• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

intriguing tale, ma'am

watching the chris herron 30 for 30 again

i wonder if he's a bluelighter

Washington State is gorgeous. Puget Sound is so fantastic.

there are some BLers up there, I didn't get to Puget Sound, but i'd like to one day.

whats with the title of this thread? i'm sure we can come up with something better now that it's just a social thread

Where is that mountain axl??? I want to board there since they have snow. hehehe

LMAO at thread title.

And yes, the continued lack of any sign of snow is depressing.

Id also like to point out the awesome heated discussion we could be having about the college football playoffs right now, if they existed.

Ive been throwing a football around recently and I gotta say I have a new found respect for QB's. Getting both velocity and accuracy on a football is not easy.

i can throw a baseball 85 miles per hour, accurately

i feel like i could have been a good quarterback

if only i could throw a fucking spiral!!!

i just can't do it, i've taken much advise, and i just can't do it

^ gotta have big hands

My biggest problem is my right shoulder. I tore my RC last year and it still isn't the same.

I've got the biggest ugliest hands you ever did see. but it helped me out with grip (catching footbaws as a TE) and for sure with wrestling (general grab-assery)

it's the only time when sausage fingers are a good thing

I think Drew Brees gives some of the best chants in the NFL. he leads them like a G in all Saints pre-game TV coverage. add to the fact that he is an older, balding white dude who probably has 2 kids and it makes that feat even more impressive

Drew Brees is a leader of men.

He is also a cerebral football player. He is not physically gifted by football standards, yet he competes with world class athletes. Mind/body connection is outstanding.

Auto hall-of-famer in his first year of eligibility.

I remember when the Saints were the worst team in football. Saints fans have one man to thank for their sucess. I predict a return to mediocrity when Brees retires. They are probably the most "carried by their QB" team in the league (other than maybe the colts pre2011).

Last edited:
I agree. I remember him wrecking shit with Purdue back in the day. San Diego has to be pissed they lost him and Miami should be shooting themselves in the foot for passing up on him

he is a freak athlete too, for a little guy. I remember seeing him dunk the football on the goal-posts, which ain't an easy feat for the smaller in stature

I remember when the Saints were the worst team in football. Saints fans have one man to thank for their sucess.

yes, and that man is Sean Payton. no, but really we all know how lucky we are to have Breesus and Sean Payton. the only other person more admired and worshiped is this man, right here:

brad_pitt_for_mayor.jpg

if New Orleans had the power to canonize it's own saints, the first two would be, without a doubt, Brees & Brad Pitt.

I have no fucking idea what you're talking about but I like Brad Pitt, so I approve.

And meh about Peyton. Its easy to look like a great coach when your QB wins every game for you.

Last edited:
Brad Pitt is responsible for more people in the 9th ward being back in their homes than any other organization -- government or otherwise. he lives in new orleans and is constantly giving monetary (and visibilty) support to the city. his foundation builds sustainable and architecturally sound homes in the lower ninth. he's spent his own money when he couldn't raise enough. he also voices a lot of the cities opinions to the outside world.

when asked about how he felt about bp & the oil spill, he said:

"I've never been a supporter of the death penalty. But I'm willing to look at it again."

there was a rumor going around in late 2009 that he was going to run for mayor. the city rejoiced. then our fucked up dysfunctional city said he had to wait another year for residency requirements. anyway, video related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O66WICED6RA

He tore his ACL.....

I have even more respect for Brad Pitt after watching that video K.

yes he is a 'saint' down here. i was looking for this image of him they printed in the NOLA alt weekly where he is in one of the traditional "Saints fan" costume (pope like) and holding a photo of Breesus

you could almost hear the holiness coming off of it. he is a good guy, and beloved nola resident.