• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The Big and Bangin' Pseudo-Advanced Drug Chemistry, Pharmacology and More Thread, V.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not by much. Inhibition of MAO-B is only partial, and inhaling burn plants is a good way to ingest oxidative species.

ebola

Can you answer my other two questions? I feel like you might be able to give me an answer.

Is it known how escitalopram can stop/reduce the (subjective)effects of mdma? Especially in long term users of escitalopram?

I realize that it most likely is related with the SSRI action of escitalopram, but what is the exact mechanism that causes this?

Blockade of the SERT and downregulation of several receptors responsible for the "high"is the bulk of it. Not sure how much detail you want, but you can find a few detailed reports of receptor changes online.

is it possible to "fool" a GC/MS, LC/MS, etc test to make it look like an impure sample is actually 99.9% pure?

^^^ lol that is definitely one possibility.

is it possible to use a substance with a similar peak to mask the presence of a second substance that is also present? or any other way to fool the test? got a friend that is sitting on two UR-144 samples that are both supposedly 99% pure, but he claims one is way less potent than the other...

^^^ lol that is definitely one possibility.

is it possible to use a substance with a similar peak to mask the presence of a second substance that is also present? or any other way to fool the test? got a friend that is sitting on two UR-144 samples that are both supposedly 99% pure, but he claims one is way less potent than the other...

If the eluent strenght is set way too high, all compounds in the sample could elute in the same peak. Also if the impurity has the same retention time as the desired compound they will both elute in one peak.

Anyways, you cant really use the vendor's analysis for anything. You have no way of knowing that its legit.

If the eluent strenght is set way too high, all compounds in the sample could elute in the same peak. Also if the impurity has the same retention time as the desired compound they will both elute in one peak.

Anyways, you cant really use the vendor's analysis for anything. You have no way of knowing that its legit.

one of the samples was independently tested.

the more potent one was the one that was independently verified. the less potent one is the one with the vendor crying up and down in the thread that his stuff must be 99.9% pure.

i think i've heard enough lol, thanks guys :)

the stuff that was third party tested was originally sold as JTE-907 btw. the trip reports made a lot more sense once the lab results came back. glad i stayed away from that one until it got lab confirmed.... UR-144 did end up being pretty nice though.

More of a journal request/ quick summery request but does anyone have information on the expression and function of the purported CB3 receptor?
Been dying to do some reading on it, but I've been focusing more on my studies lately.

Also, +1 internets if anyone can give me specific mechanisms for amphetamine induced inflammation of nerve fibers/CNS tissues; Yet another thing I wish I had more time for.

Can anyone shed any light on the dream supressant properties of cannabis? Any journal articles, or studies would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm, no! A quick look suggests endocannabinoids increase the duration of REM sleep, and CB1 inverse agonists reduce the duration. Though cannabis or oral THC apparently also decrease the duration. I can't find much more than that.

More of a journal request/ quick summery request but does anyone have information on the expression and function of the purported CB3 receptor?
Been dying to do some reading on it, but I've been focusing more on my studies lately.

What's CB3? GPR55 or something?

Yeah GPR55 and 18 are really close to being reclassified, and it wouldn't shock me to find even more of them.

I've been reading that Phenylalanine is a neurotoxin. Is this true? I can't seem to find any information proving this, at least from reliable sources.

there should be an ADD social

i know it might not hit 40 pages ever but still =p

Is it possible to get effects from Cerebrolysin intranasal usage?

Last edited:
I've been reading that Phenylalanine is a neurotoxin. Is this true? I can't seem to find any information proving this, at least from reliable sources.

If you have metabolic issues like phenylketonuria then yes, but you'd effectively have to only eat L-phenylalanine for weeks on end if you don't before it would cause significant damage. Its going to saturate the large neutral amino acid transporter far before it reaches that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.