Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Mescaline (T. bridgesii) – Semi-experienced – What a Wonderful Day

Ethyl_Acetate

Bluelighter
Male, 21 years old, 200 lbs.

I brewed up some T. bridgesii cactus using this method. I had a rather skinny cutting about a foot long and 1” in diameter, so I threw in a 2.5” by 3” cutting to the mix and reduced the brew down to about one cup of liquid. Before I began to drink the mix I also prepared a large cup of green tea with a generous amount of ginger. Without ginger I definitely notice an increase in nausea during the comeup. I drank the ginger tea 30 mins before I started on the cactus, and then I sipped the cactus mix slowly over 30-40 mins.

After finishing the brew I was already feeling the effects slowly creep up. I dosed on an almost empty stomach (small granola bar snack 2 hours before). The mescaline headspace and accompanying high are rather inviting and energizing. Some small chores are done around the apartment before heading out for a walk.

After my walk I return to my apartment and chat with my roommate who has now awakened. We watch some football for a while and I’m feeling great. Eventually one of the apartment complexes across from ours decides to blast some obnoxious music, not something I want to be listening to on the comeup. I grab my headphones and decide to head out on a longer walk.

I walked about 30 minutes south of campus and the fall foliage is quite beautiful. Around this time (T+2:30 – T+3:00) the mescaline really sets in, before this there is just a comfortable high present. For me, I don’t notice that things are necessarily ‘brighter’, but rather that things are incredibly sharper and more defined. The bark on trees looks like it has been cut and carved with a laser, almost like it has sharp edges. If I look at a tree as a whole each leaf seems to vibrate and sway in its own unique way. I eventually find myself looking at one of these giants just taking it its beauty. After about a minute or so I notice a squirrel is looking right at me! Standing there eye to eye with this small animal was so calm and beautiful. Eventually I continued on my walk, and after I walked a few feet from the tree I looked back, finding that the squirrel was still looking my way.

I make it back to campus and I know the peak is approaching. As I’m walking across the quad I slowly feel this contentedness creeping up. Over the next hour of the trip I just feel fantastic. The visuals are quite light with minor distortions in height and perception, but the headspace is so clear I feel like I can function well while still feeling incredibly high. I love being around people in busy areas when I trip, and walking down a bustling street feeling all of the interactions around me is perfect. I go to visit my girlfriend at work, and on my way out of the building I find myself looking at this picture of this geometric building. The picture appears three dimensional, the many parts of the building taking turns projecting out towards me and then sinking into the background.

When I get back to the apartment the visuals are still light yet enjoyable. The wall slowly slides into the rippling ceiling and small geometric patterns are appearing on the couch. I enjoy the rest of the afternoon and night just hanging out with my roommates and my girlfriend after she comes over after work. We end the night with a few drinks and I sleep soundly. The next morning there is no hangover, just an appreciation of the experience.

Thanks for reading :)

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_trichocereusbridgesii
substancecode_mescaline
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like an amazing, beautiful trip! Mescaline has intrigued me ever since I first heard the song "Arabian Nights on Mescaline" by Infected Mushroom. It's purely instrumental and the music is supposed to sort of describe the mescaline experience. I've never done it myself, but from your report I think the music seems pretty spot on. ;) Your report was very descriptive, it was almost like I was there experiencing it myself... awesome job, definitely hope to see more from ya!

Welcome to Bluelight! <3

Thanks xburtonchic! Even low doses of mescaline are fantastic - I hope you have a great experience if you get to try it some time!