• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(2C-C - 30mg) - novice - Grandiose playful circus at the experimental music festival

intensecycle

Bluelighter
TR 2C-C #2

Title: Grandiose playful circus at the experimental music festival
Substance: 2C-C, 2nd time
Dosage: 2C-C 30mg rectal
Personal data: Male, 85kg, 178 cm, 26 years old
Setting: At the experimental music festival, mood is nice, expecting interesting music and trip

Rating: 9/10
Previous experiences:
* Weed (many times)
* Shrooms (x3)
* Kratom (x4)
* Salvia (x1)
* Alprazolam (x2)
* Amphetamine (x1)
* DOI (x1)
* 4-HO-MET (x1)

Substance appearance: white fluffy powder with large lightweight flakes
Physical condition: athletic, exercise daily, but some back pains and (undiagnosed) ADHD
Medications and addictions: none except vitamins.
Closest previous trip: 100mg dichloropane on the previous day

Tolerance: None
Sensitivity: Unknown, probably on the lower side
Addiction potential: Low
Main effects: slight texture drifting, slight color enhancement, body buzz and energy, eased breathing, relaxation, music appreciation, playful mood
Side effects: None
After effects: Nice afterglow, better mood next day
Shulgin scale: ++

T 00:00
In the evening I and my friend Panda went to experimental music festival. Few words about festival: it had very different kinds of music, but all pretty experimental, some very noisy and loud, and I mean REAL noise and close genres like drone.
When midnight was closing, I plugged 30mg capsule. My bowels were not very clean, so I think only half or two thirds of substance got absorbed. I think this because trip was not very strong, but 30mg plugged could be much stronger, according to other reports.

T +00:20-01:00
I think effects started at this point. I felt textures slightly floating and moving if I concentrated on them. I also had some trouble walking, but not much, and moved very carefully.

T +01:00-02:00
This was during the pause in the middle of music performances, I sat on a chair and chatted with my friend, looking at screensaver projected on stage and listening to silly screensaver music. At this moment experience peaked, and all this seemed like some grandiose circus, very impressive. Time slowed down, hearing was enhanced, energized body buzz appeared. My friend asked me: "How it goes?", but I was not able to answer much. My mind was pretty clear, and I managed to tell him "slow down, don't take this much as me", but otherwise I just watched in awe. But after some time, I got used to this state and thought to myself "it is very manageable and fun, he probably can take as much". But I was not able to tell this to him, because my mind was occupied with sensing amazing surroundings. Stage lights were very bright and colored, I liked violets the most. But soon I became a little bored looking at the same things, because pause seemed to be very long (it actually was something like 10-15 minutes, not much).

And then the music started. It was very hard music, it reminded me of concrete mixer filled with cobblestones and boulders, and I imagined how this mixer throws all these stones into space before me. I sometimes enjoy this kind of music, and under 2C-C it was easy. My friend was not under influence of any substance at this point, and he did not like this music at all. But I closed my eyes and listened very carefully, thinking of music and sometimes of other things, just enjoying myself, feeling high and euphoric. I was sitting not in the chair, but in inconvenient position, but that did not bother me much and did not cause body discomfort.

Next performer (sadly, I can't tell band names due to privacy issues) played noise drone ambient. I liked this a lot. During his performance, I imagined that all these noisy sounds are tender warm wind. This was possible because bass and sound waves from the concert massive speakers could be very well experienced not only by hearing, but physically, by sensing air moving and feeling vibrations from the floor. I smiled all this time, feeling funny and thinking how people around me experience this as very noisy and menacing music, but I felt it like I'm on the beach, enjoying sunshine and warm breeze. My eyes were closed, and what I seen can be best described by "circus". It was some floating objects, all of them was absurd, inept and preposterous, totally did not make much sense seeing them in this context. For example, I've seen Dr. Breen's face from Half-Life 2 game, appearing rotating from far to closer before me, and then disappearing in same fashion.

T +03:00-04:00
My friend for some reason was thinking that I'm not listening to music, and this made him anxious and dissatisfied with me. But this was just one of many signs of growing problems in our friendship. My friend was hesitating to take 2C-C rectally, so he painlessly insufflated it. Effects were similar to mine, except a bit weaker, but he peaked on performer described in previous paragraph, so he liked him very much. After that, more bands were playing, I did not like some of them, but my friend did. Our favorite ambient-electronic-experimental-jazz band was totally amazing, even if effects of 2C-C started to wear down at this time. We argued which performers are better, and I told my friend he just don't take into account that most of his euphoria and love for musicians came from substance, because we liked "time of peak" bands each. But our genuine love for our favorite band was real and did not depend on 2C-C. My friend also complained on "speedyness" or some "slight body load". What I was experiencing as pleasant, he felt as cumbersome. I guess, it just works this way, or he was just under impression of our amphetamine experience, which he did not like very much.

T +07:00
Around this time we went back home, drank some chamomile tea and discussed festival experience for a half an hour, and sleep came without much problems.

Next day

Was very pleasant, especially closer to the evening. I felt warm and clean afterglow, happiness, enjoyed talking with my GF, and eating. I even called my friend Panda to tell how happy I am.

Summary
This was beautiful trip, mostly due to setting at festival. Music sounded amazingly and atmosphere was friendly and relaxing, not very crowded and intimate. Substance amount also was quite right, maybe good idea was to take more after few hours, but we had not any. Overall, I think 2C-C is forgiving and easy substance, gearing you towards light-headed and funny mind state. The only thing I wondered about if taking 2C-C changed my understanding of music, and maybe without it I would be more analytical and clear-headed, able to understand more. I'm don't like alcohol for this reason: it makes my mind clogged and unable to grasp all aspects of things around me. At the same time I enjoy serotogenic psychedelics because of how they expand senses, but I am not sure about logic and reasoning. I really wonder how 2C-D would feel in similar setting, from descriptions it would be less light-headed and more rational and will allow me to understand more.

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_2cc
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_secondtime
exptype_positive
roacode_rectal

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool report, if you don't mind me asking, what was the festival you went to? I'm an experimental composer, and I really enjoyed 2C-C the one time I tried it, though I didn't make or listen to any music while I was on it. I just rode around town on my long board all day and hung out with a couple friends for a bit.

While I can't speak directly about how 2C-C might have affected your understanding of music, I do have a ton of experience making and listening to music while on various psychedelics. I find that my understanding of music operates on so many different levels and that a psychedelic state of mind makes some of these levels clearer while others fade into the background. Like, I may understand how someone is phrasing a line better, while missing the emotional content of the line. Or, I might be connecting to the music emotionally, while completely missing the underlying processes holding the music together. Basically what I'm saying is that logic and reason only form a small part of our understanding of music and can sometimes hinder the direct perception of it. Someone once said music is the highest form of art because we can experience it with the entirety of our bodies, it is the most directly perceived art. It's the most physically experienced form of art as we are directly in contact with the vibrating air which carries it to us. The logical part of our mind can help us understand how the music fits into history, what precedents and movements influenced it, as well as the physical and theoretical processes involved in its creation and recreation, but that is not necessarily a complete understanding of the music.

Anyways, I hope I've made some sense here. I haven't thought too much about this sort of thing, just kind of hashing it out as I type. Glad you had a good time though. I found 2C-C pretty mild too, I think I took 50mg orally. It had a sort of take-it-or-leave-it feel where I could choose how into the trip I wanted to be. Like it could be completely in the background if I wanted it to be then I could come back to it and be like "Oh yeah! I'm tripping, what lovely sparkles you're wearing Mr. Parking Lot!"

Great report. Well detailed. And I really appreciate that you are one of the few people lately who write a trip report based on a single dose of one substance taken at a reasonable dosage in a proper setting.

Well done, may you enjoy your life.

Thanks for your comments. I agree we appreciate music at different levels, but I found that I understand and appreciate experimental music using logic and reason, because it is hard to get into it emotionally. Maybe, with 2C-C it was possible, but what I'm afraid of is that I understood less music, but was more engaged in psychedelic exp.