• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

[Amphetamine/gbl etizolam] Staying in to study for upcoming exams on a Friday evening

Grondelduck

Bluelighter
Next week I have my exams, and I still have about 1500 pages to read this weekend for the upcoming exams.
A little about me: I have ADD, my attention-span is incredibly short and very sporadic. Knowing I'd never get all that reading done without some external 'help' I decided to get a gram of amphetamine to help me focus and get stuff done. I find speed to be more practical then dexamph, which I am prescribed. The amphetamine was uncut and pure, and I was told this when I got it, but of course I was a bit skeptical. This person had been providing me with speed in the past, and I knew I wouldn't get junk, but still. Having done my fair share of speed in the past (to the point which one might consider an addiction), I had an idea of what to expect. I should mention I have quite an addictive nature though, but I hadn't touched speed for a month already and thought I could easily control myself.

Anyway, on to the studying. I cancelled all plans for the evening and made a schedule of what to learn and such. After taking about 50mg (eyeballed) I instantly noticed this was far stronger then the average streetspeed one would usually get. Strong rushes of energy and happiness ensued. I put on some nice dancesets to listen to on the background. I started reading a few pages, but the music was too tempting and I found myself rocking back and forth in my chair to the melody. Passed a mirror and saw my pupils were black abysses.
The urge to socialize was so strong I gave into it, so I hopped on facebook and started chatting to this girl I've been into for some time. Just for a few minutes, I told myself, and then I'll get back to studying.

I did another line to get the focus I desired, and got back to reading. For about 2 minutes.
"Hey, I might as well check if *person* is online on World of warcraft (yeah, I know, but in my defense; I mainly play it because of the social aspect ;)). He was, and I got tempted into playing, "just a few minutes", I told him.
About 1h later I decided I should really go to work now, and I took another small line and got back to reading.
At which point a good friend of mine came online, who had been feeling quite depressed the last months. We had a great meaningful conversation about everything concerning our lives for about an hour. Definitely not wasted time, but I still hadn't done any reading done.
At this point I felt so strongly stimulated I decided to take 1.5ml of gbl to straighten it out a bit. Or so I thought. The gbl hit me hard, and I got on my phone, texted another friend about how the world would be a better place if all shared his kindness. While I was at it I also texted a few girlfriends about how freaking awesome they were, and how much I loved them.
Got back on my pc, and started talking to the before-mentioned depressive friend, and how conveyed my gigantic amount of love for him as well.
"Hm, might as well download some new tunes while I'm on my pc anyway."

I noticed the gbl was hitting me far harder then I expected, so it felt naturally to counter that with another small line of speed. There, back to reading now.
"OH GOD I LOVE THIS TRACK, what was it again?" Dancing across my room, I started texting another girl from my uni who was unaware of my druguse, and started expressing my incredible admiration for her kindness and such.

At this point about 4 hours had passed since I began 'studying'. It was about 2am, so I decided to check on my friends who did go out that evening, and see if they were having a good night as well. And made plans for the next 2 weeks while I was at it anyway.
The amphetamine, being far stronger then I expected, was overpowering (in a good way, though not for studying). I decided to take another .5ml of gbl, and started reading a page or 2 again.

At this point I felt too 'relaxed and lovelydovely, so I took a wee bit of amph to get the desired focus back. Not too long after I found myself dancing about the room a bit, and I decided studying was out of the question for the night.
I took 3mg of Etizolam to calm down a bit, with little effect. After 1h I mainly felt residual stimulation, and got tired of that very fast, so I took 2ml of gbl to get to that cozy place again.

At which point I felt the urge to share my evening, but of course everybody was already fast asleep at this time (5am). So off to bluelight I went!

Which brings us to this moment. At the time of writing it's 6.18am and the gbl has settled in quite nicely.

So, all in all, I got about 10 pages of reading done, a few hours of conversation and lots of love spread <3

No regrets, it was a productive night, although in a different way then I intended it to be :D
Dropping 15mg of zopiclone now and hopefully drift off in a blissful sleep.

TLDR: Amphetamine was stronger then anticipated, much love spread and little work done.

Much love!

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_amphetamine
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_stimulants
substancecode_gbl
substancecode_gabaergics
substancecode_etizolam
substancecode_benzos
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Mate, that concoction seems extremely reckless! Granted you have most likely done similar before, I'd be careful mixing uppers and downers that much. Especially whilst alone! That said, it sounded like an epic night!

Oh and I'm quite sure live trip reports are against rules. I could be wrong, but just in case be careful with it!

adl said:
Mate, that concoction seems extremely reckless! Granted you have most likely done similar before, I'd be careful mixing uppers and downers that much. Especially whilst alone!

WTH are you talking about? What danger? Mixing benzos and GBL would generally be what would be considered dangerous, but his doses of the latter were quite responsible.

The 3mg etizolam and 15mg zopliclone would both be considered recreational doses, do you have a benzo tolerance Gduck (or were you just amped up enough they were necessary)? Just curious.

I hope u know you'll never get shit done if your amp isn't the minimum effective dose

(for me, adderall 30mg.)

I hope u know you'll never get shit done if your amp isn't the minimum effective dose

(for me, adderall 30mg.)
this

you got high, no work was done and you'll have a comedown to deal with. pure speed is soulmelting in a bad way

WTH are you talking about? What danger? Mixing benzos and GBL would generally be what would be considered dangerous, but his doses of the latter were quite responsible.

The 3mg etizolam and 15mg zopliclone would both be considered recreational doses, do you have a benzo tolerance Gduck (or were you just amped up enough they were necessary)? Just curious.
the 3 mg etiz was taken about an hour after the last .5ml gbl dosing, and I always let the gbl run it's course before deciding upon more ofcourse :) Now, the etizolam didn't provided the calm of mind I expected. Etizolam usually calms my body down to the extend where I find myself able to sleep, but not that night unfortunately. With sleep being out of the question I decided upon the last dose of gbl (I have a tolerance to Etizolam and it's quite forgiving with GHB/GBL imo) and let that run it's course, and the zopiclone wasn't taken untill I felt it save to do so.

Thank you for your concerning replies, nice to have a community looking out for each other like this :) Keep it up! I have left out some important information in that regard as well it seems. I am a new bluelighter, but I am both very familiar with gbl and etizolam, and there is a fair degree of tolerance in play as well. That being said, I know my body well and never had a bad time during the evening. I'm aware of how dosage-sensitive GBL is and how much I can take at a certain point. It's quite the double-edged sword if one is unfamiliar with it indeed. I never exceed 2ml for example, and I'm well informed about the duration as not to take double doses. The effects of the gbl were very enjoyable, but when I said it was hitting too hard I meant too hard to be able to get work done in the end, haha :) Never have I blacked out with GHB/GBL, though I see how an objective eye would see a jackass hopping from this to there without a care (And I can rhyme!), but I assure you this is not the case ;)

Though I must disagree with you on your stance towards pure speed, and admit a fault on my part as well. With my earlier tolerance 50mg was a working dose to me. It wouldn't do much but clear my head, get me organized. I guess I overestimated how quickly my tolerance would drop again. About my medication, I've got an appointment to decide upon an alternative soon, thank god.

The thing that makes speed so attractive to me, is the fact that it's a great stim, both functional and for events. And at the end of my run I do feel beat yeah, but I wake up the next day with nothing more then musclepain from dancing. Perhaps a bit more tired then usual, but aside from that I'm just my happy cheery self ^^
Strange though, I heard similair tales of horrible comedowns from many people, but only cocaine has me sitting at the end of my bed pondering about why I had been so stupid to do it, while many of my friends feel fine and simply go to sleep:p

Thank you for your replies and taking the time to read it all, I apologize for the delay in my reply, last week were my exams, and I didn't do bad ;)

Thanks for taking the interest and be safe as well!

The thing that makes speed so attractive to me, is the fact that it's a great stim, both functional and for events. And at the end of my run I do feel beat yeah, but I wake up the next day with nothing more then musclepain from dancing. Perhaps a bit more tired then usual, but aside from that I'm just my happy cheery self ^^
Strange though, I heard similair tales of horrible comedowns from many people, but only cocaine has me sitting at the end of my bed pondering about why I had been so stupid to do it, while many of my friends feel fine and simply go to sleep:p
!

theres a whole thread on DRI's versus Dopamine releasers. some people find a cocaine comedown bad, some people find speed comedowns worse. for me a speed comedown is by far worse with psychotic symptoms and very bad depression for days. for me cocaine doesn't have a comedown bar the first hour when it begins to wear off and make you slightly anxious