• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(DXM/70 mg, hydrocodone/40 mg) - experienced - great OTC potentiator for hydrocodone

Pilll_head

Bluelighter
I thought I'd give this one a try since I had heard here and there that DXM potentiates opiates. Some background info: I weigh 190 lbs and have a moderate tolerance to opiates. So here's the condensed version of what happened:

- 1:00 - Drank my usual 12 oz of white grapefruit juice to extend the hydrocodone buzz

- 0:30 - Took 70 mg dextromethorphan HBr (10 mg pills not the syrup) orally with small glass of water

0:00 - Took 3 TUMS, chewed and swallowed followed by 20 mg hydrocodone (10/500 mg APAP, tablets broken in half) with a small glass of water.

+ 0:15 - started noticing some slight mental effects similar to 1st plateau DXM trip but weaker, like elevated mood and music euphoria, pretty cool

+ 0:30 - hydrocodone high is starting early and its a good one, not much body buzz though, just euphoria, sense of well being.

+1:00 - HC buzz is definitely stronger than usual and more stimulating than HC typically is, reminds me very much of the Oxy buzz, I'm liking this combo, starting to feel pretty buzzy and light headed. Took another 10 mg HC with water, laid on the couch and watched a movie

+ 2:00 - Took last 10 mg of HC with water, this is definitely more oxycodone-like that hydrocodone like - feeling very euphoric, light headed and energized. Starting to get the opiate itch but not too severe. I have the munchies BIG TIME like usual, so I go pig out on some junk food.

+ 4:00 - movie is over, buzz is starting to come down a bit, but still feel very energized and not ready for bed. I have a couple drinks to smooth out my buzz.

+ 6:00 - buzz mostly gone, relaxing "after buzz" glow has set in but totally can't sleep even with my usual 12.5 mg Ambien.

Overall this was a great experience, DXM adds nicely to the hydrocodone buzz without any unpleasant side effects, and like I said it is definitely more stimulating than plain HC, experience was similar to oxycodone. A couple of things - I take cymbalta (90 mg/ day) and mirtazapine( 30 mg / day), both of which are contraindicated with DXM because of the potential for Serotonin Syndrome. So I took only 30 mg Cymbalta in the morning, skipped evening 60 mg and skipped the mirtazapine the night before. I did not notice any Serotonin Syndrome-like symptoms, so I think this is safe at this low dose of DXM. I would not recommend going higher than 70 mg DXM because I think it will overtake the opiate high and just feel like the DXM high. But for those of you looking for an alternative to sleepy benadryl or benzodiazepines to potentiate, I'd give DXM a try.

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_dxm
substancecode_dissociatives
substancecode_hydrocodone
substancecode_opiates
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator: