• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(LSD - 3/4 tab) - Semi-experienced - Clapton is God. I am Jesus.

Efoj

Bluelighter
This is my first trip report.

A couple of months ago, Eric Clapton would play in my city. I'm a big fan of rock, like Hendrix and Clapton, so i decided I'd take some acid and, with some luck, I might go back to the 1960s when LSD was legal and Clapton was God.

I took 3/4 of a weak paper at home, knowing that would be a light trip. From previous experience (that was my 7th trip), I knew that tripping too hard on a concert hall would certainly lead me to a bad trip.

I went out, took the bus, and the acid was starting to hit. I had no real visuals during the whole trip, only my vision was sharper and people's facial expressions were more intense. On the other hand, my thoughts were moving at the speed of light, and that's why it was such a meaningful trip to me.

While on the bus, I listened on my ipod to some Cream (Clapton's band in the 60s). Listening to music while tripping is probably my favourite thing in the world. I heard Disraeli Gears, a super-psychedelic album from Cream released in 1967, and there were voices and sounds I had never heard before, although I knew the album quite well.
Later I heard one of Clapton's best songs, Layla. That's a song with a dark mood, about love and despair. When Clapton sings he may "finally go insane", I knew he really meant it.

The bus was getting more and more crowded, I had never tripped with so many people around. Suddenly, I noticed one person who had a shirt with some phrase about his Christian church. And another reading a book about miracles. I started getting paranoid, feeling I didn't belong in that place with so many people with those religious prejudices against drugs and sex and everything.

Feeling anxious, I decided I'd concentrate on Jesus's biggest message: love your neighbour. Love everyone. Then my head revolved around this. How can I love everyone? How can I love people who follow religions that forbid them to think for themselves? People who hate homosexuals, people who watch TV all weekend, how can I love them?

It seems easy to love people, when you're with your friends or family. But in that big crowd, how can I?

Still, I knew love was the only way. The other way, apparently much easier, would be nihilism, hatred, contempt.

I arrived at the concert hall, met my friend, and these thoughts wouldn't leave my mind. The opening act was a young black guitarist, a true improviser, in the style of Jimi Hendrix. Then came Eric Clapton, a real master.

All over the show, I was trying to answer my question, how could I love everyone? People who couldn't stop texting their friends while Clapton was playing, people who can't just sit and pay attention at the sheer beauty of music. How can I love them?

My attempt of an answer was that loving my friends, my family and people like me is really easy, and in order to be an accomplished person I'd have to learn to love strangers, people I don't know, people who are in no way like me, people who may hate me. They may even crucify me, like people did to Jesus, and I should keep loving them if I want to be a better person.

Two days after that trip, I was reading some bits of the Bible, and I found the Sermon of the Mountain, which I had never read before in my life, having grown up in a atheist family.

Jesus says:

You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor, and hate your enemy.'
But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you,
(...)
For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have?
Don't even the tax collectors do the same?
If you only greet your friends, what more do you do than others?

It was really mind-blowing to read that someone, 2000 years ago, had had exactly the same thoughts as me.

Since that trip, I have a big admiration for Jesus and other religious figures who realised great universal truths that LSD made me so lucky to independently realise too.
They're not that different, anyway, a psychedelic experience and a (real, not dogmatic, not opressive, mind-expanding) religious experience.

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_lsd
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
exptype_spiritual
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
It was said that a lot of spiritual happenings in the bible were caused by the writers themselves taking some sort of hallucinogenic. It hasn't been proven but, it is a theory. Otherewise nice story, I enjoyed reading it :)

very nice story, thank you for sharing...

though i dont really agree that most spiritual happenings were the result of psychdelics... i think the human mind is equally capable of phylosophy and beauty sober as it is when tripping. just takes practice and a focused mind.
on the other hand religion, as psychedelics, have been with us and will probably continue to be with us for some time, so they may equally be important to the human soul.