⫸STICKY⫷ "name changes: a one time perk for a $25 donation" thread

There is no way to delete your account, from the BL FAQ and the Greenlighters Guide posted at the giant green box at the top of the screen:
Bluelight FAQ: How do I delete my account & posts?

You can't delete your account. But you can delete your own posts... one at a time. Use the search engine to show all posts created by yourself, open each one, and click the 'edit' button next to each one. The delete option is there, and from that point onwards you'll know what to do. You're awesome enough to be reading this FAQ, so I have every faith in you.

However, your general awesomeness does not extend to deleting posts in closed or archived threads. The board software does not allow users to edit or remove their contributions when a thread is closed or archived. As such, you'll need to PM the forum moderators and ask them to do it. If you've already deleted the bulk of your other posts, the moderators should do this for you - although it remains at their discretion. If you get no joy via this route, feel free to report the posts in question and bring it to the attention of other staff members.

Greenlighters Guide: Leaving Bluelight

For personal reasons I need to cease all contact with the site and never return. How do I leave Bluelight?

Go to Settings (link in the top menu bar) and modify your profile to remove all personal details. While changing your profile, choose "No" to receiving all types of email messages. Review your thread subscriptions and be sure to unsubscribe from everything. That way you will not be contacted again about anything relating to Bluelight. Be sure to log out and remove all Bluelight-related bookmarks from your computer. Congratulations, you are no longer a Bluelighter.

But what about my posts? Can the administrators delete all of my posts for me?

No, we will not delete all of your posts. Everyone is free to manually delete or edit their own posts. It is the user's responsibility to take care of their own business. Do not expect the administrators to solve your problems for you. (In rare circumstances we will delete posts in closed threads, because you are unable to delete them yourself. But only if those posts are potentially incriminating or dangerous for you. And please, ask nicely; we're doing you a favour).

Why won't you delete my account for me?

Again, this is the user's responsibility. No one forced you to register and no one is forcing you to leave.

No, but you don't understand! This is an emergency!

Our experience has shown that most of these requests come in the middle of some, possibly drug-induced, moment of paranoia. If you're worried about what you've posted here, take some time away from the computer. Maybe it will seem like less of a problem the next day.

I had to cross out a few things since I had to go and get that for you when you should have read it yourself ;)

You can't delete your account. Refer to Fizzles post for a more detailed answer to your question.

delete my acct asap

Please explain to me how I delete my account and get out of here? I would like to be cancelled as quickly as possible. I don't care about my posts or my blogs. I just want to be separated from BL and all affiliated people.

I'm so sorry to hear that! I really hope you reconsider, you've been a valuable asset to our community for some time now, I had no idea anything was wrong. Unfortunately there is no way to delete your account, you can change the email and pw to some bogus one but thats about the only way to actually lock yourself out, and I would strongly suggest you dont go that route. I really hope this is something that will pass. :(

ugly! Don't let the Loungers get to you. You are pretty freakin awesome poster in SLR. *hugs*

Please explain to me how I delete my account and get out of here? I would like to be cancelled as quickly as possible. I don't care about my posts or my blogs. I just want to be separated from BL and all affiliated people.

Cancelled? You can't be cancelled, hun. Seeing how many posts you have, I think the best option would be to change your password to some random numbers and letters so you can't remember the password and sequentially can't log back in.

Also, you know we can't just delete your account.

I have to say goodbye.

Well I notced I really hardly dont share any opninions with the useres sense I am kinda against drugs because what they have done to me/others... No one every agress on the point that all drugs can be damageging and to tell you the truth its really not a thing a 15 year old should be discussing with others...

I'm way to young for this account and the more postive things I read about drugs the more I want to try them so Mods please do me the favor and delete my accont or tell me how to thank you :)

Goodbye
lars <3

BL FAQ/Greenlighters Guide said:
For personal reasons I need to cease all contact with the site and never return. How do I leave Bluelight?

Go to your UserCP and modify your profile to remove all personal details. While changing your profile, choose "No" to receiving all types of email messages. Review your thread subscriptions and be sure to unsubscribe from everything. That way you will not be contacted again about anything relating to Bluelight. Be sure to log out and remove all Bluelight-related bookmarks from your computer. Congratulations, you are no longer a Bluelighter.

But what about my posts? Can the administrators delete all of my posts for me?

No, we will not delete all of your posts. Everyone is free to manually delete or edit their own posts. It is the user's responsibility to take care of their own business. Do not expect the administrators to solve your problems for you.

Why won't you delete my account for me?

Again, this is the user's responsibility. No one forced you to register and no one is forcing you to leave.

No, but you don't understand! This is an emergency!

Our experience has shown that most of these requests come in the middle of some, possibly drug-induced moment of paranoia. If you're worried about what you've posted here, take some time away from the computer. Maybe it will seem like less of a problem the next day.

That's the answer and it is not up for debate. You can always just, ya know, not sign in again.

Closed

Will all my posts be deleted if i delete my account?

And if not.. is there any way to delete them all? I have a bluelight username that is the same as my email.. and the only name of the like according to google..

Just worried about a potential job i may be getting soon.. don't want the risk of them googling my email and getting a bunch of bluelight..

Thanks.

rick

there is no way to delete you account.

you can go thru and manually delete your old posts tho. if the posts are in a locked or archived thread, you can either report the post or PM the moderators of the forum for help.

sorry for jumping in, but what if I created a thread, could I delet it for anonimity's sake?

for the most part, you can delete threads you create. there are exceptions like if the thread is closed. but usually moderators will help you out if you ask nicely.

i am also going to move this to support.

I suggest using a separate email for bluelight to avoid this dilemma. Since its too late, then I suggest creating a new email for jobs, etc...

i am sorry, we don't delete accounts for members.

besides, you have one post. you can delete it yourself. then you can change your email and password to random gibberish.

I think it is wrong that you cannot delete your account that you have made.

For the same reason as the original poster. a user might be cleaned up and getting a new job and his posts could pull him down. you should hold the power for your own account.