• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4-MEC insufflated (10*10mg session) - naive : Mixed feelings but may reconsider.

peopleawake

Greenlighter
Hello ! my very first trip report goes as following :

Body Weight : 75 kg
Previous experiences with stimulants : ephedrine, cocaine hcl, cocaine freebase (experienced)
Others : codeine, morphine, buprenorphine, DXM, Methoxetamine (experienced)
Psychedelics : sclerotia (one time), LSA seeds (one time)
No substance use in the last month, except St John Wort tincture 5/10 (5 teaspoons a day instead of 1-2 recommended) Stopped 4 days before investigation.

Appearance of material : off white, very clear beige crystal 2 to 5 mm shards, lightly sweet vanilla smell with a touch of plastic smell.

Allergy test : even before the allergy test, i managed to insufflate a tiny unknown amount or get in my mouth some without itending to do so. result body rush in 2 minutes : dizziness, tachycardia 140 bpm, restlessness, anxiety. 0 euphoria. Rush receding in less than 3 minutes to baseline.

Wondered if it was the naive brain phenomena or the beginning of a serotonin syndrome or some idiosyncratic reaction ?

Allergy test : 1mg orally. nothing

Since my first contact was so dissapointing and seemed a bit risky, i decided to conitnue orally for safety

t0 : 5 mg orally - slight mental stimulation, barely noticable, no body load
t + 20 minutes 10 mg insufflated : threshold stimulation and dizziness and 3 minutes later dysphoric rush, restlessness, (need to pace) dizzyness. hot flash, temperature rising, cold flash, some leg tremors : adverse effects and rush receded even more quickly. revert to a level above baseline, that i will characterize as mellow, empty headed (little head fog), but with possibility to concentrate and produce, with a marked sedation after 5 minutes (a rather pleasant comedown or is sedation part of the plateau phase ?) like being a bit alcohol intoxicated and under strong cigarette rush.

No euphoria. No empathy. pounding between the desire to do some computer work and do nothing at the same time.

Next insufflations @ 25 min intervals : no more unpleasant rushes but tolerance build very quickly ! Seems just to maintain stimulation. No buzz as previously. Desire to work more prominent now. Mood lifted somewhat (i am usually quite depressed)

CONCLUSION : may provide a good stimulation without nasty comedown but first effects where a bit scary
Insure if St John wort is to blame for the adverse effects or is it my inexperience with cathinones that made the whole experience globally negative ?

PS : i am not a native english speaker so it may make this report a bit unconfortable or bizarre to read.

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_4mec
substancecode_cathinones
substancecode_stimulants
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
exptype_bodyload
roacode_nasal

Last edited: