Contributing to the Bluelight Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of minor matters:
1. I've noticed it rather common for people to add random questions or comments on random aspects of personal experiences as replies to draft wiki posts. Is this something we'd like to dissuade?
2. Do we want to strongly encourage citation from primary sources? Both Erowid and Wikipedia pages cite such, and their citations can be hunted down with little hassle (particularly with the tools of Google Scholar and Library Genesis).

ebola

^ we want to dissuade participation regarding the first query; the second, YES we want to strongly encourage citation from primary resources! Ive been waving this flag - solitarily - since the publication of my methamphetamine Article.

Wikipedia's citation policy for medical/pharmacology articles is actually a lot stricter than the standard citation policy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:RS (standard policy)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:MEDRS (medical articles) - includes Wikipedia:RS and also requires citations to be medical reviews of literature (secondary sources) or professional medical textbooks published in the past 5 years. generally also excludes animal research, but there's exceptions

Edit: In other words, pubmed sources need to say "review" under publication types.

^right, but thats above many people's heads and so by keeping the expectation reasonable I hope to get more compliance with it :)

Ñ ice observation, though!! %)

Just noticed that the BL FAQ page is now out of date. I figure this sticky is an adequate place to mention that it lists us as BL.ru still instead of BL.org :).

Thanks, BL! Ima get on that now.... How very observent!! :D

So I was talking with bronson today about parallel isms between the BL Wiki and the Ambassadot Program; specifically, we were talking about potential incentives for members who wish to be a contributive force on behalf of the a Wiki.

I know such members exist, and I'm confident that we can recruit more.

If you've got some spare time, please read the following article, as it expresses some of the thoughts I've been having with respect to actually making this concept actionable:

Encouraging Contributions to Online Communities with Personalization and Incentives

Specifically, I was thinking about developing some sort of customized title for especially prominent contributors; additionally, bronson made the sage suggestion that we might, in a sense, revamp the currently-complicated procedure by which people now have to make their informational contributions.

The idea we were rolling about was that those users we deem substantial contributors can apply for permissions to be given on the Wiki page itself, so that we can A.) Be sure that these specific users will be contributing material without having to post it in the Wiki forum first, get my approval, then have me go ahead and transcribe it into MediaWiki format and then post it to the Wiki itself, and B.) doing so will provide here users with a heightened sense of participation for their contribution instead of a small 'thanks to [insert name here]' at the end of the document.

I'm going to post this in MPC, too; I'd love to hear any body's thoughts, additions & extrapolations so that we can get this under way. The Wiki has essentially been defunct since tambourine-man shut down new user account registrations in lieu of the volume of spam we were getting on the site.

I'd love to see it up and running once more, and hope that other staff will join me in making this a reality!

:)

~ Vaya

^
What's the Ambassadot Program?

I hope you guys work something out. It would be nice to be able to post directly on there.

EDIT: My thoughts on titles: if they're a prize, it might be good to let people pick their own, so long as they don't conflict with any other "ranks" like Administrator. Maybe they could be drawn in various colors like gold and silver, with each indicating a different level of contribution.

Last edited:
From the little I have seen of the forum and the wiki (though the instant comment deals mainly with the wiki) the culture of control is strong. This bodes ill for a wiki project. The good intentions of the leadership will likely go for nought if control is not loosed.

One cannot even register as an editor!
With all the great gadgets in the tool chest of mediawiki, surely you could at least be as open as, say, Conservapedia, fer chrissakes!

4f-bf is illegal in the U.S. But wiki states otherwise. Im new to this forum, however, I'm quite knowledgeable in other regards. Considering its molecular structure, isn't it illegal without even considering the analogue act. please correct me if im wrong

It's not specifically scheduled, though numerous other analogues of fentanyl are. We can't really consider the analogue act when talking about legality, as any recreational drug is potentially illegal under it, depending on the assessment of whatever judge in the according trial.

ebola

Hey guys and gals, I wasn't sure where to report this, but go to the Bluelight User Titles Page and check out where the link for Enlighten leads; I think that link needs an update.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Hey- I would like to make a wiki page on the following subjects and wanted to know if this was alright:
-Hep C
-The Use of Deep Veins, Brachial, Femoral (also would probably include Jugular though it's also accessible on the surface), and the dangers of their use DVT's etc, along with proper procedure. This would include several links, I know a lot of people at least two years back found this subject to be kind of controversial but my counter argument would be isn't this what bluelight and harm reduction are all about? People are going to engage in risky behavior so shouldn't they be educated on how to do these things the safest way possible, and shouldn't that information be accessible through bluelight? I understand some might say that putting that information out there is encouraging or might encourage some to start injecting into deep veins, but my counter argument is that while this may be true, people are going to do it anyway, it's the nature of a heroin addict to do so, and instead of learning safe technique from a respectable harm reduction organization, they're going to learn to do so from another user who probably doesn't care too much or doesn't know what they're doing, or if they do care and do know how to do it right, they might not know the risks of doing it. Obviously if the resulting thread was not satisfactory it wouldn't be published but I'd like the chance to try and tackle this topic, I'd include diagrams and most likely video links as well.

BTW the wiki is looking REALLY good compared to the last time I checked up on it.

The more I explore Bluelight, the more I know I'm in the right place.
And I've only just found it.

I went to go check the Wiki links for blueght, and all i'm getting is a title and no content.

Can any one else confirm? See Wiki link at the top & BLUA in my sig
http://wiki.bluelight.org/index.php/Main_Page

WycLo90.png

Hi, I am new here, and have yet to find my way around the site....Therefore I will have to post here, hoping someone will pick upon it....A BIG HELLO TO YOU ALL.

Hello to you, I am new and have-no clue about how yo post and skin questions or just post. Ughhh u r not alone my friend. :)

Ok, so a year after BP's post and things seem the same, and there isn't even a page for methamphetamine.

This is the sort of boring shit I'm good at, and I have ample free time. I'm happy to go in there and do stuff, as long as it will be used for something. So is there a current status on the Wiki? Is it dead or just dying or just gathering dust after some other site drama?

Status
Not open for further replies.