• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Trying to crush op OxyContin

VaderisBaddAss

Bluelighter
So I've read a few thread that told me to microwave the pill for varying times and then I hold just be able to crush the pill. So I microwaved two 30mg op ocs (with the coating still on bc that's what a few people said to do) and after 2 minutes I put them in the crusher and now they're just like flattened m&ms. I was going to (is root beer a sufficient substitute for coke?) heat the root beer for a few seconds then Tim in the powder like a few threads have said and hen let it sit for 90 minutes, and drink.

I'm mostly looking for a way to just parachute the OPs. The pills are just not working fast enough and parachuting them seems to give me the instant kick in I need (I wake up in a lot of pain and usually need the instant pain relief). I parachuted the last of my oc, oc's and am such now with the op's.. Bummer. Is there a way to get those pills I heated crushed? Someone else said to heat the pill for 5 minutes then crush it, can I still use a pill crusher, or should I try a credit card? Or should I just try shaving the pill after its been heated? Any ideas? There are so many different as I don't know which one would be most effective!

Thanks!
VaderISBaddAss

Last edited:
Definitely dont microwave em thats just a bad idea

I usually throw them in a shotglass and smash them with a thick marker or the butt end of a screwdriver

I saw my buddy use a Pedi-Paws pet nail trimmer. Once grinded into a very fine white powder he spreads it out on a ceramic plate and heats it up for 5-10mind until it gets a golden brownish tint. Haven't tried it personally

Well, I guess you heat it up to break it, I mean once it's in powder form I wouldn't need to heat it because I'm not eeevvvveerrr going to snort. I grinned one up once using those nail clippers that almost look like pliers they use at the nail salon to cut ur cuticles but it just takes for ever. So a few people said heating it would help me break it up but I just can't using the pill crusher, maybe it would make them easier to grind? Because even after chopping them up it's still not a powder, but prolly enough to swallow. I dunno, I'm just confused cause everyone contradicts everyone else on here. I'll try the screwdriver and shot glass, but I can't see how that's any different than the pill crusher. Thanks.

Last edited:
So I found a nice EASY way to get them working fast. I put them in my mouth for 1-2 minutes and then wipe them down with a napkin or tissue to take the coating off. Then I put them in a shot glass of root beer (I prefer that to coke) for a few hours. (Done it in as little as 4 hours, prolly would work after 1 or 2 even, I need to check). They'll expand and get bigger, (and will float). Once they look like they're falling apart, I just take the whole shot. It tastes bitter but it's really not too bad, the root beer just gets flat, nothing real gross.

They kick in within 20 minutes and the effect is so much stronger than taking them orally. There's no need to crush them or anything! Real simple! Try it and tell me what you think!

Just put them in lemon juice or something acidic... a shot of whiskey.... ect... for 12-24 hours... Use orally and enjoy.

Are these Rx to you for legitimate pain?
If so, sounds like you need to discuss being Rxed an instant release med for breakthrough pain. IR meds are quite commonly used in the AM by pain pts since we all tend to wake up in pain.
In response to your little experiment, I have only heard of folks microwaving their OPs after having been shaved into a fine powder for intranasal use. Even in a powder, Ive read it can take 5-10 min for the "best" result. Microwaving an entire pill for a couple of minutes sounds like a silly idea.
What mg OP are you Rx'ed?

Yea I was gonna try the lemon juice, but the root beer works in like 4 hours. So I was just gonna stick with that.

Reversible, yea they are legit rX, for legit pain, I had a liver transplant and have an enlarged spleen (which is the root cause o the pain). I am prescribed 30mg twice a day of OC, also for the IR I have 4mg of Dilaudid 5-6x p/day. I'm trying not to use the Dilauded's too much because I want to go down on them, I was just trying to crush the OP OCs for a faster/stronger ROA. I don't want to snort or inject them or anything other than orally, but I figured crushing them can't hurt. I'm still taking the prescribed dose the prescribed method, just not whole. Tons of people crush their pills and put them in things like yogurt, etc if they can't swallow them. But the dilaudid's do help, I just want to try to not use them as much. And today, putting the OCs in the rootbeer and taking them like that, I was able to stretch them out to 6 or 7 hours without needed the dilaudids! So I think I can just take the OCs in the am and maybe only need 2 or 3 of the dilaudids this way. I'm gonna see how it goes, maybe I can finally get off them. Thanks for the input! :)

I see.
Why don't you give Opana ER a try? The "equivalent" dose would be a 15mg pill. I currently take the generic opana er 15mg 3x/day. They have no coating, and crush quite easily into a fine powder, but doubt you'll need to do that (obviously you're not supposed to). Orally, I've also found these to hit me quite quickly (swallowing the entire pill), and feeling more like an IR med with the legs of an ER med. However they don't last the 12 hours for me, so Im Rx'ed to take them every 8hrs (which translates to about every 4-6 hr since im not awake 24 hrs a day).

Edit: the other reason I take them 3x is that I don't take an IR med. So, maybe Opana ER could help lead you to the path of not needing an IR med at all (at most maybe 1 or 2).

Hmm, I can ask my doc about them. They've never been suggested, I don't even know what it is really, is it an opiate? I'll have to do some investigating.
I don't have another appt til feb, so I'll see how this goes trying to take the OC in the am and keeping the Dilaudid to 2-3 times a day, and in Feb I can ask him, might be good because I'm going from appointments every month to every 6 weeks, so it'll be a pain having monthly rXs and appointments further apart. I'd have to drive 45 mins to pick up a rX because they can't call that stuff it, is a pain!
Maybe the Opana can last longer. Thanks for the suggestion!

Generic Opana came out? I still get the brand name? How are they in comparison? I use Opana ER and roxi for BT pain. These generics sound great... I snort my Opana so this no coating stuff sounds nice.. lol what companies are making the generic.. I am googling now :)

Opana is a path to a high tolerance... amazing pain relief.. but also the worst case of dopesick ever... so keep that in mind before binging.. lol

I see.
Why don't you give Opana ER a try? The "equivalent" dose would be a 15mg pill. I currently take the generic opana er 15mg 3x/day. They have no coating, and crush quite easily into a fine powder, but doubt you'll need to do that (obviously you're not supposed to). Orally, I've also found these to hit me quite quickly (swallowing the entire pill), and feeling more like an IR med with the legs of an ER med. However they don't last the 12 hours for me, so Im Rx'ed to take them every 8hrs (which translates to about every 4-6 hr since im not awake 24 hrs a day).

Edit: the other reason I take them 3x is that I don't take an IR med. So, maybe Opana ER could help lead you to the path of not needing an IR med at all (at most maybe 1 or 2).

That is a pain! Fewer appointments would be cheaper for me, so that'd be nice, but ya - mine won't call anything in either (legally they can't call in anything stronger than hydrocodone), and I have to drive an hour out of the way to go pick up mine as well. One time they forgot to give me my promethazine for nausea, which can be called in, and they still made me come pick it up.

So, brand name is Opana. Drug name is Oxymorphone. Relatively new drug on the market after having been removed some time ago due to it's strength, amoung other reasons (to dumb the explanation down cuz Im not totally sure). It comes in ER & IR. Generics for ER and IR. The Generic ERs recently became available in 7.5 and 15mg. The equivalency charts show the oxymorphone to be equal to oxycodone at 1/2 the dose, which is why I suggested you'd be put at 15mg in place of your 30mg Oxycontin dose.
Oxymorphone is one of the metabolites of Oxycodone, you know - oxycodone is metabolized in the liver and oxymorphone is one of the things it breaks down to - which then is pushed up to the brain. So, this way you start out with the goods. It's very, very strong stuff. All sorts of info here on bluelight and on wikipedia.

The dude that a legit pain script for Oxycontin that I always bought from when they were still oc's has the new ones.

I have had them on several occasions and tried every method I found on Bluelight.

Nothing worked for me. I enjoyed the peeling of the skin, the pipe tightener thing from Home Depot I used to grind, the grind itself, the driver's license edge working the powder into lines, the insufflation, the flavor of oxycontin post nasal drip, and the golden rush.

The new ones do not work for me. I guess I had a ritual. Getting ready to get high was half of the quality of the high, for me.

The OP formula robbed me of all that. I quit opiates completely as a result. I was devastated, to tell you the truth.

It is a part of my past that I remember fondly.

Ok now I have another question, sorry. So I'm trying to go down on pain meds to eventually quit. Which is why I want to try and cut the Dillie's down. If the Opana is really stronger, yea I'll be taking half, probably (my tolerance is really really high) but will thy just build up tolerance again? And cause me to take more like I had to do with the OC and the Dilaudid.

The breakdown process, I totally get, and I love how you said its not metabolized in the liver, I want to avoid using mine too much, bc the transplant and all, so will the Opana be better in that instance?

But again, I just don't want to eventually build tolerance up and just have to take more, cause then I might end up in a worse position, like when it's time to go down. Can I weed of those, or would I have to switch to something else like methadone again?

Edit: wait, I think I mean "ween off" (?). I'm not sure the term (the confusion bc the liver disease hasn't quite subsided yet =\ ).

Last edited:
Vader:
Violenza was being pretty vague when she mentioned the notion of it raising your tolerance. For one thing, she obviously abuses her meds by snorting them and by running out of her script every month before refill time is due. Using them in this way WILL raise your tolerance, much like abusing any other opioid pain med. Agree?
Using the Opana properly will not cause a surge in your tolerance any moreso than any other: over time, yes - and as long as you don't rate your pain relief in terms of whether or not you still experience euphoria. Analgesia is the proper way to judge tolerance or not. ANd when used properly, the analgesia relief provided by Opana will last a very long time without needing to go up in dose thanks to it's strength and efficacy. You could ween yourself off Opana just as you would any other using dose reduction protocols. Again, legitimate use w/o abuse is the key here. Also, I might add that Opana is still a relatively short acting opi, just like Oxycodone for instance, which also lends the person looking to reduce their dose an easier go at it. Meds like methadone get a bad rap for being difficult because of the long half life, or the long amount of time it stays in your system. This is untrue of Opana. Otherwise I just cant stress enough that the things you will hear about a tolerance building quickly is due to ABUSE of the drug. I'd equate it to heroin use, folks LOVE the high so they continue to do more and more to achieve it, only leading themselves to needing a large amount to get high, but again - this is the same as anything else.
The one difference between Opana and the others however is it's strength. It takes fewer mg's to get the job done. SO when folks abuse it, and end up needing 80mg of the stuff to get high, and then when they run out - they try to go back to their oxy only to find out that now they need TWICE the amount of Oxy that they used to b/c of the Opana being so strong.
Treat it right, never abuse, and it will be great!

EDIT: One more thing, another symptom caused by intranasal abuse: opana is noted to be up to approx 4x-5x stronger when snorted. So, people decide to do the "logical" thing of snorting the stuff to ahieve a bigger high. Once again, this does nothing but increase their tolerance ever more, but there again - due to ABUSE. So, when Violenza snorts her 2x+ 40s a day, she's getting 4-5x the amount to hit her brain vs had she just swallowed them. So, of course her tolerance is going to be higher. Agree? (shes really screwed herself)

Last edited:
Ok I totally understand. You totally answered my question. I don't/won't abuse them, I take as prescribed so my tolerance should be fine, once I find the right dose. Only thing I was doin was trying to get them to act faster.

I'll definitely ask the doc about the Opana. See what he thinks of replacing the OC and Dillie's with that. He might not want to because we "have a plan" for decreasing. But it can't hurt to ask him.
Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Sorry to dig up an old thread here, but after reading through many before registering and posting this, I've only really gotten a bit of reliable info, and a lot of what seems to be either indiference in opinion, or people saying different things are the case, which doesn't help when we're trying to best understand what we're doing / putting in our bodies, and how to do so safely, which is what I have always admired this website for doing.

My question regards breakthrough pain, and being on a 2x 40mg Purdue oxycontin ER / day pain remedy. [sometimes adding in a tramadol 300 er]

In short, over the last two years I've accumulated 7x bulging discs, 5x pinched nerves, and a 4mm displacement of my L5 vertebrae. These RX's are all prescribed to me legitamately through my primary care / pain management, who work together on the matter and I keep them in constant loop about the truths of what I'm consuming.

I've been being treated for this chronic back and neck pain for over two years, and am experiencing now breakthrough pain even on properly timed doses of my 40mg 12 hour release Purdues. I've heard a lot about the tamper-proofing, and in terms of my questions, I'll enumerate them:

1: Is there any viability in crushing the OPs that get this "gummy" effect? I've had limited success with a pill crusher, and am only seeking to take, per se, a "Bump" to get me through immediate breakthrough pain, as this [OP's] has only been RXed to me for 2-3 months -- and have not yet been able to discuss the addition of an immediate release in small quantity to help during breakthrough pain.

2: I've been reading that Opana is among the only reducable [crushable] painkiller in the insulfatable catagory. [nasal] -- Is this true, and if so, does anyone else with experience have a recommendation? And furthermore, if so, any other information on similar class medicines [may move to Avinza [morphine sulphate] -- not sure yet, want to discuss with my doctor if that will maintain the same pain control and if so, does morphine cause less nausea, and to BLUELIGHT RESPONSES: Is morphine sulphate something equally insulfate-able [nasal] and effective as opiods such as oxycodone, oxymorphone, and oxycontin?

3: Is there any danger in crushing and snorting the "gummyish" 40mg ER in small amounts? I can still taste the drip, and remove the tablets outer coating. Before this I have primarily been on Oxycodone 10mg [no acetominophen] for over a year at 5x/day, and before that Norco 10-325 at 5x/day. So I have a decent opiod tolerance, however have never severely or even moderately abused. I know a lot of people jump and say "BE CAREFUL" because of the ER, being used to an old dosage you no longer take, etc. I'd like anyone who responds to please know,I understand the concept of being on something before, thinking you can take the same dose again if you've been off it, and I have NOT been off these meds for over two years, and understand the basic health risks associated with that common misconception.

I currently have a level that when I take as RXed, 40mg in the morning [requires an anti-emetic to reduce nasea to keep down] and 40mg at night, the following side effects:
Nausea [mild-moderate]
Sedative effect [mild to moderate]
Breakthrough pain [depends on day, and what physical things I'm doing.]

Thank you for reading my post, taking the time to respond with well thought and researched information, thank you for this great fellowship of safe, homework-doing people, and your responses, in advance.

-AnimeRob [You might guess... I like anime. You would be right. :p ]

P.S. - Edit - If a list of ALL the meds I take and the reasons why would help, I can easily provide that. Thank you again.

Last edited:
Weeelllll, let's add in some results of a stubborn bastard who hasn't learned anything yet.

Answer: The gummy shit, even if you can dry it down and rail it -- SINUS INFECTION. Don't bother... take the pill as it was intended and abuse a pill w/o these tamper proof properties. You're gonna screw your stuff up.

I'll continue pursuing the Opana, and am still seeking answers to all but those involving trying to subvert purdue's tamper=proof sinus infection grind up kit. XD

Ops are pretty worthless to to anything with other than shaving them up or cutting them into little tiny pieces and swallow IMO.(Damn things are hard as hell!) have you tried dilaudids? More docs prescribe those than Opana ime. But it seems as though you need to be on the OP's and a strong IR opiate for the breakthrough pain meds. Most docs will do that, and understand the need for both ir and er meds. Just be honest with your doc about your needs for a break through med.