• MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 6-APB Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesusgreen

Bluelight Crew

Welcome To The Big & Dandy 6-APB Thread

6-APB_structure.png

6-APB is a psychedelic stimulant with empathogenic qualities. It is closely related to MDA and has seen a surge in popularity in 2010 in part due to it's legal status. However it is an analogue of illegal compounds and is therefore subject to legal scrutiny in countries like the US. To remind all of you of Bluelight's rules it is not allowed to discuss vendors, sources and prices.

Since this is an analogue of MDA and is likely to exert similar action to the MDxx compounds, you should treat this like MDxx and avoid doing this too frequently. Here at Bluelight we often advise "the one month rule", taking a break of at least one month between uses, and this would fit well with 6-APB too.

Previous B&Ds:

Subthreads:

No vendor talk please, seems to be common in these B&D threads, but it will not be tolerated. You have been warned.

--- From the previous thread ---

Following is a copy from a list in the 6-APB Temp Sticky Thread, it is quite old and you may have different ideas about these effects which were collected with preliminary bioassays with "benzo fury" products.

Hi there PD,

as you might know there is a massive amount of chatter involving the compound 6-APB (and also 6-APDB) being generated and it is consequentially difficult to get a sensible idea about where we are all standing with it.

That is why we mean to gather every piece of evidence and considerably valuable posts here, so that not every single person has to go data-mining through a lot of junk. Of course, we have to be selective so you can always still go through it if you have specific questions.

[starting here myself, mods kindly create your own post to work in, at some point we may merge and even reorganize into *evidence and *other valuable posts, perhaps otherwise constructed we'll see]

- could not find an ADD thread about it, am I blind?
- currently working in: The 6-APB thread v. Is full of dummies from back to front. Got to page 35 (half).

Distilled generalizations:

It seems mostly subjective experiences are posted here between (sometimes saddening) social chatting and many
have the same product which seems to be 6-APB, with corresponding effects reported that could fit the bill.
A marquis reaction at least one user did was also affirmative.
However analysis of this product is not expected to be readily forthcoming, also there is inconsistency in the mass of
the big pills / pellets and there might be a general spread in the material as well. This in part would account for the
variation in reactions, then again it might not mean anything at all. The following was distilled from the many posts:

(effects profile updated 30/11/11 with some changes based on more evidence from experiences etc. I suspect the conflicting reports are due to a lot of other chemicals being sold as 6-APB - Jesusgreen)
Duration:

Note: highly variable and needing more datapoints

Onset: 45 (or less) -120 mins
Comeup + Plateau: 5-10 hours
Comedown: 4-6 hours
Residual Effects: ?

Possible effects described:

• Visual augmentation rather than distortion - visuals / distortion are possible though (probably at larger doses?) and likened to the visual effect higher doses of MDMA produce.
  • Noted music appreciation, an effect reported remarkably often (from limited info)
  • Long, drawn out i.e. dilated experience
  • Empathogenic, mildly entactogenic
  • Euphoria, though not noted by everyone - Seems to have more quality than superficial stimulants
  • Rushing feelings or "waves", ranging from absent to strong
  • Apparently not notably 'fiendish'

Other notes:

• Not everyone is appreciative of the enhancing effects
  • Some find it comparable to MDMA, although significantly less 'hard'
  • Others find it quite unlike MDMA or MDA
  • Unreliable stimulant effects and euphoria
  • It seems that compared to mdma: more side-effects for your euphoria and other expected positive effects
  • Not feeling particularly toxic, but still somewhat dirty (consistent with other opinions)
  • Most reports seem to indicate significant pupil dilation, however some people only notice slight dilation or none at all. Likely to be dose relevant.

Possible side-effects:

• Generally not terribly stimulant-like side effect but still there! (high heartrate / bloodpressure), tightness in chest
  • Sweating
  • Nystagmus
  • Dry mouth, seems to absord water from the body like chemically comparable substances
  • Pronounced bruxism, jaw tension, grinding
  • Warm extremeties / mild parasthesia or tingling, another user gets cold extremeties rather than warm, trouble regulating body temperature like MDMA produces? But due to stimulant effects more chance of overheating than hypothermia.
  • Some jitteriness
  • Wobbly walking / rubbery legs.
  • Difficulty urinating
  • Possible nausea / emesis (vomiting)
  • Some experience headaches (possibly due to dehydration and/or overheating and/or harmful metabolites or even 6-APB toxicity)
  • Insomnia, long duration even longer problems sleeping
  • Crashing and washed out feeling hard to predict but definitely to be expected in higher or more frequent assays.
  • Some experience diarrhoea the day or two after use.

I appreciated this description by Invert:
Invert said:
anyway, I'm not massively out of it, yet, just slowly and pleasantly on an upward curve of MDMA-like pleasure and a degree of vaguely 'psychedelic' generic brightening and shifty waviness of vision. Feel sedate, subjectively, in a way that's familiar to me from methylone and mdma; i.e. not objectively sedated, but the pleasure feels sedate, as it were. Not so mild as to be doubtable, as far as I'm concerned, but not so strong as to be overwhelming.

Last edited:
Damn you JesusGreen you closed the thread whilst I was writing a reply! Much unnecessary confusion was caused!

I will second the stimulation. After taking 155mg (got lazy with the scale after adding slightly more than 150) I was definitely very stimulated and it lasted a really long time. I would say that it took at least 12 hours to get back to baseline and be able to sleep properly. This was my first time taking this much (I have taken 100mgs in the past a couple times) so perhaps this had to do with the duration.

Also, as a side not I noticed far more visuals and general hallucinogenic properties at this dosage level than I did at 100mgs. I've gone out before on the lower doses, but I'm not sure I'd want to go clubbing etc with a higher dose. Next time I'll have to try 125mg and see what the difference is.

Did you find the experience enjoyable, or was it too overwhelming? Sometimes I find that if I push things a little too much, I'm left holding on for dear life whilst I sweat kittens.

When I said stimulating, I didn't mean effects of dopamine and things like that, but actual effects of 6-APB.

Not being able to sleep doesn't mean 6-APB stimulates you. I don't want to do things on it, except of sitting and talking calmly. Maybe dance a little, but it's not enough for me to call it stimulating. I believe I'm sure of the product I have

Same as that you're able to go to sleep after a coffe doesn't mean it's not a stimulant. It is, in a more degree than 6-APB IMO, because it makes me want to do things.

When I said stimulating, I didn't mean effects of dopamine and things like that, but actual effects of 6-APB.

Not being able to sleep doesn't mean 6-APB stimulates you. I don't want to do things on it, except of sitting and talking calmly. Maybe dance a little, but it's not enough for me to call it stimulating. I believe I'm sure of the product I have

Same as that you're able to go to sleep after a coffe doesn't mean it's not a stimulant. It is, in a more degree than 6-APB IMO, because it makes me want to do things.

Oh. 6-APB isn't very motivational if that's what you meant. All I want to do is lie in bed and writhe about to music or sit at the computer & watch videos when I'm on 6-APB. Cocaine this is not.

No notable pupil dilation reported yet - some report slight dilation, though someone reported significant dilation.

Really? I get absolutly HUGE pupils on this, larger than MDMA and shrooms.

That is not what is commonly meant by "stimulating." The type of dopaminergic effects you mentioned are what are usually referred to as stimulation IMO

No notable pupil dilation reported yet - some report slight dilation, though someone reported significant dilation.

Concur with this. Very bug-eyed. It would be fucking awesome if it didn't cause pupil dilation, but alas!

Is this a MDA alternative or not?

I have not tried MDA so take my post with a pinch of salt, but this felt very much like how MDA is described, but more on the euphoric and stimulating side and slightly less visual, since I took quite a high dose and the visuals were present and noticeable, but nothing too crazy (CEVs were pretty exciting though). It's best you treat 6-APB as it's own drug, rather than taking it as an alternative for another, you'll likely enjoy it more that way :)

Also, regarding large pupils, yeah.. I still had dilated pupils 13 hours after dosing on this if I remember right. Took a night's sleep to get rid of them 8o

I found it very enjoyable, and in fact I would consider taking a slightly higher does down the road (say 175-200mg). What I really meant was that my setting was what I would change based on the dose. Personally I don't like to feel to "fucked up" if I'm going out to a very public place like a club or party where I don't know the majority of the people. So at this dose for me the wobbily legs and distortion of vision would be enough to deter me from going out. I don't even like taking very high doses of MDMA (or MDA) if I'm going out, but I would in a more laid back environment.

The intensity of my experience was not enough to be uncomfortable in any way (for me at least), and it really hasn't left me feeling all that wiped out. Overall I am very impressed with this stuff and with the crap MDMA in my area it is probably the best thing available atm.

I would also have to say my pupils become extremely large on this stuff. But that is coming from someone whos pupils get big whenever im having fun

I actually didn't notice the pupil dilation quote was from the OP. I'll take a look through it and edit anything that's obviously been corrected since people have had more experience. :)

Edit: Updated the part about pupil dilation, and added diarrhoea to the possible side-effects for the day or two after use, since several people have reported it, myself included.

Last edited:
ah, the diarrhea... such wonderful ass wiping memories. was getting worried i was unlucky to get an impure synth, but since it happened to more people its proably related to the chem itself. now for the discussion on how to combat it... i wonder if plugging might be a solution. or maybe just fasting beforehand (though such an energy demanding chem would require at least some sugary treats throughout...)

about the pupil dilation, ive noticed that as my experience with psychdelics became greater, and my handling of he experience was improving, somehow the pupils didnt appear to dilate that much. i wonder if it is just a subjective observation on my part... ive noticed it though on a friend that has been using methylone for the past year (monthly, 2/month on rare occasions). his doses are more or less the same but the pupil dilation has stabilized to something less than it used to be in the beginning

So after taking 150mg recently, I really had a hard time falling asleep even 12 hours after dosing. I'd say it probably took about 18 hours or so till I was really able to legitimately fall asleep. I realize not being able to sleep should be common with a stimulant, as I have had the same issues with MDMA, 4-FA so one and so forth.

What I wanted to know is what is a safe thing to take to help knock me out so to speak say 8-12 hours after dosing when the main effects of the substance have worn off, but one is left with that residual stimulated feeling? I personally don't have access to any benzo's atm and that would probably be the best thing.

Would melatonin or something like benedryl have an adverse reaction? I have heard of people having issues with taking those after rolling on MDMA, so I kind of worry that it would be the same.

Basically just curious what safe thing there would be to take to help get to sleep without laying in bed for hours kinda half asleep and half awake.

I don't have access to benzos either and I tend to use a few shots of whiskey or any other alcohol in their place. Works a treat. Just don't overdo it :)

Etizolam is quite widely available and works too. If you're in europe GBL/GHB is similarly effective.

So after taking 150mg recently, I really had a hard time falling asleep even 12 hours after dosing. I'd say it probably took about 18 hours or so till I was really able to legitimately fall asleep. I realize not being able to sleep should be common with a stimulant, as I have had the same issues with MDMA, 4-FA so one and so forth.

What I wanted to know is what is a safe thing to take to help knock me out so to speak say 8-12 hours after dosing when the main effects of the substance have worn off, but one is left with that residual stimulated feeling? I personally don't have access to any benzo's atm and that would probably be the best thing.

Would melatonin or something like benedryl have an adverse reaction? I have heard of people having issues with taking those after rolling on MDMA, so I kind of worry that it would be the same.

Basically just curious what safe thing there would be to take to help get to sleep without laying in bed for hours kinda half asleep and half awake.

If you know how to get hold of 6-APB (online) I'm sure you can figure out a way to get some benzos :)
Beware though, I had a major benzo-blackout after a day of drinking beer and doing methylone. Normally it just helps me get some sleep but suddenly it went all wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.