• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction OD SOCIAL THREAD----Info. Support. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

muvolution

Bluelight Crew
Recently its become apparent that the more mechanically-natured OD forum and support-focused TDS forum leave a gap that many are trying to fill in areas such as the Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread. A great community developed in the OD forum in areas such as these but unfortunately, has lacked a central home.

In an effort to address this from multiple angles and serve as many people as possible, we've decided to try to create a new home for this discussion where some of the important regular members of OD can offer their insight and support, share their stories and we can all come together as a community.

The success of this project relies on all of you to make this an important part of OD's progression into the future. A key aspect of harm reduction is meeting people where they are at and while TDS is a truly wonderful forum, people can not always be entirely open there due to the risk of triggering others as well as being exposed to people with very set views on recovery and addiction. Previously OD did not have a location for this type of discussion so it has sprung up in the suboxone thread as well as numerous journal-style threads where people chronicle their attempts at tapering/quitting and other problems.

In addition, feel free to ask quick questions about drugs that aren't deserving of their own thread. We want this to be support-oriented, but also a great place to socialize, meet BL'rs and become familiar with other OD regulars.

This thread is to allow us all who feel at home in OD to be able to have our own place to connect with each other and progress into the future. This thread is also a place where users should feel free to ask quick drug-related questions that do not require individual threads, as well as just a spot for loose conversation about drugs & life with your fellow Other Drugs regulars.​

OD Social Guidelines

First off, follow the OD Guidelines and BLUA.

Any posts that contain disallowed subjects or disallowed content will be edited out immediately and further action may be taken if warranted.

Also, please...
  • USE THE EDIT BUTTON TO ADD TO A POST
  • REFRAIN FROM USING RED TEXT
  • NO POSTING TRIP REPORTS
  • NO REGIONAL THREADS

• No Flaming. Non-productive criticism of a post's content or its author will not be tolerated, we will not hesitate to use our modsticks!

• Posting content that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or any other reason is against the rules too. Sorry, but we aren’t here to hate-monger. Such posts will be UA'd without warning following through with punitive action if required.

• Please use generic drug names when referring to a substance. Not everyone knows your local slang. It is hard to decipher it sometimes so please just stick to the basics.

Most of all, share your stories, your life, your progress, socialize, and get to know one another again.

GO!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great! This might sound dumb but i need to take a nap for an hour or so.. i had court today and the past few days i haven't gotten much sleep but i need to be up later so i will make a point of it to come back!
Talk to whoever joins the thread later lol
%)

EDIT: I just posted that to let you know i'm not ignoring the thread you made for us, i promise my posts will be aimed at trying to help people who need it or if i need to learn something myself.
I wasn't trying to make it like the old social :)
I'm just confused what to say on here now lol i don't wanna ruin it.. i will let others start and i will get a feel for it.

Last edited:
Oh great Cane's here.. i'll be banned in a few minutes. ;)

I had to actually urbandictionary.com what ITT meant.. and now i think it's funny because that is the worst first post ever.. "im going to take a nap?!" ooooh fucking exciting haha, oh man i need sleep.. be back later.

Nicely done Muvolution, I look forward to being able to positively contribute to this thread. I too have had w/d's from different meds and know the hardships that come with them.

Alright, some socialites.

I hope this can re-establish the vibrant community that once existed in OD. If you guys see a thread that could have been answered in here, let the person know that we have a great social here. Actually, just let everyone in OD know, that way it is clear that we have an info booth/ social/ and support mixed into one place, which should bring in lots of diversity, should be fun, and it will be ours.

I have been off opiates for 2 weeks, not even on subs or anything. I got a script for a few Dilaudids now for when I am in extreme pain, but as a whole, I am way better off than I was even just 6 months ago. My addiction is under control, and so is my pain. I couldn't be happier.

mu,

I didn't realize you were off opiates man! That's awesome!

Glad to hear that your pain is under control as well. :)

ninjad by.... myself?

anyways, NT thanks man, I have been moving towards this for a while, I am much happier.

I try to only take them when I really need em for pain now. Although I only need like 20 a month, my script is still for a shitload of pills, so they are just accumulating. I have pills for probably several months if I couldn't see the doc anymore. Or drugs for a short binge, either or. But it's not like I will stop seeing the doctor, so if this continues.... I'll have a lifetime supply.

Hey I totally remember you from the lounge tinychat thing. That was my last IV experience. MXE.

It's a bad place to be, man. I kicked shootin about 3 weeks ago now. Only done it once in that time. It feels good.

I fear if I ever picked up a needle and had the balls to inject myself with meds, I would never turn back.

Status
Not open for further replies.