome. However, I'm used to seeing Henderson pushing the fight and maybe him knowing Edgar can counter him well, he was playing it a little cautious.

Its over now and perhaps Nate Diaz is the challenger that Henderson needs to fire up his fight style again. We all know Nate will push the fight and I certainly hope Henderson has not changed his style now that he has the belt.

Cerrone fight was great, one of those jump out of your seat moments.

It annoyed me how Edgar didn't pick up the pace in the last round. I never understand why fighters don't go militant for a KO in the last round if they've lost the previous ones, which Edgar had imo.

was a really close fight. I scored rounds 1, 3, and 4 for Henderson and Frankie rounds 2 and 5.

Next up.....Rowdy Ronda's first title defense.

And Cyborg is chirping at her now too.

ugh, UFC might be bringing in womens fights. I really just cant watch the womens fighting it just isnt exciting to me. every womens fight on the cards will just be the intermissions for me i guess.

I think this will do more bad than good for the UFC.

I dont mind watching women's MMA even though at times it is a grind to watch. But, some of the recent UFC events have been at best average lately and when you get "lay n prayers" in there it slows what otherwise would be a good event down. I dont think Dana White will bring women into the Octagon until he knows their talent pool is at a good enough level for it to remain viable for a while. He definitely sees a star in Rousey and is probably trying his damnedest to get Rousey & Cyborg as the very first women's UFC match.

how could he turn down Chael Sonnen? He is just the same as dan henderson only chael sonnen cant strike.

Yeah I don't know. But for me it's just another reason to dislike Jon Jones, he's arguable the best pound for pound fighter in the world and he can't man up and take a fight on late notice :/

Anyway, Jones is going to fight Vitor Belfort on September 22.