• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Unknown blotter/2 hits) - No prior experience - nearly kill me !

Kishka

Bluelighter
Forewarning: This disaster report was written after the user took what they were told was LSD - they later tested positive for amphetamines so it is clear they were not sold what they thought. I'm moving this over to Trip Reports to serve as a warning. Taking 2 doses of something that you already can't be certain is the drug you were intending to take can be very dangerous, and potentially life-threatening. It's always important to start small with any new batch of any drug - and people sometimes forget, this goes for psychedelics too!

Please no ID discussion in this thread. ~Jesusgreen

Hello everybody,

Ok so, I decided to make this post after a terrible event that happened to me and maybe have some help. I joined the Bluelight board by the recommandation of my friend. I hope I can tell you what happened :\

My name is Svenika, I'm a 21 years old girl living in Sweden in the suburb of Stockholm by myself with my dog Kishka :)

I must say that I have never tried any drugs in my life, never Marijuana nor cigarettes!
I especially like everything related to human beings and their behavior. I have read many books on this subject, and I came across something interesting. I read that some people manage to reach a state of trance by ingesting psychedelic drugs, especially LSD and Mushrooms.I am more knowledgeable and I was really drawn to this mystical state. I started to read books of Huxley and I was, well I think was ready for my first psychedelic experience...

It all started when me and my friend decide to take part in a musical show in Belgium in Brussels 2 weeks ago. We took the fly to Belgium (A beautiful and yet small country <3). My friend told me he knows a guy in Belgium which sell very good acid. I was excited as possible :)

We have taken place in the musical show and we met this person. The person was decent, polite and friendly. He was also dressed fine. A very handsome boy. We started to discuss anything and everything and it drifted to LSD. I bought the drugs for my first time, I was pretty anxious. I bought 4 small square of paper. The design of the paper looks like a guy was riding a bike, with a hill in the background and there was a sun on the right corner of the paper. I saddenly can't remember the name. It was maybe "The Riding guy" well I don't know. I was confident with the looking of the paper.

Me and my friend spent 3 days in a hotel in Belgium and we have made interesting things, including a discovery of major cities and tourist places, it was nice enough. I was really excited to take LSD.
We flew to Sweden, our homeland. 2 Weeks ago I took my first LSD trip ever in my life. I have to say that I did very intense things such as bungee jumping, parachute jump, mountain climbing but LSD was the MOST INTENSE THINGS I'VE DONE SINCE I'M BORN NO JOKE 8o Let me explain my terrible day...

I got up around 8 am, I have lunch, took my shower, I did some sport then I contacted my friend to watch over me. My plan was to took acid outside in a chill place in my town (first error). I remember that the guy said his acid was not too strong and he suggest me to take 2 paper square directly. Not too strong... MY FUCKING ASS ! :!:!
It was 11 am when I took 2 pieces of paper containing LSD. I was a bit anxious but excited at the same time. We sat on a bench waiting for the first effects to come. I wait for a very long time. I've waited 2 hours and nothing was working. I text the boy saying his "LSD" was not working and probably I got ripped off!! HOW WRONG I WAS :\ I felt the effect 3 hours and thirty minutes after ingesting the LSD, I'm so serious, the first effect came at 2 PM ~.
I had never felt anything like before. It was amazing! For the first time in my life, I saw the colors bending together and it changes shades. I noticed that my environment was not the same. The shapes of the buildings gave me the impression of being smoothed. I thought I was walking on a liquid surface, sometimes in the form of cotton. I began to being lost in my head, but it was very clear at the same time. I thought that my internal temperature was upping or sometimes downgrading (Hot/cold sensation). I was so impressed that my body can feel such things. I was moving everywhere, literraly laughing at my environnement. It was hard for me to keep control. I heard voices in my head like a siren who was singing a tune :D

When I looked at my friend, his face was literally changing. It's so hard to describe but it's like he was taking age/being older in few seconds, then his face look like he was a baby. I saw behind "him" like some kind of aura, I was feeling his emotion. I don't remember the time since the time was so hard to track. Physically it was rather strange, my legs felt like gelatin. I kept saying to my friend that my chest was warm and how funny it was :) I was very agitated but I liked it :eek: Really I never felt any kinds of effects like this in my whole life time. The effects in my mind was so clear, I had rapid thoughts and I easily lost parts of my sentences. I was laughing so madly, I still remember that I was shaking slightly sometimes (Mainly in hands / legs) but didn't care a shit about it. The experience was going very well... so well.

Here's the second part of the beginning of my horror trip. I was so exhausted and sat on the grass and listening to some people talking together. I turn my face to speak to my friend when he look at me surprised! I asked "What ? Tom (the name of my friend) ?". Then he scared the shit out of me deeply by saying : "Sven, why your lips and your nose are blue ? Is this part of the experience ?" 8(

I was so scared ! We run to my apartment, my mind was in fear, the more I was walking to my apartment, the more the street widens and becomes interminable. I finally find my building and I was running up my apartment running in the stairs in crisis. I look at myself in the mirror ! I was so shocked to see myself. I was so pale and my lips and my nose were indeed blue. My friends was in stress and he kept saying "Are you sure it's normal please please ?". I was fucking lost in my thoughts and In my world. Nothing was funny anymore. My apartment seemed dirty and messy. There were cobwebs everywhere. Kitchen utensils were dirty and the floor was filled with insects (looks like bugs). Now my friend said that my hands was cold and blue! How guys I was so terrified. My head start pounding I was sweating in a full panick. I directly take out the blotters in my pocket and I threw them in the toilet. My friend took me in his car to the hospital. I was petrified and couldn't move. He put a blanket on me because I was so cold. My hands were freaking the shit out of me, they were so blue especially the right hand. Arrival at the hospital, I was directly supported by hospital staff to an emergency room. I don't remember much here but it was terribly scaring. They were strange silhouettes and the room was dark and creepy. I saw needles in my arm and people was taking my blood out of my system. I think they were going to kill me! It was horrible. They put me then on supervised control (It's a room with foam walls (like in psychiatry). I was yelling and I take my clothes out! I was totally naked in the room and I was saying satanic things and insulting my relatives. My heart was pounding so hardly, it was hurting but badly 8o HORRIBLE :(

Then some unknow people came (Now I know it was the staff of the ER) put me in a stretcher and apparently they were injecting me something to calm me down. (They later said when I was sober that they didn't know what to do cause there was any LSD in my blood but amphetamines, AMPHETAMINES ????? What the fuck. They said they were trying to calm me down cause my heart was beating over 200 BPM and I was in serious conditions and in oxygen deprivation. They clearly said they are never saw an overdose like this and I had so much chance that I'm still alive). They also put a mask on my face with oxygen and something to regulate my blood pressure.

The next day I was still in the experience but less intense and rough than before. I'm so sad because I have serious physical problems. I took medecine for my right elbow and upper arms because the skin of them turns DARK/BROWN ! I can't move my fingers very much, it's hurting so much (This event took place nearly 3 weeks ago now).

I never think LSD was something like this ! It scared me of everything and especially drugs ! I swear myself to god that I will not drink a single drop of alcohol anymore! I scare my best friend too and he was crying for me. My mind is still cloudy and my chest sometimes hurt or I'm having heart palpitations (I'm sober for god sake 8( )

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_unknown
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
exptype_healthissues
exptype_bodyload
exptype_disaster
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang on a minute kishka, all you took was 2 peices of paper? And the hospital said you had an amphetamine overdose? That's very strange. You can't fit enough amphetamine on two peices of paper to give anyone an overdose. Are you sure your drink wasn't laced with amphetamine? Did this "handsome boy" give you anything to drink?

i am not an expert, but wouldn't DOX's come up as a false read for amphetamines?

i'm willing to bet that you were sold something other than acid....LSD doesn't take 3.5 hours to come on, however the DOx chemicals, are psychedelics which are often put onto blotters and passed off as acid. they are also psychedelic amphetamines.....sorry that you were taken advantage of. the effects you mention i've never heard of from DOx ingestion, but they are known to be more physically heavy and taxing.

maybe you have an extreme sensitivity to amphetamines so somehow that dosage caused an overdose...everyone reacts differently, thats for sure, there's always few and far between individuals who get extremely strong effects from low dosages.

It sounds like you did not take LSD but a DOx compound which is amphetamine related. You had a panic attack and had the fear.

Hang on a minute kishka, all you took was 2 peices of paper? And the hospital said you had an amphetamine overdose? That's very strange. You can't fit enough amphetamine on two peices of paper to give anyone an overdose. Are you sure your drink wasn't laced with amphetamine? Did this "handsome boy" give you anything to drink?

No I don't drink anything from the boy. I bought Cola drink by myself. I'm still terribly scared by this experience. I still didn't told my friend that my elbow have turned black! I'm so afraid to tell him about that..

And what is DOX ?

DOC

DOM

et cetera, they are analogs of mescaline based on the amphetamine chemical structure. Potency is high enough to make counterfeit LSD tabs that contain DOC, DOB, DOI, DOM, or DOET. Common side-effects of overdose are vasocontriction (narrow blood vessels) and low blood flow to the extremities. I'm sorry to say you probably got ripped off. Some people simply have VERY bad side effects from the DOX compounds. Some people are able to enjoy the DOX compounds just as much as they enjoy LSD. Seems like you are one of the first people.

Whoah that's scary ! Never heard a thing like that :O Do you have any ideas why my elbow turns black ?

Last edited:
"DOx" is a group of chemically related psychedelic substances that fall into the amphetamine family (that might explain the positive test for amphetamines).
Their mental effects resemble those of LSD but they are likely to produce physical side effects in large doses / overdoses. Including high heart rate / blood pressure and vasoconstriction which would explain the bluing of your skin.
Additionally they take a longer time to show first effects and last longer than LSD.
Their usual dosage is small enough to fit on blotter papers and sadly they are sometimes misrepresented and sold as LSD.

I am so terribly sorry for what happened to you :(
Have you told your physician about your elbow? If not, I'd do that as fast as possible.
Hope you get well soon!

The staff at the hospital said my elbow turns black / darkier due to the lack of blood in my vessels :( I need to take a treatment for it !

I've been sold DOx as LSD on two occasions. It takes 3 hours to kick in as you describe and lasts for at least 14 hours. DOx can be dangerous because overdose leads to painful vasoconstriction. In extreme cases, limbs can become gangrenous and there are a couple of cases where people had to have limbs amputated.

DOx was my first "LSD" experience too and I was in pain for much of the night because my arms hurt so much. I'm sorry you had to experience that. It makes me angry that selling DOx as LSD is so common today.

Whoah It's so scary, why people are doing this ? It's so dangerous to sold things like that really, it could kill people :O I'm glad to be alive really.

Yeah it's really scary, especially because some people tend to dose their LSD rather high, what in the case of a DOx could easily end deadly.
I have nothing against selling some DOx on blotter as long it is sold as DOx and not LSD, simply because of the high danger potential.
Think it's due to profit 8(

Welcome to Bluelight Kishka, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your experience :(

LSD has a track record as being a very safe substance in humans. It also doesn't cause false positives for amphetamines and bears no real resemblance in it's structure to any amphetamines.

Unfortunately we can't help you identify what the mystery substance was, suffice to say that it either wasn't LSD or was LSD combined with something else (less likely) as LSD will not cause you to test positive for amphetamines, ever. It could be a DOx or even Bromo-DragonFLY as this is sold on blotter and has been known to cause severe vasoconstriction (shrinking of the blood vessels, causing you to turn blue/purple, feel numb/tingling sensations, and in severe cases it can be deadly) when taken in larger amounts. The fact is we really do not know though, and we won't unless you still have a sample to send off for testing.

We don't allow identification threads simply because it'll just lead to unnecessary speculation, we really don't know what you took, and no description will be able to tell us for sure. If your friend has any of the same hits left, you could send them off for a lab for testing, or check out: The LSD testing thread - otherwise I'd simply advise never to buy from someone you don't trust.

Always test with an extremely small dose when trying any new drug to ensure both that the drug is what it is supposed to be and also that you are not allergic to it. In the case of something like this where it is sold on blotter, you'd be best off taking say 1/4 of a hit or even less and waiting a few hours to see if you have any negative side-effects, the proceeding with a single blotter next attempt - and finally if you know the batch to be good you can try exploring higher doses. :)

Price discussion is also not allowed here (You quoted how much you paid for the hits of blotter), so I'm going to edit that out of your post.

I'd recommend explaining your situation to a doctor if your arm is still discoloured, and making sure if you ever take anything again in future to make sure it's from a reliable source. This sort of event where someone is sold another chemical that nearly kills them is thankfully fairly rare, but as you've experienced - it can and does happen. It's an unfortunate side-effect of drugs being illegal - where there's a black market, people will rip people off in very unscrupulous ways, sometimes leading to people ending up in hospital, or dead :(

Since you're new here I'm not going to close this straight away - but I'd like to remind people, ID threads are not allowed here so please don't discuss what the substance might have been.

If you'd like to keep this thread as an experience report, it might fare well in the trip reports forum, as a good reminder to people to make sure they never take a large dose of a new substance they've yet to test - particularly when they don't even know if it's the substance they're aiming to take. What do you think? I can move it there and remove the ID discussion if you would like.

Kishka, I'm so sad to hear of your terrible experience. When I read that it took 3 1/2 hours to come up, I thought 'Oh no, that doesn't sound like acid'. Like other people have said, it certainly sounds like you were sold something that was not LSD. You are fortunate that you had a good friend there who could help you. Be sure to do what the doctors say to be sure that your elbow will be OK... don't ignore it. It seems that you may have some skin damage due to severe vasoconstriction, but I would hope it works its way out within a few weeks.

This is why it is so bad to misrepresent drugs. LSD is an amazing chemical that is generally quite safe. You should have had a beautiful experience but instead it's a nightmare.

Hi Jesus!

Thanks for your message :) I was trusting the guy since he knows a lot about it! Anyway I'm very sad and angry that he didn't let me know what is this !? I'm also sorry for the ID discussion and even more for the price discussion... You can of course move my thread in the Trip Report category.

I'm so devastated and deeply shocked by this experience, I can't sleep straight, always having nightmare about it! I may told my friend Tom to send a message to this guy to really know what it is! I also read a trip report about the substance you call BromoDragonFLY and saw a young guy which was hospitalized and had the same symptoms as me (colouring of the skin!). That guy buy his blotters in Belgium too... How can we contact people who make trip report on Erowid.org ? The Trip report is called "Tripping Too Hard, Nearly Die." I also read stuff about a drug call "DOI" and people reported symptoms such as lack of blood in vessels :( How people can obtains that kind of stuff ?

Kishka, I'm so sad to hear of your terrible experience. When I read that it took 3 1/2 hours to come up, I thought 'Oh no, that doesn't sound like acid'. Like other people have said, it certainly sounds like you were sold something that was not LSD. You are fortunate that you had a good friend there who could help you. Be sure to do what the doctors say to be sure that your elbow will be OK... don't ignore it. It seems that you may have some skin damage due to severe vasoconstriction, but I would hope it works its way out within a few weeks.

This is why it is so bad to misrepresent drugs. LSD is an amazing chemical that is generally quite safe. You should have had a beautiful experience but instead it's a nightmare.

Yes pure nightmare ! I don't want to touch drug again ever :(

Like JesusGreen said (even tho he said not to say it again ;) ) ... 3.5 hours to feel it... and extreme vasoconstriction per two blotters could almost only certainly be bromo-dragonfly. There have been many cases of accidental overdose following a very similar profile.

Almost 100% can say you did not have LSD. Sorry, that's a bummer. Did your blotter have any particular taste that you can recollect? LSD blotters will usually be tasteless, or just taste slightly metallic if anything. In case you dare to try again in the future. peace!