• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

BRING IT ON SAINTS.

YOU WONT SCORE 45 POINTS NEXT WEEK.

real talk

If the 49ers win people will finally have to take them seriously.

Then they will be slightly more respected next year than the last, like every other team that loses in the divisional round of the playoffs which hasn't done anything relevant in recent memory.

49ers have allowed 10 total points in their last 3 home games. And the Saints only score 24 point on average on the road compared to 40+ at home.

Also, the best way to stop the saints is to take the ball away, which the 49ers are #1 in the league at. They also have a good pass rush to terrorize brees with, and have a solid run game to keep him off the field. Oh, and Brees isn't as godly when he isn't in a dome or at home (losses to tampa and the rams). The only loss the 49ers have this year at home was aginst the Cowboys in week 2, a game which they led by 14 points in the fourth quarter.

Im picking the 49ers next week with my head and my heart. :p

i was absolutely stunned last night. STUNNED.

i shouted at the tv, for sure. you know, i always like upsets. i like BIG PLAYS.

THE-ELWAY-EPIPHANY.gif

that was pretty sweet. and then i called my denver fans and he didn't know what happened because he was busy driving his mom to the airport :|

jim didn't text us back lol.

^^ I'm not as sick about that ending today as I was last night for a couple of reasons. First, now I wont have to watch Brady chew up the Steeler D. Second, I'm more miserable about the lack of snow than I am about the Steelers losing. Its nice to know I'm not hung up on a fav sports team. However, I may change my opinion depending how the Cats do in March. ;)

Played some disc golf for the first time in a couple months yesterday. There is a really nice 18 hole course that is within walking distance of my house so I try to play as much as possible, although not so much recently. Im pretty decent and usually shoot anywhere from -4 to +4 depending on the course difficulty, which can vary greatly depending on the pin position. The holes range anywhere from 250 to 600 feet, all par 3.

Anyone else here play?

yeah I frolf all the time. it's very big here, as I imagine it to be big anywhere in college-dominated towns

I've been doing it since high school, so I dare say that I am pretty good at it. but I throw (mostly) tomahawks when I drive. some people look down upon that, but I can throw that disc further than fuck

plus, it's a nice way to go out and get some light exercise, enjoy a sunny day, and perhaps bring a phatty-boom batty with ya (or what I can performance-enhancing drugs concerning frolfing)

a large body of the frisbee golf enthusiast are wankers, though ;)

i'd rather drop some 'cid and slam 6 packs down the faces of rivals during hours of intense horseshoe competition

if you don't know what a six pack is referring to i suggest you get your ass outta smog and traffic once in awhile

I play in an annual horseshoe tournament, believe it or not. I suck ass and only play for that one weekend a year but it is way fun. Everyone is so wasted, its hilarious.

Usually get a few friends together for it, its this guys private property up in the mountains and everyone camps out for the weekend. There is a large arena with 9 pits and old couches surrounding the whole thing that they bring out of storage for the weekend once a year.

hst.jpg

Last edited:
Me +2 incredibly trashed watching the 49er/Giants game.

406991_10100250173058048_6702416_45267365_1575259935_n.jpg

i played a ton of disc golf until a few years ago. still got a bag full of discs. been meaning to get back out there, but i usually occupy my free time with ball golf.