• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Grand Theft Auto V

ricardo08

Bluelighter
gtav.net said:
The first Grand Theft Auto V trailer debuts tomorrow, November 2nd. Here is everything you need to know in order to prepare yourself:

First of all, the countdown will end at 12:00 PM noon EDT (New York), 16:00 PM GMT (UK) and on Thursday at 03:00 AM GMT+11 (Sydney).

http://www.gtav.net/

http://www.rockstargames.com/

I can't wait. Judging by the new logo I'm gonna guess San Andreas as the location.

Anyone else looking forward to this?

Hell yeah I'm looking forward to this. I accidentally brushed up upon it the day the trailer was announced. I wouldn't even own a console if not for GTA games, so fuck yeah.

I'm hoping for either Vice City (cause they need to do my city right, in a modern day setting) or San Andreas, which seems more likely. Hopefully it will outdo IV, which was the best GTA yet but lacked some of the great elements that San Andreas had at the same time.

Is it sad that I've played through GTA IV like 6 times since the day it came out?

why are they jumping straight to V? why couldn't they continue the gtaiv: vice city or gtaiv: san andreas themes? are they using an even newer engine?

irrespective, i think i just gasmed hard in anticipation.

Is it sad that I've played through GTA IV like 6 times since the day it came out?

not at all, man. that game is epic, it's my fall back relaxation game or chill out drunk game. love it so much.

Found this on gtav.net

"The title of the new Grand Theft Auto is "Grand Theft Auto V" (or "Grand Theft Auto 5"). Many fans speculated beforehand that it would be called "Grand Theft Auto: Place Name", as titles have taken this form in the past (e.g. with Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas). The reason for this was that Vice City and San Andreas formed a trilogy with GTAIII, and thus were essentially expansions of the GTAIII world. Former Rockstar CEO, Terry Donovan, admitted that this was the plan from the beginning:

It was really important for us to do this trilogy. A fictional New York in a contemporary setting, Miami in the '80s, and a '90s Cali - that was the trilogy. That was the plan from a long time ago.
— Terry Donovan, Former R* CEO (talking to Game Informer)

There was never any indication that the next few games would follow the same pattern. Dan Houser told the Official PlayStation Magazine in 2007 (a year before GTAIV was released) that Rockstar had yet to make up their minds. He said: "to be honest with you, we haven't yet figured out if this [GTA IV] is going to be leading onto another bunch of games or not. We are just focusing on this at the moment."

The announcement of 'Grand Theft Auto V' doesn't necessarily mean that the game won't feature loose connections and returning characters from previous games. It's just a title, afterall."

Doesn't really help i know, but there you go.

It makes me think that 5 could be set in an entirely new place?

I'm a get me some Vinewood Sluts =D

how beautiful was that trailer, smog and all. from first three viewings, the stand out additions are convertible cars and military jets. The environment is crazy, those mountains and farms along with the city and beaches. Looks like it's gonna feature the GFC significantly.

can't fkn wait

Looks fucking awesome man, so hyped. Looks like it's gonna include the same places as San Andreas (city, mountains, hopefully desert though it wasn't shown in the trailer). There's a gym, suggesting character enhancement. Seems like it could be a nice mix between the new style of GTA4 and SA / VC.

Also, sounds like the new protagonist could be Tommi Vercetti?

This guy

http://i44.tinypic.com/2jaiukj.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/9bdg5c.jpg

That would be soo sick.

That was awesome.

My only concern is that it will only be Los Santos, as outstanding as it looked. I need me some San Fierro and Las Venturas action :)

Either way it will be fucking epic.

the jetski is called "speedophile 2000" lol!

so a cross between city and country, of gta and red dead?

where can you fly to then?

i still can't wait.

Have been waiting so long for a new Grand Theft Auto game. They are the only games I truly rate 10/10 as the playing area is massive. I love the ability to be able to go anywhere and even if not doing a mission you can have so much fun just by finding stunt jumps and getting into car chases with the cops etc.
Can't bloody wait.

I fucking hate that they announced this game.

Now I think about it too much. And play more video games. Before GTA IV I wasn't even going to buy a console. Fuck this series man, it's like another drug to get addicted to.

This looks quite cool, hopefully they bring back a jet to fly around in for this instead of the gay choppers in iv 4

^they did. they are saying biggest open world map to date (period).

two first screencaps
6723.jpg

6724.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...wered-max-payne-3-and-grand-theft-auto-v.html

^ great news, looks good. Heard release date isnt until 31/12/12 though :(

what year (range) is it taking place in? im interested in what the soundtrack will be