Bluelighter
DOI TR #1

Substance: DOI
Dosage:
3 mg oral
Weight: 83 kg
Height: 178 cm

Set and setting:
House in the countryside in the hot summer, with few friends, good mood, some apprehensions of what happens when taking such powerful substance
Rating:7/10
Previous experiences:
* Weed (many times)
* Shrooms (x3)
* Kratom (x3)
* Methylone (1x)
* Amphetamine (x1)
* Salvia (x1)
* Alprazolam (x4)
* Modafinil (1 week)

Substance appearance: white powder
Physical condition: exercise daily, some back pains

Medications and addictions: none except vitamins.
Closest previous trip: Shrooms few months before

T 0:00
I took 3 mg of DOI in the midday with a few friends. We used liquid measuring, and DOI was concentrated at 2mg/ml, and for the first person, I mistakenly measured 3 ml instead of 3 mg, so he got 6 mg. Beware of such errors, please! We did this on empty stomach. So person, who got 6 mg tried to eat at once, hoping it will make absorption worse. We don't know if it helped, but he felt nausea afterwards. Luckily my another friend spotted this, and prevented other people (including myself) to get same overdose. I have no info on quality of this DOI, so it could be that it is impure/not DOI at all, but if looking at affects below, I think it was.

T +2:00-2:30
We started to feel some effects, and we went to meet our other friends. We was able to guide them to our house without much problems, but when closing eyes I experienced barely visible flashes of "spider web / honeycomb" CEV.

T +3:00
After that, it is hard to remember exact times. Effects gradually become stronger. Most things I remember is how I stared to surrounding forest and thought how "alien" it looks. I became very analytical, and thought I have no problem thinking, but when we tried to play pool game, it became clear we cannot concentrate to do next required action.
Person who took 6mg sometimes was not able to remember even, what he is doing and who he is. But otherwise he felt ok too, telling later, that this chem in his opinion is much more forgiving than LSD in high dosages. Also, music sounded interesting, but kind of annoying, even on small volume. So friend who took 6mg kept turning it off, because he was not able to tolerate it even at small volume.

T +10:00

It seemed like time passes slowly and we have to wait while effects end, but at the same time many hours passed very quickly, and we were basically doing nothing. Sometime in the middle of trip we stared at the clouds in the sky and it looked like boiling soup of transparently white bubbles. Also some patterns and 3d-layer effects were present, overall it was pretty pleasant. We experienced no strong mind effects, only some little confusion and strangeness.

One of the participants drank strong alcohol during all trip. This reduced DOI effects somewhat, but after he went to town to get more booze, effects returned and city light in the night looked extremely bright and nice. He also insufflated two 10mg 4-HO-MET capsules later and experienced very nice "I love and understand all the universe" effect. Later he told that whole experience was maybe too much for him, but it was not a bad trip. But combining a lot of strong booze, 4-ho-met and DOI lead to very negative effects afterwards for him: difficulties with breathing, pains etc. Do not do this, folk.

During experience, I felt strong body load, now I think it is because we had to cycle to location around 6 miles in the morning, taking supplies with us. Also it was possibly due to hot summer weather and radiating sun. We were able to eat without problems and even somewhat enjoyed it. We also did not communicate well, only were laughing and joking metaphorically, but not very funny. Other people did not experience strong body load.

I did not experienced ANY OEV except "bubbling soup" clouds above. As for CEV, I think I seen transparent colored gears (dark red,dark green,dark blue) floating in dark space, but not sure was it this DOI trip or some another time. This was only for a short moment, though.
Person who took 6 mg seen visuals everywhere, every line and pattern seemed to be connected to each other and was related to each other, like cause and consequence. With eyes closed, it was even more deep and profound, some alien landscapes and movie-like visuals.

T +14:00
We watched some children animations on notebook in the surrounding dark. These seemed to us to be very psychedelic and prodrug for some reason. It was interesting and impressive. Also we watched futurama in english - I was able to enjoy and understand it easily, maybe even more easily, then in clear state of mind (english is not my native language, obviously). My friends struggled to understand anything. Also we watched some popular french abstract style theatrical performance with mechanical animals and acrobatics, and it all made sense, we invented interpretations easily, like what is collective subconscious and who of protagonists doing what.

T +18:00

I was not able to sleep during night, (most of my friends too), so in the morning I took my bicycle and rode around a little. Spatial ability was unaffected, I was able to navigate in surrounding forests easily and driving over wet roads and puddles was fun. I got under the heavy rain, but it did not cause much worry.
Also, I experienced my hands as being somewhat more far from me on the bike's handlebar, then they actually were.

T +24:00
At this point, I felt mostly stimulation effects, but changes in conscious was still pretty strong. I returned home, had some sex with my GF. Erection was very stable and returned even after orgasm, but sex was too quick and slightly weird. I felt tired and wanted to sleep a little, but did not want to sleep at daytime, so I decided to wait till night.

T +28:00
I watched a movie, enjoying it much, esp. sound effects and bass, cooked and ate a meal, also enjoying it. DOI effects at this point was very subtle, but still were present.

T +34:00
I took some camomille tea and melatonin 3mg, was able to sleep without problems.

Summary

Overall, I consider that I took too small dosage for me. I experienced extreme strangeness of surrounding world, but not much feelings, mindfuck or OEVs (and I wanted them). Anyway, this trip had something to remember, but many moments of it were dull, when we were not able to think what to do and just waited. I think 30 hours of a trip is too long, and will probably not take similar long-acting substance in any observable timeframe. I certainly suggest to those who want to try that, to think what they will be doing during experience. I think now, that we should have take a hike, but back then I was not able to coordinate this, and nobody seemed to be interested anyway. Also, taking a SMALL amount of tryptamines somewhere in the middle to complement experience for a change, seems to be a good idea.

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_doi
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_neutral
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator: