• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

His bro plays for the Ravens so he's cool with me.

I would love to see someone smash GSP's little face in. Probably have to wait about another year for him to even fight. What a joke

I bet it will be condit...but it is more likely to be a slick sub than a KO.

I like george...he has been a great champ and an even better embassitor for the sport.

Overeem tests positive

What a jackass. Dana White is understandably upset and now the Overeem detractors have proof of what they suspected in him since he became dominant several years ago. I'm not shocked by this it all but this is not good news for UFC and MMA coming up to a big stretch of events.

Interesting about Overeem testing positive, he did look pretty ripped haha.

As far as who can beat Jones, no one in his division IMO. I just think he's the optimal fighter for his weight class, both his physical build, as well as his abilities and instincts / intelligence make him the best. It's true, Lyoto did better against him than anyone else, but then what happened? he got freaking brutally turned off and dropped on his face like a rag doll...

And Evans, honestly Evans is one of my favorite fighters in the division besides jones, he just has a super athletic build and a really interesting style of fighting.

BUT, he barely pulled out against rampage, rampage almost beat him senseless in the corner before Evans won by decision.

Comparing that to what Jones did to rampage, which is literally beat him into submission and choke him out, it doesn't look good for Evans.

But Evans is really smart, so who knows, it'll be alot of fun to watch! I bet he'll try more of his 'get in and out really fast' explosiveness that he used against rampage. As others said, Lyoto had some success in the first round against Jones with that tactic, before he was brutally pwnd by jones. Also, someone needs to try to kick Jones' legs more, according to joe rogan haha

Overeem tests positive

What a jackass. Dana White is understandably upset and now the Overeem detractors have proof of what they suspected in him since he became dominant several years ago. I'm not shocked by this it all but this is not good news for UFC and MMA coming up to a big stretch of events.

yeah, it was a matter of when overeem was gonna get caught. He went from a complete stick to this massive guy in a couple years.

As far as who can beat Jones, no one in his division IMO. I just think he's the optimal fighter for his weight class, both his physical build, as well as his abilities and instincts / intelligence make him the best. It's true, Lyoto did better against him than anyone else, but then what happened? he got freaking brutally turned off and dropped on his face like a rag doll...

And Evans, honestly Evans is one of my favorite fighters in the division besides jones, he just has a super athletic build and a really interesting style of fighting.

BUT, he barely pulled out against rampage, rampage almost beat him senseless in the corner before Evans won by decision.

Comparing that to what Jones did to rampage, which is literally beat him into submission and choke him out, it doesn't look good for Evans.

But Evans is really smart, so who knows, it'll be alot of fun to watch! I bet he'll try more of his 'get in and out really fast' explosiveness that he used against rampage. As others said, Lyoto had some success in the first round against Jones with that tactic, before he was brutally pwnd by jones. Also, someone needs to try to kick Jones' legs more, according to joe rogan haha

Also, Rashad will have an advantage that Jones' previous opponents didn't have, that he has trained with him before. Whether it'll be enough to win him the fight is yet to be seen of course.

Sucks about Reem. Let's hope he doesn't get pulled from 146...

I say that, but does he even deserve to fight JDS if it turns out he's on roids? I'm gonna say no.

Last edited:
Also, Rashad will have an advantage that Jones' previous opponents didn't have, that he has trained with him before. Whether it'll be enough to win him the fight is yet to be seen of course.

Sucks about Reem. Let's hope he doesn't get pulled from 146...

I say that, but does he even deserve to fight JDS if it turns out he's on roids? I'm gonna say no.

he's already out of 146 and possibly the UFC.

Is that confirmed? I'm pretty sure we won't for know until he has his hearing on the 24th.

I'm not completely bummed that I'll likely be missing the Evans-Jones fight tomorrow (because of awesome late season snow) but I'm fairly certain it will be a fight of the year candidate. If Jones wins, he may not lose again at LH. But if Evans wins, it cements him as one of the best in UFC history and brings Jones back down a few notches and gives everyone in the division some measure of hope.

edit: Oops, next weekend. hehe

Last edited:
Jones is officially the man now. Silva and GSP are still great but Bones is the future (for the immediate future anyway) of the UFC. I dont see him losing to anyone in the LH division. If Silva beats Sonnen, GSP beats Condit and Bones beats Hendo, I think it is time for Dana to have the superfights in 2013 (GSP v Silva, Jones v Silva). Otherwise, who can challenge them really.

McDonald and MacDonald were both really impressive.

Ben Rothwell looked the best I've ever seen him fight.

Brendan Schaubs chin has always been a joke. He just jabbed him and he was out cold. Rothwell was in WAY better shape than before though i'll give him that

It's a shame Rashad lost. He's from my shitty little city so everyone here was rooting for him. He's a nice dude.

FUN FACT: I dated his sister for awhile. =D

She actually turned out to be one of the biggest whores in the city. I'm sure nobody tells Rashad that though!

Diaz finished Miller with a sick guillotine.

Johnson pounded Barry out.

Koschek lost a close one to Hendricks.

Belcher comes back to the Octagon with a great technical KO.

Overall, great UFC on Fox event. This was good for the sport and for attracting new fans.

Johny Hendricks is my fav fighter so i may be a little biased but with his beastly wrestling to keep the fight standing up and his crazy KO power i think hes got the best chance to beast GSP out of anybody in the welterweight division. With that fight hes guaranteed a title fight with the winner of gsp vs. condit. it all depends if he wants to wait for it or not and right now it seems like he will wait.

Johny Hendricks is my fav fighter so i may be a little biased but with his beastly wrestling to keep the fight standing up and his crazy KO power i think hes got the best chance to beast GSP out of anybody in the welterweight division. With that fight hes guaranteed a title fight with the winner of gsp vs. condit. it all depends if he wants to wait for it or not and right now it seems like he will wait.

I guess we are all waiting on GSP's knee and now Dominic Cruz's knee as well.

Korean Zombie with a great sub finish. If he can work on his conditioning he may actually be a good challenge to Aldo.

JDS by ko in the 3rd. I don't think we should underestimate Mir too much though. The moment the fight goes to the ground, if it does, Mir will pretty much destroy.