• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(5-MEO-MiPT - 6 and then 6 mg) - first time - Sense enhancer without revelations

intensecycle

Bluelighter
Title: Sense enhancer without revelations
Substance: 5-MEO-MIPT
Substance experience: first time
Dosage:
5.5 mg oral
5.5 mg oral at T +02:00
ROA: oral, dissolved in water/ethanol, on totally empty stomach

Weight: 84 kg
Height: 178 cm
Setting:
At home, Saturday, good mood, next day free, with GF
Rating:7/10
Previous experiences:
* Weed (many times)
* Shrooms (x3)
* Kratom (x4)
* Methylone (1x)
* DOI (x1)
* Amphetamine (x1)
* Salvia (x1)
* Alprazolam (x4)
* Modafinil (1 week)
* Methoxetamine (x4)
* 4-HO-MET (x1)

Substance appearance: white crystallized powder
Physical condition: athletic, exercise daily, but some back pains
Medications and addictions: none except vitamins.
Closest previous trip: 25 mg methoxetamine week before
Tolerance: none I know of
Sensitivity: Need more then average person

T 00:00
Somewhere at midday I measured 20mg of 5-MEO-MIPT on cheap milligram scale and dissolved in 40 ml of water and ethanol solution. I measured 5.5 mg from this solution (11 ml) for myself and 4.5mg (9ml) for my girlfriend. We dissolved this solution in larger cups of water and drank this slowly over half an hour, on empty stomach.

T +01:30
Very small effects started like barely noticeable visual distortions. Also, I had some nausea (not strong) that quickly passed. My GF had more unpleasant nausea, but also manageable.
We both had tachycardia, but this was only noticeable if specifically pay attention, it did not bother us. We watched a documentary, it felt kind of fun, but nothing special.

T +02:00
Nausea mostly passed, and light body buzz appeared. It was like small muscle contractions, electricity-like impulses and easy breathing. Still no visuals or much other effects, except slight mind confusion, even hard to put a movie/music on PC. My GF felt unpleasant weakness, "I feel like a worm", she described it.

T +02:30
We took more of same substance, +5.5mg me and +4.5 my GF (approx.). We started to watch some anime. It was also fun, but maybe only a little more fun than sober.

T +02:30-03:30
Effects increased. We had some distortions of Tokyo picture on big LCD TV. I turned some music on, and it sounded nice. It was very detailed, similar to weed, but more spacey and I was able to concentrate on overall sound, while on weed it is more attention on separate instruments and sounds for me.
After that, body buzz became strong, and very pleasant. I noticed mood lift, my GF also felt nice, except still weak. We tried to make sex, but to no avail. She giggled a little, and I was not able to have strong erection, I think because we had a lot of sex day before. But I definitely think sex would be great under this substance, because it felt different and interesting.

T +04:00-06:00

We just lied in bed, listening to music and hugging. I pitched volume on and enjoyed different tracks, especially ones that are more trance-like (although I am not fan of trance). Also, visuals, esp. CEV, started to appear. They all looked very archetypal, like from LSD-inspired drawings (I did not take LSD, so cannot compare). It was ironic and funny, because they looked exactly like on these pictures: spider webs, honeycombs. They were mostly black-and-white, with a little of transparent reds blues and greens. Sometimes I've seen something like insect parts (like facet eyes), and that was unpleasant, because the only strong phobia I have is fear of insects.

My GF seen her palms turn a little violet/blue, and this was freaky for her, because she has little experience of psychedelics. I calmed her and myself, saying this is just in our mind, and we continued to listen to music. These anxiety episodes were very small, but overall our mood was great, methylone-like, but different, very "tryptaminish" and somewhat less alien.

T +07:00

Effects started to wear off, but music still sounded nice. I also forgot to mention, that my sense of smell became very strong and profound and I smelled my GF and different things. I physically felt how her sweat makes me excited and desiring for sex.
Also, from this point I felt big hunger (not feeling it much before, but I certainly could eat, if I wanted to).

T +07:30
I went from home to public swimming pool. Swimming felt nice, and surroundings were beautiful, with all this light reflecting in water. I also found my sense of hearing was greatly enhanced, I heard water splashes and talking of people around me. It was overwhelming and confusing at times, but when there were less sounds, it was very interesting, because now I was able to understand, how people with good hearing feel in town/noisy areas. A also felt somewhat cold, and even hot bath was experienced like not very hot.

T +09:00

We went to my parents and enjoyed some discussion with them, but I was a little irritated and annoyed (but not much). When they and my aunt were talking at once, it was unpleasant and confusing, due to better hearing (see above).

T +11:00

We had some trouble sleeping, so took melatonin 3mg, and managed to do it by +12-13.

Next day we were a bit calm and passive, but definitely ok, with normal mood. No big changes in mood in subsequent days, maybe a little more calm and worry-free then usual.

Summary
Overall, I'd say this was mild and pleasant experience, but I expected a little more. Next time I would probably start from 8-10mg. If you need mood lift and want to enjoy some movies and music, this substance is nice choice. If you want crushing revelations, take much more of it or take something else.

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_5meomipt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice and very detailed trip report, thanks. Deffinitely made me interested in this compound.

thanks for the report!
i really like your layout in the beginning, its a great guide for anyone wanting to report on a substance!

regarding the trip itself, did you notice the apparent chance in character of the trip around midway? there are people who say it is quite the sense enhancer in the first half, before settiling into a more psychedelic second half... this variation hold true for me...

great you enjoyed it!
personally i like this substance in the low dose range, as i am quite sensitive to it, and anything above 5mg will get me way to jumpy to enjoy it fully. but i suspect if you carefully up the dose, or just take the amount you took but all at once, that you will discover the visual aspect of it.

thanks again and have a good time!

thanks for the report!
i really like your layout in the beginning, its a great guide for anyone wanting to report on a substance!

regarding the trip itself, did you notice the apparent chance in character of the trip around midway? there are people who say it is quite the sense enhancer in the first half, before settiling into a more psychedelic second half... this variation hold true for me...

Thanks. After reading about change in trip character, I think we had something like this, but very slight. Visuals become stronger and music nice only in second part, although we supplemented more of substance. In the first part we had almost no strong psychedelic feelings at all.