• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2011-2012 college football thread v. SEC circle jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.
so all you fucking whiners, why don't you just take a page out of LSU's book? since Ken cheats and her fucking cheating tygahs cheat and Ken helps them cheat because she cheats and cheat and cheat and buy the best players (which is LOL because Jordan Jefferson? LOLOLOL 8)) and win shit tons of games because we cheat and the NCAA doesn't even look our cheating way even though ALL WE DO IS CHEAT because obviously the CHEATING SEC OWNS ALL THE NCAA SO WE CAN CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT UNIMPEDED.

i'm sorry your loser programs don't have the balls to do this cheating/winning thing properly.
I think you summed it up nicely.

ha, thanks ;)

somehow, i don't feel right about playing Alabama again. It doesn't seem right that LSU plays again, against UGA, to go to Big Game and Alabama doesn't have to play again. And then they play us again. We beat you, you know? I'll take it over most alternatives. I just wish there was something else. I'm confident we'll beat them again, but..:|

so all you fucking whiners, why don't you just take a page out of LSU's book? since Ken cheats and her fucking cheating tygahs cheat and Ken helps them cheat because she cheats and cheat and cheat and buy the best players (which is LOL because Jordan Jefferson? LOLOLOL 8)) and win shit tons of games because we cheat and the NCAA doesn't even look our cheating way even though ALL WE DO IS CHEAT because obviously the CHEATING SEC OWNS ALL THE NCAA SO WE CAN CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT UNIMPEDED.

i'm sorry your loser programs don't have the balls to do this cheating/winning thing properly.

Made me lol for real. I love the fact that no other conference is even gonna have a chance to topple the SEC BCS reign this year.

I'd rather Alabama take on the top contender from another conference TBH, have LSU destroy OkSt and Alabama destroy whatever the next best conference trots out. Last year, the exact same thing happened (Sparty didn't score until Bama put up 49 points). People need to understand that the SEC West is truly as good as the rankings reflect.

LSU-Stanford seems like the best option to me.

I probably wouldn't bother watching Alabama-LSU again. That game put me to sleep.

Seeing Luck in the championship game would be awesome, although since he will no longer be a Phin I will have to hate him eventually.

I think re-matches in the BCS are a bad idea. they didn't do it in 06 when it could've been Michigan VS tOSU, and I don't see them doing it again

LSU won't be beat this year, but I think it would be exciting seeing that LSU secondary VS an already NFL caliber QB in Andrew Luck

as a fan, I just want to see a good BCS Title Game for the first time in years and years. I realize not all of them can be tOSU VS Miami or USC VS Texas... but c'mon!

look at the SOS of michigan versus florida from that year. there's really no comparison. that's why there wasn't a rematch-- that, and after auburn got snubbed a year earlier, the bcs was keen to let fans know that it was fair and reasonable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Florida_Gators_football_team#Schedule_and_results
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team#Schedule

good BCS Title Game for the first time in years and years.

i thought last year's was that good.

i've never played football but is it common after a loss for a player to place blame on the coaching staff?

cause i've never felt that way after a loss in other sports

American football is the most complicated sport on the planet. That is why there are so many different coaches on a team, to the point where some HEAD coaches don't do much but motivate and call "Go for it/punt it" on 4th and 1...Those head coaches only enjoy success and praise if they bring in a great staff (other coaches) that helps them win games. There are tons of teams in college football with the talent to win a national championship, but their coaches have not been able to develop them enough to be great at the next level (transition from high school to college). See Texas. As soon as that school gets a great coach who makes great changes to the program, they are back in the MNC picture every year.

Many of these college athletes bought in to a system while being recruited. They visit numerous schools, and every one of them treats them like royalty. The players pick one school after buying into the system implemented by the coaches who recruited them. When the team they chose ends up sucking, it is natural for them to be bitter and think "what if" (my coach was better/not just bullshitting me before). They are frustrated with themselves and their choice of school.

Good coaches can make mediocre players into champions, ans bad ones can cause a team stocked with talent to have a losing season.

GO GAMECOCKS!

DOMINATION of the Climpson Tiggers for the third straight year!

I hope all potential recruits take notice of our superior coaching staff. We play pound the rock, hard hitting defense, in-your-face football. You can be a part of this proven, winning system or you can join Clemscum with their girly finnesse, "hope we don't have to hit" style. Which one do YOU think will get you to the NFL?

hah, that's nothing. try going on something like 8 years straight against your most hated rival, nuqqa

True, true. But you must understand that Clemson has owned the rivalry in the past, still leading 65-40-4. This is the last 3 game win streak for SC since 1968-1970. This is a MAJOR turning point in the rivalry.. South Carolina fans have been historic underdogs, getting dogged by the media and Clemson fans year after year. Many SC fans, like myself (could have gone to any non-Ivy league in the country and maybe one of those), signed up with almost blind faith that history would be reversed soon. I am fucking ecstatic that Spurrier and the Gamecocks are now dominating Clemson, home of the most ignorant fan base in the nation. SO many Clemson fans were talking shit to me before the game, you would think they won 5 straight national championships. After the game, I kept my respect and composure and refused to talk needless shit to a fan base with their heads held low. I still managed a few "3 in a row" chants despite my voice being completely shot.

well, congrats. I would take South Carolina over Clemson any day, and I think the majority of NCAA fans agree on this

I think re-matches in the BCS are a bad idea. they didn't do it in 06 when it could've been Michigan VS tOSU, and I don't see them doing it again

LSU won't be beat this year, but I think it would be exciting seeing that LSU secondary VS an already NFL caliber QB in Andrew Luck

as a fan, I just want to see a good BCS Title Game for the first time in years and years. I realize not all of them can be tOSU VS Miami or USC VS Texas... but c'mon!

what, are we going to play Virginia Tech? BOISE?

I think clemson's cold-streak is mostly an aberration, unfortuntely (for you, space, I don't care much, one way of the other). They've always struck me as a program that is willing to do anything (...ANYTHING) to win, and that includes getting dirtier than USC is probably willing to get. I think dabo is a good coach for them, and Clemson is a total toilet, like Tuscaloosa, where there's nothing much to do except get really good at knocking the other motherfucker down.

You could be right though. Keep the boot on their necks, and recruit right, and you could witness a seachange— shit, if you didn't lose latimore and garcia (or had a better qb to start with) you'd probably be on the sugarbowl short list.

I think clemson's cold-streak is mostly an aberration, unfortuntely (for you, space, I don't care much, one way of the other). They've always struck me as a program that is willing to do anything (...ANYTHING) to win, and that includes getting dirtier than USC is probably willing to get

This is right. Right on the fucking money. Unfortunately for Clemson, the NCAA is cracking down like a base head with a $1000 welfare check. Combine that with the way Clemson has been playing pussy-style football, and you witness a program on the decline. More recruits are starting to come to the state's flagship untiversity. This could be the last year (in a long while) that Clemson will "out recruit" USCe. Developing those players will be a different story.

well, congrats. I would take South Carolina over Clemson any day, and I think the majority of NCAA fans agree on this

Appreciate it homie! Go Gamecocks!

Last edited:
i think the NCAA is doing the opposite of cracking down -- the whole "you can give players a couple grand in "spending money" every year" thing

Oh today is axl's day. tOSU just hired urban meyer, and they are allready talking about how he is coming into this gig with better talent than he started with at Florida. I like urban meyer as a coach just not the teams he's coached. And no one can argue with a 7-1 bowl record, 2 national championships, and all the things he did at utah and florida. I can see this having an immediate huge impact on their next recruiting class. Im sure people will be lining up to get those letters or intent signed now. Congrats

ya, it is a big day. Most likely it'll mean a return to greatness for OSU— greatness beyond even what tressel brought the brogram. There is, of course, and outside chance that Urban wont be able to adjust to coaching a program without delegating authority and having a myocardial infarction on the sidelines. itll be interesting to see either way.

the city is in fact a buzzed with more Urban news... apparently there is a press conference in ten minutes where tOSU AD Gene Smith (who should have gotten fired as well imo) will announce Meyer as the next H/C

here's hoping Coach Urbz shows up at home for the Buckeyes against their seminal b-ball match-up against Duke, to shit talk Michigan (just like Tressel did, well as much as Tressel could) almost a decade ago on the hoops floor

waiting in anticipation. welcome home to your "dream job," Urbz. please don't die

you'd think he'd dream a little bigger than placating the egos of the biggest brats in college athletics, wouldn't you? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.