• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[AMT Subthread] Injecting AMT

*sigh*

I, my roommate, and Murple have the same opinion about this injecting AMT bullshit because we have seen and been through more than you in terms of drugs (and don't even TRY to dispute this). We've fucked up and we've learned from it. We claim the authority of experience.

Please, for the love of God, STOP with the fucking condescension. Guess what, you and Murple AREN'T the world fucking experts on psychedelic drug use! Nothing upsets me more than the "I've fucked up, and so I know what's up, and since you haven't fucked up, you don't have a clue" mindset. Has it perhaps occurred to you that maybe I'm cautious & aware enough to avoid fucking up badly? Just because YOU have not been able to avoid disaster does not mean that fate extends to everyone else. I am not claming that I am invincible, nor do I consider myself such. But I do have a lot of experience with a variety of drugs. I have had intense experiences. I have had flawed/frightening experiences (once, mild serotonin syndrome, once a panic attack/weird drug interaction between a medication and shrooms). I have witnessed overdoses/drug-related crises on numerous occasions. I have also heard first-hand accounts of ODs/crises related to me.

I will stop trying to argue my case, as it is clear that my words, and my opinions, are making little or no impact on you. It is somewhat sad/frustrating to be recieved by you in this manner, because I do value other people's opinions (and I have always admired both of you), but ultimately I value my own view of myself and my own beliefs far more than anyone else's.

The one last thing I have to say, if it is of any consolation: I haver never, not once, at any point during my drug use, felt that I could not drive a car or alert authorities if absolutely necessary. I have always had the ability to 'sober up' and deal with practical issues if necessary. I do not know if I will always have this ability, and in some ways I would like to lose it (at least once). But it is something that I have observed, and I do believe it is a form of a saving grace, despite my adventurousness.

Edit: I have a VEIN/blood fetish, which began as a child, long before I ever had any interest in drugs. And neither Ryan nor anyone else I've ever dated has track marks (not that they'd be an automatic deal breaker), so I have no clue where you came up with that. Maybe you weren't in your right mind?

Last edited:
Sure, you can say doing something with experimentals chems could be dangerous, but whos to say whether is a stupid idea. Like it was mentioned before, people realize injecting heroin is a bad idea. How will people know till one tries. God forbid someone dies from it. But you cant shoot down an idea till you know its a bad one for a fact.

Murple or 5HT-2, could you please tell me what is so incredibly dangerous about iv'ing one milligram of amt, seeing as people that eat 120 milligrams all the time? All I have seen is, "just because, you ignorant fucks". I don't think that people realize exactly whats going on here. Shulgin would synthesize NEW, previously unknown, chemicals in his lab, then eat them with his friends. People practically worship that guy. Yet when someone else wants to do a little experimenting of their own, people seem to freak out about it. Just an observation.
peace

You could not pay enough money for me to willingly IV AMT!
[ 08 May 2002: Message edited by: Catch-22 ]

********** - What is this disaster you're crediting me with? I can't think of any disasters relating to AMT or injecting chemicals that I've ever had. I'm not saying "I've fucked up and you haven't so I know better..." That would be kind of dumb. I haven't had any AMT injecting disasters because I know better than to go injecting experimental chemicals I bought off the internet.
If you have to ask why injecting experimental drugs bought online is dangerous... seriously, do yourself a favor and dont take experimental drugs. This should be obvious, really.

I think I misrepresented what I meant to say before. What I meant to say was this; I don't see why it is so much more dangerous to shoot one mg versus swallowing 120 mgs.
peace

Originally posted by smh254:

And to add to this train of thought: why was it cool for Shulgin to eat chemicals which he had no experience with before and had no idea what would happen to him if he did take them? If you are going to criticize a person for shooting AMT then you should probably stop taking research chemicals orally as well because there has not been enough research done to tell us what the long term effects are.
smh254.

Good point. I hate being forced to eat my words, but this comparison with Shulgin really changed my perspective on this dispute. I knew beforehand that fairnymph is very much the methodical, careful type with her drug administration, she's not going to do an insane amount of AMT, and she's going to ramp the dose up slowly. I know exactly where this AMT came from and can vouch for its purity (I saw the NMR spectrum), so there is little danger in that regard. She even said she might agree to let me sit for her so that I can give her emergency medical attention if necessary (which it probably won't be). Nonetheless, I would still prefer that she ate the AMT. Remember, Shulgin never injected most of the drugs he made due to the great increase in risk that the speed and strength of that method entail.
---5HT-2

Thank you 5HT-2.

Murple, I would have thought I would have only had to say it once, but I am not 'buying research chemicals off the internet' nor am I 'injecting chemicals that I bought online'. I asked you kindly to please stop making assumptions (especially false ones), and I would appreciate it if you could grant me this courtesy.

Last edited:
just shoot the shit already, good lord. Sounds like you've made up your mind already, now DO IT!@@^%@%^

Originally posted by i_luv_chemicals:
i have made up my mind. Im just looking for something that amt is soluable in
good question, I know its not water-soluable. I'm pretty sure it is in a strong proof alcohol, but bleh I wouldn't want that in my veins! I think I remember reading you could do something with a solvent (ie ether) and add an acid (I remember something about vitamin c). Forgot the rest though, maybe someone with some experience will come around.

IMO, the best idea would be to convert the AMT to its salt (i.e. AMT.hcl). Then just dissolve the AMT hydrochloride in water and shoot...

Question

So, let me get this straight. Let's say you have 1 g of AMT freebase and plan on dissolving it on saline solution (for IM'ing, plugging, drinking, etc.). From what I've understood so far, I:

1. Prepare 10 ml of saline solution on a clean empty glass
  2. Add some milligrams of AMT to the glass
  3. Add just enough drops of HCl to the glass... until the floating AMT powder enters the solution
  4. Return to step 2 until all the AMT is dissolved
  5. Adjust the solution for PH (goal? Blood's PH 7,35 - 7,45?). I could figure it out but could some knoledgeable one of you quick explain it? :\
  6. Calculate/adjust concentration.
  7. Store the solution on an empty vial/bottle.

Any tips? :)

Cheers

Insufflation works pretty well for AMT, both to lessen the dose and shorten the duration. I've never had any side effects other than becoming quite heated when insufflating say 10-15mg of AMT. I tend to snort tiny bits until I'm where I'm wanting to be, and I love it. One of my favourite drugs, insufflated AMT. Great to go out into the woods hunting for wild mushrooms while on a bit. Works nicely with MXE too.

I wouldn't want to IV AMT personally, it could easily turn out too intense, and the increase in body heat would make me too uncomfortable.

So, let me get this straight. Let's say you have 1 g of AMT freebase and plan on dissolving it on saline solution (for IM'ing, plugging, drinking, etc.). From what I've understood so far, I:

1. Prepare 10 ml of saline solution on a clean empty glass
  2. Add some milligrams of AMT to the glass
  3. Add just enough drops of HCl to the glass... until the floating AMT powder enters the solution
  4. Return to step 2 until all the AMT is dissolved
  5. Adjust the solution for PH (goal? Blood's PH 7,35 - 7,45?). I could figure it out but could some knoledgeable one of you quick explain it? :\
  6. Calculate/adjust concentration.
  7. Store the solution on an empty vial/bottle.

Any tips? :)

Cheers
Have you confirmed aMT HCl's stability in water for long term storage? I'd say you're better off fan evaporating the HCl solution in as broad a glass/pyrex dish as possible (to increase surface area and speed evap) and storing as powder. Any excess HCl will evaporate into the air, so unlike other acids you don't have to worry about calculating moles. I would still use as little HCl as possible, though (just slowly add to water until aMT goes totally into solution). A while back I asked about doing a freebase conversion on the quick by just adding 10 or 20% HCl directly to a psychedelic freebase in Advanced Drug Discussion (assuming I'd just let the excess evaporate away) and one poster voiced concern that super low pH might be bad for the compound (I have to assume a pH of like 2.5 - 3 is in the safe range, as that's like white vinegar range). If you've got a fan, a clean-ish ventilated area, and 24 hours you should be able to pull it off over a day. Obviously you'll have to weigh out the powder every time this way but it should last for a long time as the HCl (I had some for like 5 years without any noticeable change). The poster also recommended a recrystalization to remove impurities for injection, but if you don't have any experience with that and want to do it I'd test it first with like 100 mg freebase to make sure your technique recovers most of it (factoring in predicted aMT HCl increased mass vs. freebase).

Or dissolve the freebase in a suitable solvent, such as probably THF, diethyl ether or toluene, lead HCl gas through it (generate from salt and conc. H2SO4, or by adding either conc. H2SO4 to some conc. HCl (aq solution) or dripping it onto P2O5/P4O10, or whatever of the two formulas you want to give for phosphorus pentoxide, to dehydrate it....this is going to be quite an exothermic reaction, bear the heat it will generate in mind when doing so) and evaporate the solvent to give the hydrochloride.

Then use HCl and NaOH solutions dropwise to adjust the solutions to physiological PH when needed. Recrystallize first to remove impurities, and micron filter the solution as and when prepared for injection. Use small quantities of AMT, start will a milligram, or two maybe and work your way up until an active dose you are comfortable with is found. Inject solution slowly, so if it looks like it will be way too much, you don't boot up the rest in haste to get it all into your system

Regarding IV aMT: I've done it once out of curiosity. It was no more potent than IM. The onset was definitely quicker than IM -- which takes about an hour to plateau -- but was still very drawn out. I only did 4 mg, mind you, so that's somewhat limiting my judgment, but in that one experience there was not a hint of a rush or any qualitative change compared to IM other than reaching plateau in maybe 45 minutes (far longer than other IM tryptamines). Overall the experience was mild, just as I'd expect 4 mg IM to be. It's possible things change at higher doses I suppose.

i have dissolved AMT into solutions of drinking alcohol (for drinking) but if you have the freebase, just smoke it. If you like the taste and smell, It smokes amazingly well. I burned my way through a gram of freebase last month, seriously, just smoke it. it comes on just as fast and hard if you do it properly. Leave your veins alone.