⫸STICKY⫷ "name changes: a one time perk for a $25 donation" thread

we don't require you to use your real name or give out any personal information. as long as you are smart about what you post, it is fairly hard to track someone down.

furthermore, you are always free to delete your posts. we just won't do it for you.

How do I delete my account?

You can't.

FAQ said:
For personal reasons I need to cease all contact with the site and never return. How do I leave Bluelight?

Go to your UserCP and modify your profile to remove all personal details. While changing your profile, choose "No" to receiving all types of email messages. Review your thread subscriptions and be sure to unsubscribe from everything. That way you will not be contacted again about anything relating to Bluelight. Be sure to log out and remove all Bluelight-related bookmarks from your computer. Congratulations, you are no longer a Bluelighter.

But what about my posts? Can the administrators delete all of my posts for me?

No, we will not delete all of your posts. Everyone is free to manually delete or edit their own posts. It is the user's responsibility to take care of their own business. Do not expect the administrators to solve your problems for you.

Why won't you delete my account for me?

Again, this is the user's responsibility. No one forced you to register and no one is forcing you to leave.

No, but you don't understand! This is an emergency!

Our experience has shown that most of these requests come in the middle of some, possibly drug-induced moment of paranoia. If you're worried about what you've posted here, take some time away from the computer. Maybe it will seem like less of a problem the next day.

I don't think they will delete accounts.
However, You can manually delete all 4 of your posts.

Leaving behind an empty username.

Do it quick though. Before the police find out!

Your only posts on this forum are of you asking for your account to be deleted, and you have been given the same answer each time by numerous people.
Here's a recap for you in case you have lost track of the threads.
please delete my acct;
Please Delete My Account;
and my personal favorite,
please delete...my account

Consider this an official warning that if you start another thread or make another post asking for your account to be deleted we will delete your account you will receive an infraction.

Of course you can change your name. From what I remember, forums such as this allow admins to change the names of users quite easily. I'm not an admin though :p

^incorrect, we don't allow name changes for non-staff.

you can create a new account and abandon your old one if you want. but you are only allowed to use one account. if both accounts are active, you run the risk of one or both of your accounts being banned.

This is covered in this section of the Greenlighters Guide/Bluelight FAQ.

BL FAQ said:
How do I change my Screen Name (SN), Login Name, User ID, or Email?

By TheLoveBandit

When you register, you create your Screen Name (SN), which is also refrered to as a Login Name or User ID. At the time you create this you are deciding what name all the other members will know you as and how they will refer to you. If you later decide you would like to change this name you will need to re-register with a new account.

If you choose to register a new name, you should abandon the earlier login name as per the Bluelight User Agreement (BLUA) which prohibits multiple login names (aka alter-egos). Do not register a second account just to harass another member.

If you want to use the exact same email address for your next account, you will have to edit the profile of the old account. The system is dependent on one email address per SN. Go to "User CP" at the top, then click the tab for "EDIT PROFILE" and change that email address to a less used email address (you might even use a bogus address, since you won't need that account anymore). Then you can use your preferred email address when registering the new account.

If you need to change your email address, just follow the procedure outlined above. The system will send an email to the new account to let you know that it was changed.

Last edited:
^incorrect, we don't allow name changes for non-staff.

you can create a new account and abandon your old one if you want. but you are only allowed to use one account. if both accounts are active, you run the risk of one or both of your accounts being banned.

Rawwwwrrr!

umm, this site's policy is to not allow name changes. I don't care what other vB sites do

Of course you can change your name. From what I remember, forums such as this allow admins to change the names of users quite easily. I'm not an admin though :p

Actually, you are the one that is incorrect. Because I did not mean this website in particular, but the type of forum it is - Vbulletin to be precise.

:p

Oh, so by "forums such as this" you meant VBulletin forums in general but not BL, and when you said "I'm not an admin though" you meant your not an admin of one of the other VBulletin forums you were referencing? I don't think that the OP would have read it that way and I don't think that they would have posted in the Support forum here on Bluelight to ask if they can change their name on a different forum, so you might want to be more specific next time you give advice regarding policy on other forums.

Haha, you two are funny. I'm only messing around. I realized after I made my first response that it probably sounded confusing.

does the bl software support the changing of user names? yes
will the bl staff do it for you? no

alasdair