• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Klonopin 1mg, First time, What should I know?

Schrei

Bluelighter
I have never done any benzos, as far as I know, so I have no tolerance to them. (I usually take whatever is put in front of me, I know not the best idea)
I was having a really shitty week last week, and when a friend came to help me, They handed me a Klonopin. They said someone at the bar was passing them out, so he asked if he could have one for a friend, knowing Ive been trying to get some for a long time. I did double check it online because I knew it was a Kpin, I just didnt know how much.
Anyway it's 1mg, Is it ok to take the whole thing on my first time? A friend of mine use to take them everyday and hers was less than 1mg and she was always falling asleep or would sound so out of it when she would take one.
Id really like to maybe go to the mall or hangout with friends, just anything to keep me awake really, because I know they make you tired, and I dont want to sleep it away, I want to actually feel all of it.
Also some people say they feel like shit the next day until their body gets use to klonopins. Is that true?

SOOOO, I would like to know:
How much should I take?
What to expect?
How should I take it? Just swallow it, under the tongue, IV?
Is it safe to drive?
Will I look/feel like shit the next day?

And what ever else youd like to tell me.

Thank you all in advance. :\

-IVing it is a waste of time. Don't do it
-Driving on benzos is dangerous because you feel like you're not impaired when you actually are. I recommend avoiding driving or operating other heavy machinery.
-Klonopin (clonazepam) has a long half life. You will probably feel some effects the next day.
-You can swallow it or put it under the tongue.

As far as what to expect, its a benzo, don't expect much. Relaxation, anxiety relief...that's pretty much it.

So 1mg is ok my first time?

I didnt expect to expect to much, lol. I ment will I be fighting sleep, or will it be easy to be realzed and stay awake?

I wouldn't go higher than 1mg for your first time using clonazepam...and yes it will probably make you quite sleepy. loulou is right, benzos are indeed an acquired taste. You'll feel nice and relaxed for a few hours and then probably go to sleep.

I'm going to move this on over to Basic Drug Discussion since its a basic first time/dosing question.

O D - - > B D D

So 1mg is ok my first time?

I didnt expect to expect to much, lol. I ment will I be fighting sleep, or will it be easy to be realzed and stay awake?

I don't know about fighting sleep, but with regards to how benzos feel, you might not feel as though you're in an altered state of mind. If you're naturally a relaxed and anxiety-free individual, you may well wonder if the stuff is working at all.

So Im thinking from what some of you have said, I should put it under my tongue. How long for the klonopin to kick in?

basically tell me if Im wrong, But I will be kind of tired, not fighting sleep, but more of a If I decide on a nap or to just kick back, Ill be please with the calming effect of a nice nap? Sorry If my wording that sentence makes no sense. o_O

Should I mix this with weed?

How longs the life?

You should be ok taking 1 mg. It will make you groggy though thats just the way benzos are. Half life is 6-16 hours. Mix with weed if you want too. It might actually help some of the anxiety and panic that can come with smoking weed.

SOOOO, I would like to know:
How much should I take?
What to expect?
How should I take it? Just swallow it, under the tongue, IV?
Is it safe to drive?
Will I look/feel like shit the next day?

And what ever else youd like to tell me.

Thank you all in advance. :\

Without any tolerance, 1 mg will get you relaxed and sedated. Clonazepam has quite strong muscle relaxant properties, so your muscles may feel a bit relaxed.

What to expect? Feeling calm, sedated, a bit care-free, if you're feeling anxious it will help with that effectively.

Just swallow it, you can take it sublingually if you want, but the bioavailability orally is very high and sublingually taken it just comes on faster. Don't snort it.

I wouldn't say it's completely safe to drive without tolerance, you'll react slower in the traffic and may do stupid mistakes. Try to avoid it.

There's no comedown, so no, you won't feel like shit the next day. Unless you're addicted. Benzos in small doses don't really have any hangover. Remember clonazepam is a long-acting benzo though, you'll feel the effects for a good 6-8 hours. The half-life is much longer, but the actual effect is not nearly as long as the half-life. The half life is very long, but it depends on the dose and frequency. Usually it is said to be 18-50 hours, but 1 mg will be nowhere near 50 hours.

Last edited:
SO the bioavailability is higher if I just swallow it?
I kinda want it to come on faster which is why I was asking about taking it sublingually instead.
I cant sleep at night without taking flexeril or something, Obviously with the Ks I wont need anything, but since my body cant relax at night when ever I take something Im totally passed out. So I need to make sure Ill wake up for work tomorrow is why I have so many questions. lol

1 mg is a fairly heavy dose of clonazepam for someone with no benzo tolerance, but it is fine if you don't mix it with alcohol (dangerous and poor judgement). Take it orally or under the tongue. You feel quite relaxed and sedated, this feeling should last quite a while because it does have a long half-life and you have no tolerance. You will likely experience some amnesia, this is normal. DO NOT DRIVE! If you take 1 mg you will likely feel calm the next day, even 0.5 mg and you will probably still feel the effects the next day. There is no unpleasant comedown. So for recreation, I'd advise 0.5 mg - 1mg for you first time.

So would it be ok if I broke my 1mg in half and only put half under my tongue? So then tomorrow Ill have the other half to take?

Actually I did it anyway right after that message lol. But I dont feel anything still. not tired, not any more relaxed than I usually am.I mean maybe a bit carefree. Should take the other half? its been an hour already

From my own personal experience of taking kpins for years and years....

One mg is less potent than an Excedrin PM. I've gotten a tolerance built up. I have to take 6 mg to sleep. Sometimes that doesn't even work. The most I've taken in one handful was 10 of the 2 mg. My balance was SO fucked up the next day. I felt totally regular except when I was picking myself up off the ground, thinking "WTF just happened?"

Lol well I basically wasted the pill, by over powering my body with weed, So all I felt was normal stoned effects.
I think Ill see if my friend can ask for 3 more, so I can try a whole 1mg all at once with no weed, and if nothing then Ill try a pill and a half.
8) Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

It wouldnt hurt to try snorting a kpin once, huh? I like snorting things. And the cooling in the nose from it sounds kinda nice. =\

Oh and can someone explain why IVing it would be a waste of time...does it just not work as good, or is it wasting the pill?

Totally of Kpins topic, but does anyone know why after I get really high and it goes away Im left with my head spinning so bad I have to lay down? It doesnt matter if its real or synthetic, both makes me feel dizzy afterwards.

IVing the pill is a waste for your body and the drug. NSFW: Not So Fucking Worth.

Lol well I basically wasted the pill, by over powering my body with weed, So all I felt was normal stoned effects.
I think Ill see if my friend can ask for 3 more, so I can try a whole 1mg all at once with no weed, and if nothing then Ill try a pill and a half.
8) Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

It wouldnt hurt to try snorting a kpin once, huh? I like snorting things. And the cooling in the nose from it sounds kinda nice. =\

Oh and can someone explain why IVing it would be a waste of time...does it just not work as good, or is it wasting the pill?

Totally of Kpins topic, but does anyone know why after I get really high and it goes away Im left with my head spinning so bad I have to lay down? It doesnt matter if its real or synthetic, both makes me feel dizzy afterwards.

IVing klonopin is a waste because it is not water soluble, so you wouldn't even be IVing any of the good stuff if you tried.

As for snorting them, there really isn't a point since their oral bioavailability is 90% and the nasal BA is likely a good amount lower than that, so you get way more out of the drug by taking it orally.

You should just leave benzos alone. There is no point in trying to take a higher dose hoping to finally like it. The medicine is good for treating anxiety and helping with sleep, but it is hardly recreational. It isn't really euphoric, and all it does is not make you care about anything. If someone is really upset about something and stressing over it, or if they are having a panic attack, that is when this drugs positive effects are most noticeable.

Some people do feel worse the day after they take it (I think you asked about that before) due to rebound anxiety. I happen to be one of those people, so although klonopin will relieve my anxiety for the day, the following day I will have worse anxiety than normal.

I feel fine today, as someone else said I would feel fine.

Im not taking it for recreational purposes. o_O. Im just trying to find something good to relax me after work or some days off. I get so stressed about little things my body tightens up, and I feel the need to rush around to hurry and do everything, and thats one thing that triggers my shoulder and neck tics, which is painful.
I already take hydrocodone before work everyday to help some, but Im running low from taking so much at a time.

My only two other options are Kpins or xanax, both benzos. I preferred to Klonopins.

For Recreational, I usually stick with weed, alcohol, cocaine, That kind of stuff that actually has a recreational purpose.

I also didnt say I want higher doses to finally like it. I liked it just fine. I just would like to know how it would have felt after a few hours without being completely stoned. I did feel like I didnt give a fuck about anything, and later after I had already smoked a lot my legs started to feel relaxed, Im thinking from the kpin. I just would like to let the Kpins work alone, and relax.

^^^ You did answer some of my questions, and thank you for that, but Dont assume you know anything about what Im doing. Im not some pre-teen fuck, just trying to get fucked up all the time for recreational purposes.