⫸STICKY⫷ "name changes: a one time perk for a $25 donation" thread

I confess to reading this thread, simply because it amuses me to see just how many ways different people can ask the same question, yet expect a different response because, of course, previous answers only apply to other people. :)

Mods, you do a great job remaining professional, polite, and succinct. (Although, I imagine while typing said polite response, you are probably thinking something quite different lol)

Anyway, to all reading, smile. It ain't all that serious...

who's being ridiculous? it takes you much more effort to write all these threads than to simply walk away.

a ban does not delete any of your posts. a ban just removes your access to your bl account. the same net effect results if you follow the directions in the greelighters guide to which i linked you earlier. again, it requires no more effort on your part than you have expended writing the 3 posts in this thread and it requires absolutely zero effort by the staff of bluelight.

if you wish to remove posts in closed threads (which the ban you so diligently seek would not achieve), a polite request to the staff of the relevant forum(s) normally does the trick. hint: be nice as you're asking them a favour and they're under absolutely no obligation to help you.

alasdair

note, my post #85 is a response to a post which has now been deleted (in case you're wondering to whom i am talking :) )

alasdair

So wh'os fucking cock do I have to suck to get a ban around here?

Any of you cunts know?

Just change your e-mail address and your password to gibberish. Grats! Your acct is disabled.

Haha, I tried to commit Bluelight suicide and I lived, guess that means Im fucking immortal!

This is appalling..WHY IS IT NOT POSSIBLE TO DELETE AN ACCOUNT? Is it because your government wants to spy on everybody???????? And it's no good saying "We didn't ask you to sign up". The point is you didn't tell us that if we did we couldn't close our account once we had. DUUUUH! Anyway, tell me what i have to do to get banned and I'll do it........Catch up guys on whats happening in the real internet world.......Cyber bullying and data protection???

"Again, this is the user's responsibility. No one forced you to register and no one is forcing you to leave" BOLLICKS.............

This is TOTAL bullshit.......The point is they didn't tell us that if we did sign up we couldn't close our account once we had. This place is run by total WANKERS.....

This is appalling..WHY IS IT NOT POSSIBLE TO DELETE AN ACCOUNT? Is it because your government wants to spy on everybody???????? And it's no good saying "We didn't ask you to sign up". The point is you didn't tell us that if we did we couldn't close our account once we had. DUUUUH! Anyway, tell me what i have to do to get banned and I'll do it........Catch up guys on whats happening in the real internet world.......Cyber bullying and data protection???

Who is our government?

I don't really see a benefit in trying to get banned. You can just delete your 5 posts and be done with the site, so I don't see any advantage to being temporarily banned for a while, which is all that would happen if you were to start breaking rules.

^This place is run by volunteers, who already have a lot to do without deleting all the posts of users who are usually high. Volunteers who probably are not made more inclined to help you by your calling them total WANKERS.... you can delete your 5 posts yourself, and then change your password and e-mail so the account is inaccessible. What more do you hope to achieve by "closing" your account?

"Again, this is the user's responsibility. No one forced you to register and no one is forcing you to leave" BOLLICKS.............

This is TOTAL bullshit.......The point is they didn't tell us that if we did sign up we couldn't close our account once we had. This place is run by total WANKERS.....
so i'm a wanker and it's my fault you made an assumption?

there's information on leaving bluelight here: http://wiki.bluelight.ru/index.php/Greenlighters_guide#Leaving_Bluelight

alasdair

i took the time to delete all my posts, i had around 160 posts and the only ones i couldnt are the ones in closed threads, its refreshing.

oh and, why when i try and search for my posts does the search only show 37 posts when i have 91?

^ if you pm forum staff with links to the posts in closed threads along with a polite request for help, they'll usually delete them for you.

regarding the disconnect between the posts you can find and your postcount, threads in which you posted may have been deleted or pruned in which case the post is gone but your post count reflects that you once made it.

alasdair

What about merging accounts?

For example, a person registers an account as Bluelighter A. He posts and does his thing for years. Bluelighter A forgets his old log in details or is banned unfortunately. This person registers a new account down the road as Bluelighter B. Bluelighter B posts, does his thing, and becomes a moderator. Blueligher B wants the Bluelighter A account merged with his to keep track of his history but doesn't want to be known as Bluelighter A, he wants to maintain his new Bluelighter B account name due to having a more refined and less controversial identity than his previous incarnation .

Can this sorcery done?