Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(25C-NBOMe/1 mg) - First Time - Nice, But a Bit Much For Me

5HTguy

Greenlighter
(25C-NBOMe/1 mg)

Experience: LSD twice in the 90s. MDMA a couple dozen times, starting in the mid-90s and most recently 2 months ago. 2C-B three times, all within last 6 months. No other psychedelics.

Overview: t = 0 hrs: 0.75 mg 25C-NBOMe
t = 2 hr 30 min: 0.25 mg 25C-NBOMe
t = 7 hr 50 min 0.5 mg alprazolam
t = 9 hr ~baseline

19:40 (t = 0) 1 x 0.5 mg blotter + 0.5 x 0.25 mg blotter (0.75 mg total, at once), buccally. Same dose for my friend.

20:00 (t = 20 min) Coming off of baseline, not strongly but unambiguously. Come up begins.

20:20 (t = 40 min) Still coming up, unsure whether peak has arrived. Later I would know that it hadn't. Visuals begin: nice enhanced colors, words on TV jumbling up and down, walls etc. slightly breathing.

20:40 (t = 1 hr) Starting to roll, like an MDMA-type roll. Teeth chattering, I'm melting into the couch, feeling amazing. Surprised by these effects. Not sure what I expected, but not this. I suppose I wasn't expecting to be making such a direct mental comparison to MDMA.

21:00 to 22:00 (t = 1 hr 20 min to t = 2 hr 20 min) Rolling, feeling great. Feeling like I know where this drug is going and that I have good control over it. Feeling like I'm hitting a plateau or maybe even starting to come down. I'm not sure which, but I know the come up is behind me and I' not going to get any higher than this. Feeling the intensity in waves and having trouble deciding whether I'm plateauing or coming down. I begin referring to the drug as "wavy gravy." Starting at about 21:00, my friend is trying to convince me that we should redose with another half blotter (0.25 mg) each. He's feeling very comfortable with the drug and is ready to "challenge" it. I'm not one who ever feels the need to challenge psychedelics and tell him so. But by 22:00, I have come around slightly and agree to a bumper dose.

22:10 (t = 2 hr 30 min) 1 x 0.25 mg blotter, buccally.

22:20 (t = 2 hr 40 min) Coming up again but harder this time. But by now this is familiar territory. I'm rolling again, teeth chattering, shit eating grin. Surprised how quickly the second blotter kicked in. Damn this is fun. Like I have on other psychedelics, I'm having this synesthetic notion, "Damn this feels delicious." A definite +++ at this point.

23:00 (t = 3 hr 20 min) Still feeling the effects in waves. Waving in and out of my roll. Wondering out loud whether the wavey feeling is due to inconsistent drug delivery via the buccal blotter or whether this effect is inherent in this compound or some combination of both. My friend also is feeling waves. I believe I can feel an almost instant correlation between squeezing the blotter with my tongue and rolling: Squeeze, roll. Squeeze, roll. Could it be this instantaneous or am I imagining this effect? I can't get a beat on whether I'm feeling too hot or too cold. I keep opening and then closing the window.

00:15 (t = 4 hr 35 min) Definitely plateauing or coming down. Come down seems very gradual on this compound, in sharp contrast to 2C-B, which seems to let me off the ride almost instantaneously. At this point, I realize we have depleted my refrigerator of the ten or so 16-ounce Diet Snapples it contained. We are both consuming more liquid than normal. We decided to venture out to my car to retrieve another 6-pack from the trunk. I live in a condo complex with an elevator and a shared garage. On the way, I'm feeling socially uncomfortable, perhaps even slightly paranoid -- hoping to not have to interact with a neighbor, feeling like I would find it difficult to communicate or hide that I'm high. I realize that I would not want to be in public on this compound, a sharp contrast to how I feel on MDMA and closer to how I remember to have felt on LSD. At this point neither of us has eaten any dinner. My friend is hungry, I'm not. I could not imagine eating food at this point. He eats 4 slices of pineapple pizza from the fridge. He says it tastes amazing and that he tastes nuances in the flavors that he normally does not.

01:00 (t = 5 hr 20 min) Still feeling very high, not even close to baseline, but my friend thinks he's nearing baseline. I'm wondering out loud why there would be such a huge disparity. Still feeling hot sometimes, cold others.

01:30 (t = 5 hr 50 min) I'm starting to feel body load and slight nausea. I tell my friend I feel like I've been "rode hard and put away wet." He feels none of that, feels great.

02:00 (t = 6 hr 20 min) Body load is gone, feeling good again. Waving in and out. I start to become impatient with the compound, wanting to be back at baseline. My friend says he could sleep. I can't imagine sleeping. Is he kidding me? I'm still high as a kite.

03:00 (t = 7 hr 20 min) Closer to baseline, but not there yet. OEVs still present but ever-decreasing. Starting to feel slightly anxious. Considering taking a bit of alprazolam, hoping it will smooth things out for me.

03:30 (t = 7 hr 50 min) 0.5 mg alprazolam, orally.

04:00 (t = 8 hr 20 min) Alprazolam kicking in. Anxiety gone, body load gone. Still slightly high, but impatience is gone.

05:00 (t = 9 hr 20 min) 10 mg zolpidem, orally. Feeling very close to baseline. Lay down to bed. Asleep within 30 minutes. (Note: I take 10 mg zolpidem almost every night.)

12:00 (t = 16 hr 20 min) Wake up after a very restful sleep. Feel great after my first cup of coffee. Worked all day building closet shelves for my wife, which is what I had planned.

20:00 (t = 24 hr 20 min) Drove to Home Depot for some shelf parts. The air outside smells especially good, colors especially beautiful. Is this residual effect or my imagination? Not sure, but I feel great.

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_25cnbome
substancecode_nbomes
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_sublingual