• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[AMT Subthread] Injecting AMT

Why are people blanketing research chemicals as one drug, each RC is made up and reacts differently then another. It is unsafe to IM anything that has no research on it but, aMT is a LITTLE (not a lot, a little different). It wasn't invented in 2010, it dates back to the 60's were people would order it from chem suppliers along with LSD-25. I mean people try smoking RC's often and that really is just as unsafe as IM'ing. I understand what people are saying about not injecting RC's but it just pisses me off if I were to tell people that xxxxx is awesome, its legal as well. That they would be like, oh my god dude legal highs send you to the psych ward. Drugs send you to the psych ward, jsut because its a legal high doesn't mean its worse or better for you then anything illegal. It might be a miracle drug or something, aMT obviously isn't and has some negatives.

I don't really undertand why you would want to IM aMT, the effects profile I do not think would be very pleasent if it was effective.

I prepared AMT freebase for IV injection by heating 47mg with some Vit C (ascorbic acid) in 1ml of water. Nausea hit me almost immediately after injection and I vomited a couple of minutes later. I didn't notice how long the nausea lasted but it did pass and when it did kick in, the visuals were pretty intense. My vision was pretty much back to normal 31 hours after dosing but it was another 3 hours before I felt myself again. I conclude from this that IV injection of AMT is a worthwhile ROA but 47mg is a bit high for a first time IV dose.

its possible and just gotta say to all the people saying things like dont ask stupid questions etc, everyone has there own prefrences to taking drugs and its safer to inject legal highs than illegal ones as you never know whats illegal ones are cut with but if its a research chem bought from a shop its gunna be a hell of alot purer, to inject amt you just ad citric or vit-c to the mix before cooking it up, the same way you make heroin, crack or other research chems like amt and flubromazepam injectable.

Nice to see some feedback from IVers. I never ended up IVing it, or even trying it orally - I was always too put off by the long duration & nausea. But I still have it, so who knows. I think if I do try it, provided it hasn't degraded, I'll most likely try it nasally first, unless IV trip reports of low doses indicate a substantially shorter duration vs other ROAs.

Oh man, AMT is one of my absolute favorites. I much prefer it to MDMA, and the duration is lovely. It has a very empathogenic push, but is more clear-headed than MDMA and lasts much longer, with no come-down, just a gradual fading to sobriety. The come-up is long and can be unpleasant, and if taken orally it might make you really nauseous, which is basically the only downside in my book. It's more psychedelic than MDMA too but I wouldn't call it a full-on psychedelic. It's my absolute favorite drug to take at something like a music festival because I fully enjoy meeting and talking to a bunch of people, and it gives me energy for a long time and I feel really into everything. I have like 1 dose left, the last place I know of selling it stopped selling it and then got raided. It was super cheap and I should have gotten a whole bunch of it so I'd always have it available... but alas. :(

Nasally it burns SO BAD and the absolutely god-awful smell stays with you for a long time, I don't recommend it. Rectal admin is my favorite with this as it reduces bodyload, shortens come-up, makes nausea far less or nonexistent, and the main effects last about the same amount of time but the come-up and trailing end are shorter (so the total duration is shorter by a couple of hours).

Awesome feedback, thanks! I'd definitely try plugging (it really seems to shorten duration of most drugs for me), but unfortunately my chronic constipation makes it a very ineffective method now. So maybe IV is worth it...I have 2 oral doses in capsules (at least 40mg per dose, possibly more than 2x that, I'd guess), & if I can't get it easily again better to stretch it out. I'm shocked you like it more than MDMA! FWIW, I always feel very clear headed on MDMA. It's one reason I liked it so much.

Overall I like it more, the flood of magic euphoria that MDMA can have is something I've only ever felt from MDMA, but for one thing, I haven;t managed to feel that in years from MDMA, and for another, MDMA depletes you, lasts too short and feels "lossy" on the comedown, and makes me feel low the next couple of days. Whereas AMT leaves me feel low-energy but happy the next day and has a lingering antidepressant quality, and the duration is such that it feels like there's ample time for anything. And the euphoria is very consistent.

I never got a crash from MDMA - just a nice afterglow. But after 10x (always just 1 pill or 100mg) over 3yrs, I lost the magic. I tried after a 4yr break but nothing. Might try againnow, after a 13yr break. I haven't kept up - has anyone ever regained the magic?

I do agree about the shortness of duration & lossy comedown (good description). I just get true euphoria from so few drugs & strongly so from even fewer (MDMA, LSD, meth - none of which I can use any more or with regularity). I really wonder if MDMA being my first high spoiled me horribly. Though I've often thought, if I'd tried weed or alcohol first, I may have been put off all drugs.

Yeah I lost the magic too. I've had some nice moments that were really great since then but my first rolls... nothing compares. AMT doesn't compare to that, but I still love AMT just as much and I can't say the same about MDMA.

I was wondering, what dosages have been used when IVing aMT?

I always noticed a big discrepancy between my dosages and almost every report I have found for oral or insufflated aMT, where would take no more than 20-40mg with 50-60mg being considered a high dose, while my normal party dose was 150mg (100mg + 50mg 2 hours later, oral or mixed oral/insufflated).
My first time, with very little tolerance to stims, I took 280mg of the freebase (oral) during the course of 6 hours, and while it was an epic trip, with saucer pupils lasting literally 24 hours and an inability to look out the window during the day as I would experience "Riddick without shades" saturated and painful vision, there were no negative side effects to speak of for me and for my trip buddy, a 100lbs girl who took 170mg (that dose for her was the same mg/kg as me).

I thought I might not have been getting pure aMT or not aMT at all, but one of the batches was courteously tested for me by the Police lab and the report indicated aMT as the substance and >98% as the purity, and no difference potency or effects was noted by me and a few close friends between the tested batch and other batches.

I too greatly prefer aMT to MDMA as it can reliably bring me were MDMA could but without the bad comedown.
The first few experiences on MDMA where more intense, but it seems those feelings can't be induced anymore.

Yeah I lost the magic too. I've had some nice moments that were really great since then but my first rolls... nothing compares. AMT doesn't compare to that, but I still love AMT just as much and I can't say the same about MDMA.

For me, since losing the magic I experienced a ton of unpleasant physical side effects & dysphoria on MDMA. Your view on AMT is basically how I feel about meth.

Phobos, thank you for your input, it's certainly reigniting my interest in amt.

Surprise surprise, I was looking through my collection and found a vial with about 500mg of AMT in it that I forgot I had. :) Lovely find, especially these days when AMT isn't anywhere to be found.

Surprise surprise, I was looking through my collection and found a vial with about 500mg of AMT in it that I forgot I had. :) Lovely find, especially these days when AMT isn't anywhere to be found.

When i grow up I want to have such a collection of drugs that I go through it and find extremely rare things that I FORGOT i had! =D

You're living the dream, man!

I'll try not to, it's my favorite festival drug but there aren't any festivals until the end of June, so...

I wanted to add something regarding higher doses of aMT, while my experience is not with IV ROA, I feel it is appropriate considering the higher bioavailability of that route.
First of all, aMT is a reversible MAOI, apparently it has a potency similar to Harmaline, meaning at about 150mg you should get full MAO inhibition.
Watch out what you eat and what other drugs you take. I once overdosed on a aMT + MDAI combo of 250mg each (SNDRA+SNRI... I was VERY stupid) basically had a seizure on the start of the comeup, woke up with my face in a pool of my blood, and went right to sleep. I feel I was very lucky, I discourage combinations of this sort.

Also, the psychedelic side aMT makes people forget to mention that it is slightly stronger than methamphetamine as a monoamine releaser (with the exception of being weaker at releasing adrenalin), and a bit inferior as a reuptake inhibitor, see images below.
It can be habit forming but it is not particularly prone to induce multiday benders IME.

Holy shit 250mg of AMT? In combo with MDAI? I've taken 100mg of AMT back in the day when I was taking it way too often... never wanted to go higher.

Yes, it was very stupid, but I wanted to get high so much it clouded my judgement.
But I was used to taking 150mg doses in that period of time, so it did not appear as such a big increase, in that moment.
What amazes me to this day is that I had a seizure in less than an hour from ingestion, woke up feeling entirely sober, went to bed and fell asleep immediately.
The fall had caused a quarter inch cut in my eyebrow wich I didn't patch so I had to tear the blood infused pillow off my face the next morning.:eek:

Damn man that's nuts. Glad you're still with us.